PDA

View Full Version : Collecting random models

Infern0
02-12-2012, 15:40
Hi! I would really appreciate a piece of advice!
I always wanted to buy some miniatures from different armies to convert some, to paint the others and so on... And now, when my 40k orks reached the place, where I don`t really need anything to buy to play with, my DElves need a massive painting treatment(therefore, no more DE anytime soon), I actually have the chance to do, what I wanted for so long (some minis have been on the wishlist for more than 4 years), conserning I`m going to GB for Christmas and New Years, I will actually be able to buy some models, and it will be about 20% cheper for me.
BUT it all will cost me 160 punds.
So I can`t decide whether to do it or not. Is it worth it?:confused:

Tarliyn
02-12-2012, 16:05
I dont play at all anymore so I pretty much only buy to paint/collect/display.

I say go for it. You have you armies stocked up and if another army isn't interesting you just get stuff you want. Not having an army to focus on is pretty liberating from a painting/modeling perspective, I really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senbei
02-12-2012, 16:05
If you have family over here, there are a number of mail-order stores that offer you another 20-30% off. Order from them to a friendly address.

Infern0
02-12-2012, 16:46
I dont play at all anymore so I pretty much only buy to paint/collect/display.

I say go for it. You have you armies stocked up and if another army isn't interesting you just get stuff you want. Not having an army to focus on is pretty liberating from a painting/modeling perspective, I really enjoy it.

You have a great point,I guess I will afterall :)

If you have family over here, there are a number of mail-order stores that offer you another 20-30% off. Order from them to a friendly address.
It might be a good idea, but I heard that some of them(wayland games for example) had problems shipping stuff on time, and since I`m coming for only 2 weeks, I`m kind of worried about being around at the time my order comes =/

Skywave
02-12-2012, 22:31
For about a year I've been buying mostly random models. I have pretty much everything I could need for my armies and haven't bought much for them, but I've been instead buying all kind of models that I was always interested in or found appealing (plus the possibility to use some of them in the odd Storm of Magic game helped).

While I have yet to touch any of them, getting them on the cheap when I can and having them for whenever I feel to build/paint them to get a break from my armies is great. So if you have an opportunity to get stuff you like for cheaper than usual, you should definitely do it. If you are unsure of the delivery time of some discount retailers, you could ask to those you are visiting if you could have stuff shipped to their place, and they could keep the package for when you get there. That way you could order right away and will most likely get your stuff by them or when you're there.

Senbei
02-12-2012, 22:47
It might be a good idea, but I heard that some of them(wayland games for example) had problems shipping stuff on time, and since I`m coming for only 2 weeks, I`m kind of worried about being around at the time my order comes =/

Theres a store in London that sells at that discount too, if you're near there. I think even leaving P&P for your relatives would still add a decent saving...

Shnerg
03-12-2012, 00:04
I buy random models all the time.

This week alone I've bought an Avatar of Khaine, some Witch Elves, a Wood Elf Lord, some Dwarf Banners and the Rise of Mhorgoth Mantic set. It's been so cheap and I've now got enough painting until Easter.

-Shnerg (the spendhappy)