PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments for 2013 U.S?

Trains_Get_Robbed
02-12-2012, 20:02
So as I have been dubbed with the honor of trying to organize our warhammer groups' first summer G.T/Grand Prix and 2-day tournament trip schedule.

Currently my group is out of Michigan, and is willing to travel to as far as the East Coast and Mason-Dixon line. We're looking to hit up 2 tournaments between the period of Late-May and Middle-August.

I was curious as to if there are any tournaments that fit the above criteria? Thus far, in my quick browsing and talking with a few warhammerconnects I've got:

Buckeye Battles -Early-Mid July

Midwest Rampage- Late May

Blood in the Sun- Middle of June

Thanks for your help!

Edit: Damnn it's been a long time since I posted.

bnrweimann
22-12-2012, 10:56
You might want to give Brawler Bash IV a try. It's located in Raleigh, NC. I've played in it 3 of the last 4 years and had a blast. Here is the web-site: http://brawlerbash.proboards.com/index.cgi They haven't posted any info on this year's event, but I received my e-mail notification last week and it's scheduled for 13-14 April. Contact in the e-mail was bullcitywargaming@yahoo.com.

Da Crusha
23-12-2012, 09:36
Adepticon in chicago is in april. lots of warhammer goodness there.

Archis
23-12-2012, 12:12
Unplugged GT in Hartford, CT end of may. www.unpluggedgamers.com

Bragging Rights team event in Hartford in June.

Both are very near the airport.

Shimmergloom
23-12-2012, 12:57
You might want to give Brawler Bash IV a try. It's located in Raleigh, NC. I've played in it 3 of the last 4 years and had a blast. Here is the web-site: http://brawlerbash.proboards.com/index.cgi They haven't posted any info on this year's event, but I received my e-mail notification last week and it's scheduled for 13-14 April. Contact in the e-mail was bullcitywargaming@yahoo.com.

Hey man, you're a bit out of date. We are up to Brawler Bash VI, not IV. Also new guys are running it and have a new website and forum.

http://bullcitywargaming-com1.webs.com/

The players pack has been out for a week or 2 now and sign ups are already under way. It's scheduled for April 13th and 14th.

There is also going to be an indy 40k tournament that same weekend in the same store(the store is absolutely huge now and has room for 100 players).

And not only all that goodness, but there is going to be a 2nd indy GT in the area in October as the former 1 day Grail Quest will become a 2 day event.

Lord Inquisitor
25-01-2013, 14:04
I'll be at Brawler Bash and I'm looking forward to that, although it's a good bit south of the Mason-Dixon line (heh, I had to google exactly where that was).

Other tournaments on the East Coast, there's Conflict in New York, which is a reasonably big GT (I've never been). I'm not even 100% sure if they're running a tournament this year and their website is down. There's the NOVA open, which is probably the biggest GT we have in the D.C. area. The 40K tournament is a monster 200+ people event but the WFB tournament is much smaller. Hopefully we'll get growth there. Nice venue and a fun time. There's also Border Raids run in PA, which are at Showcase Comics. Quite small GTs limited to about 40 people max but really fun little GT with some of the best tables you're ever going to see.

One other thing you might be interested is there's a team tournament happening in Boston. ETC rules, 4-man teams. Bragging Rights GT (http://braggingrightswhfb.tumblr.com/). My club is planning to hit that one and it looks like a good one if you're planning to go with your club.

Shimmergloom
13-03-2013, 11:37
Update:

Brawler Bash VI is up to 77 people, with just 1 month till the Bash.

Max is 100, so this is your last chances to sign up. Everyone's going to be there. Malorian, Once Bitten, Tsukefox, Djekar, Lord Inquisitor, Steve Martin*, all your favorites! Will all the Orc players combine our Waaaghs! and run roughshod over the whole tournament? Only way to find out is to come to Brawler Bash VI!

*May not be the actor Steve Martin.

Trains_Get_Robbed
13-03-2013, 12:27
High attendances all around this year. I think Buckeye Battles has to be the second highest attendance G.T/tournament in the U.S behind Adepticon though, they sold out in the first five days of opening, with a 100 spots (there's talk of expansion) and have a mad long waiting list.

I would love to go to the above, but logistics and being stationed on duty currently puts that out of my personal reach. Sounds like a great crowd though.

Anyone know anything new about U.S championships in August? It's either between that and Colonial for our "August" G.T, it's rather new I hear, but it's scoring system doesn't include the ETC garbage, light comp, enough to hit the heavy things.

Malorian
13-03-2013, 14:18
Update:

Brawler Bash VI is up to 77 people, with just 1 month till the Bash.

Max is 100, so this is your last chances to sign up. Everyone's going to be there. Malorian, Once Bitten, Tsukefox, Djekar, Lord Inquisitor, Steve Martin*, all your favorites! Will all the Orc players combine our Waaaghs! and run roughshod over the whole tournament? Only way to find out is to come to Brawler Bash VI!

Please come out and help sell this thing out. I'd love to be part of a tournament that hits tripple digits :)

Don Zeko
13-03-2013, 14:23
Please come out and help sell this thing out. I'd love to be part of a tournament that hits tripple digets :)

I'll be there. It's looking like it'll be quite the event.