PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Machine RPG. (OoC/Recuitment thread)

Bmaxwell
17-05-2006, 01:47
Since there appears to be some interest going around to kick start a New Mecha RPG I've done some thinking on where I went wrong Last time and what I did right.

This is the same time line as the previous RPG Move ahead 4 years.

Humans for the most part have been round up into villages by Rouge AI gangs. the humans in these villages are protected by the AI and for the most part are allowed to do as they choose. form time to time young children will be taken form the villages why the AI's take these children is unknown.

The last remaining AI that sympathized with the Humans was the massive Metal Gear Arsenal the ship Paragone and its AI Gone. The Ship put up a valiant effort against the forces that GW had been able to muster but due just simply lacking the man power along with the Digital attacks on her she was destroyed. Much of the crew survived though in part to Gone forcing the crew to evacuate before she went on her suicide mission. The crew is currently wondering the land as mercenaries for hire.

Though Gone has been destroyed rumors have begun to float around that the Son of Gone roaming the Digital world making attacks on the AI's. Other's say that Set has taken on a cyborg form. others believe that Set is dead just like is mother. what ever may be the Case Freedom Fighters have rallied under Set using him as a Idol and Messiah.

Game info
0 Mecha's (don't worry They can be used but must be some how "obtained")
0-3 Paranormal (let your mind run wild with these)
1+ Solider type

Other then that Characters are open to anything just no God characters and try to maintain the feel of the setting (gritty, war torn, with a little bit of cyberpunk)

biggreengribbly
17-05-2006, 01:50
Hey.... cyborg form for SET you say?

Could it be that you were thinking along the same lines as me?

Because I'd be quite happy with the idea of sharing Tabitha's body with SET! It could lead some interesting situations methinks :D

Bmaxwell
17-05-2006, 01:55
Not quite yet.

I'll give out this much. The crew of the Paragone (which is the party that everyone is in unless you want other wise) Know that Set is still alive and that he is no longer bound by Gone anymore. Thats all you know.

So simple answer biggreengribbly Set will not be shareing a body with Tabitha.

slaaneshes_own
17-05-2006, 02:03
Right, had the old recruitment thread not been lost/deleted, then I would have recycled my character quite happily.As this is not the case, how do people feel about a paranormal soldier-y character. I'm thinking Snake-a-like with a little bit of Agent Smith from the Matrix thrown in for that huh?! factor. if nobody has any heinous objections, then I'll get writing up a character sheet

Name will remain along the lines of Seb Ichigo.

Joe

Bmaxwell
17-05-2006, 02:04
Sounds fine to me

slaaneshes_own
17-05-2006, 12:30
OoC/ Right, this took me till 5.30 am to write. I haven't finished it, I think I need a bit more info to complete Seb's personal history etc.

Right. Datablast time!

Name: Sebastian Ichigo

It all started with a whistle and a thud. Which was was closely followed by an expletive and a scrabble for a firearm. "Dammit, why are they shooting at me?"
"Erm... because you decided to shoot their boss?"
"I was doing them a favour! He was a bastard!"
"I don't think they agree Seb!"

The barrage of bullets continued toward Seb Ichigo, and he had to start thinking. What the hell got him here?

It all started in 1979. born the son of a nurse and a retired contract killer, Sebastian was the only child in the house, and was a confused little boy. He grew up learning to shoot to kill, and how to help his father in the small local hospital.

His mother was the breadwinner, and taught Seb where to shoot to cause the maximum amount of pain for the minimum amount of effort.

It was after Seb saw his mother murdered that he knew where he wanted to go in his life, so he trained for as long and as hard as he could day after day. He neglected his studies. As far as he was concerned, they were a distraction. He trained with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and used these skills to defend himself.

He joined up for the Army as soon as he could. And if there was a call for volunteers, at the first opportunity, his name was at the top of the list.

As soon as he hit Captain, his life was disrupted again, when his father was executed as a traitor to the country. This Seb and his higher-ranking friends tried to get thrown out of the court. They failed, and Seb's father was hung from the gallows.

At 26, Seb met some radical friends, and they displayed some unusual traits, which Seb knew would help him achieve his ambitions in life. He became friendly with one in particular, Kaytha Caeanotha, and on a night out, Seb got bitten by her, and remained in a coma for 3 days.

When he awoke, he tried to swallow. He couldn't. There was something blocking the way. He tried coughing. He couldn't. He tried to say "What the hell?!" but instead it came out as " " There was no noise. A young nurse popped her head around the door and said "There's a young lady outside to see you, if you're well enough..." Seb nodded. Kaytha didn't open her mouth. But Seb heard her as though she was talking to him from the other
side of the room. "I know what you're thinking"
"What the hell have you done to me?! How can I hear you, but you're not talking..."
"It's from that bite. You can now semi-telepathically talk to anyone who can hear it. The use of your vocal cords will return in a few hours... until then, try and get some rest. You'll need it. Oh, and may I suggest you keep quiet about this, otherwise, you may be looking at cutting your military career exceptionally short." And with that, Kaytha disappeared from the room.

A few weeks later, he was back in hospital with a damaged vertabrae, after a fitness test.

As such, he had to have a full-body scan, to ensure that there was no lasting damage. It was then that the Medical Council noted certain abnormalities. Excessive bone growth around the chest-cage area, and the throat area. They mentioned none of this to Seb, until his vertebrae was fully healed. He was then discharged from Active Duty for medical anomalies, pending review.

At this point, Seb realised that his most recent "additions", would mean he would be slid up onto a slab to have his new innards poked at.

So, he left the Military, and now, with his new-found skills and friendship, he could resume his search for his mother's murderer

But where to look? An old, and rather eccentric friend of Seb's father had told him stories of Paragone, and its demise, and that if he could join them, then he could certainly track down and avenge his mother's death.

Whistle, thud, "Bugger off!!!"
With another thud, Seb awoke from his reverie, and his hand fell upon his father's old .45. He started shooting at the volley of bullets heading in a constant stream towards him.

He saw a break, and he took it, he ran for the side of the hill, bullets twanging and thudding off bits of hill, sandbag, wall and people.

He got to the cover he so desperately needed, and like a ball and coconut stand at the carnival, he put one in the back of the heads of those whom he could. He proceeded to cross the the ridge and saw.....

OoC/ I've semi-deliberately stopped there, because I don't really know what's going to happen. in-game or with this character. Any comments / criticisms, let me know.

Joe

slaaneshes_own
18-05-2006, 23:49
OoC/
Erm..... am I to assume that this effort to restart the mecha RPG has fallen flat on its face as well?

Grrrrrrr........... evil monkeys.... in closets.

Yes, I am sleep-deprived!

biggreengribbly
19-05-2006, 00:25
It would seem so.

DAMN YOU WORLD! Why do the coolest RP's always die! And here I was trying to think of modifications to Tabitha since Gonne's 'Death' and it seems it was wasted time *sigh. Ah well. One day.

Bmaxwell
19-05-2006, 02:21
I'll wait till the weekend before its dead.

I'll aslo try to start it up after summer has started that way exams are over and everything.

biggreengribbly
19-05-2006, 03:13
Cool! Glad to see your not giving up on this toyally either! Because it's a really good idea, and as far as the original ran, I was loving it. So bring on the summer :D

slaaneshes_own
19-05-2006, 03:41
w00000000000000000000000000000t!!!! we need summer folks! I want some Mech-RPing action to relieve my generally redious boredom. Although, I can't be bored, because I'm sleep-deprived for being a silly donkey earlier on in the college year and didn't do any work.....

Oops.

Joe

Spangley Special
19-05-2006, 12:31
ok for me to keep the joy? pehaps with a few revisions and on the idea that he never went to paragone?.

Bmaxwell
20-05-2006, 04:30
yep that works for me I liked the Backstory that you and me discussed mabye you could show that a little bit more.

Grand Warlord
20-05-2006, 15:26
I wanna play ... what can i do to help

Bmaxwell
20-05-2006, 15:36
how about the psyhic we were talking about?

Spangley Special
22-05-2006, 09:05
yep that works for me I liked the Backstory that you and me discussed mabye you could show that a little bit more. i was planning to but the previous RP seemed to die quite abruptly

Bmaxwell
22-05-2006, 11:28
true so true

Spangley Special
22-05-2006, 11:56
which was a pitty as i was enjoying it too

Spangley Special
26-05-2006, 10:45
and it now apears that this one maybe following it

Grand Warlord
26-05-2006, 15:07
Well I know BMax has school stuff to finish up ...

biggreengribbly
26-05-2006, 15:18
Now I've pretty much finished uni, I'll slip Tabitha's story advancement in in a day or two!

Bmaxwell
26-05-2006, 16:17
Yea Finals start next week but luckily I only have 4 to take rather then the usal 6. So I'll see what I can do but it might be a little bit before I get this ball rolling. I want to make sure that I give this the proper treatment that it deserves

Spangley Special
26-05-2006, 16:29
ok cool so long as it doesn't die again

Bmaxwell
26-05-2006, 20:33
If everyone could do me a favor and repost there character WITH what has happened to them since they left the Paragone thanks in advance

biggreengribbly
27-05-2006, 01:08
Well, here she is. History tweaked a little and shifted into the past tense. (feel free once again to poke me into changes) And I thought the last time I typed her up it was long lol!

Tabitha Sharpe:
Female
Age 30

Once the chief mechanic aboard paragone, Tabitha is the daughter of two of paragone's technical crew, she was a born grease monkey. No other crew member aboard the paragone had logged more time elbow deep within the guts and gears of 'gone and her mechanical charges. She could dismantle and re-assemble spare gear components before she could walk. She almost grew up with some of the AI's aboard. This accompanied by her deep care for all the machines aboard lead to the majority of the AI's having a great respect for her. In fact, on several occasions, It was Tabitha's intervention that calmed some of the more rebellious AI's.

It was ironic therefore that her care for all paragone's Metal Gears, that nearly led to her death. While conducting hasty field repairs on a damaged gear within the cover of a warehouse, a hostile gear's evasive manouvers carried it straight through the building in which Tabitha and her charge had taken cover, causing it collapse, pinning her to its hull and crushing most of her body. When her signal on the command network faded, Some of the AI's overrode their orders and led by God’s Blood, piloted by SET even contradicted their pilots and even paragone's wishes and rushed to the area and began pushing the rubble aside, searching for her. Her fragile battered form barely clinging to life, she was brought back aboard the paragone, it was obvious that she would never be able to continue to lead a normal human life. Her body had been crippled. She was lucky the rubble hadn't crushed her skull. Paragone herself declared that Tabitha was too valuable a member of crew to lose. So a biomechanical body was constructed to house her crippled form! Directly connected into her spine and skull at several points, her newly created cyborg form is a miracle of technology. It has vastly increased her strength, at only a small loss of dexterity.

During Paragone’s last years, as fighting became more and more fierce, and supplied more and more scarce, Tabitha’s skills prodigious as a mechanic reached legendary status, and it was commonly believed that it was her tears, wishes and bloody minded stubbornness was all that was holding Paragone together. One of the few who refused to abandon Paragone to her fate, Tabitha and the small group of hardened grease monkeys who had refused to abandon their home and their chief stood shoulder to shoulder in the gear hangers, and held off attempts to board through the great blast doors of the hangers for several hours with every improvised weapon they could find. The last to fall, Tabitha was knocked unconscious and trapped by a falling gear, she having, for the first time applied her intimate practical knowledge of Metal Gears to break down rather than to repair their function.

Despite the valiant efforts of ‘gone and her crew, they were inevitably defeated, and that should have been the end of it. However Tabitha awoke several days later under the cover of a building, ruined by the conflict that had raged above, several miles away from the smouldering Wreck of the Paragone, her body crusted in dried blood and machine oil. There was a bitter taste in her mouth, she licked her dry lips. Even they were caked in blood. She puzzled over this for a while. The last thing she remembered was blacking out, trapped under the weight of the gear whose leg she had just ruined.

Eventually she reached the conclusion it must have been SET. He must have seized control of the bionic aspects of her body and fought his way clear. That was the second time he had saved her life. “I owe you one again big brother” she muttered absent mindedly to no-one in particular. She started at what he had just said. She had always preferred the company of AI’s over other Humans, but could it be true that she considered him actual family. It was a fair enough conclusion she supposed. She had grown up within the shadow of Gods Blood, for an AI designed to kill and destroy; he certainly seemed to in some way have some fondness for her. He was the only part of her past life that remained. And now he had disappeared.

Tabitha has spent the years since Paragones demise wandering the planet hiring her skills to any Mercenary organisation not affiliated with the increasingly xenophobic AI’s that were in command of the planet. On the day Paragone died, so did her chief mechanic. What left that hanger was not the same person that had spent her days patching up Metal Gears and conversing with their AI’s. She still retains a deep respect for both life and machinery, however something deep within her soul shifted that day. Maybe it was the loss of all she had ever lived for, maybe it was the tremendous force of SET’s violent personality passing through her and using her as a tool of destruction. But now there lives within her a deep powerful rage. Since the day her world died, she has tried to etch out something of a life, however should that life and the things she cares for come under threat, her personality performs a complete flip. The quiet warrior, who reluctantly kills with a tear in her eye, turns into an unrelenting engine of destruction, an unstoppable force of nature sheathed in metal and flesh.

Though this aspect of her character has been dipped into on a few rare occasions over the recent years, the full depths of her rage have yet to be even hinted at.

Here’s the original sketch from the last RP. I shall attempt to cook up a new one to show the changes sice then (and hopefully show an improvement in my drawing skills if I'm lucky :rolleyes: ):
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30816616/

Konrad_Curze II
01-06-2006, 17:38
are any of the paranormal characters left to be taken up?

Laudren
01-06-2006, 19:10
any room left?

Bmaxwell
01-06-2006, 21:19
yeah there's one more paranormal slot.

and I'll take as many people as are willing to participate. Im thinking we'll get started around Next week maybe monday or tuesday.

What did you have in mind Konrad and Laudren?

Cpt. Drill
01-06-2006, 21:34
Any more spaces?

Bmaxwell
01-06-2006, 23:11
All ways room for more. :D

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 00:20
i was thinking of a paranormal character that was able to manipulate shadows (like that race in 40k, the umbra is it?) obviously i would go into more detail about the character but that is the basic jist of it.

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 02:27
That would work well since this is gonna be a very person based one as opposed to how the other was all Mecha and Metal Gear Based.

If you want also You could write a little thing on your previous character if you felt inclined to that is.

Tabitha looks really good I liked how you worked in the past. :)

Laudren
02-06-2006, 08:12
I was thinking along the lines of soldier/weapons designer type

biggreengribbly
02-06-2006, 09:37
Tabitha looks really good I liked how you worked in the past. :)

Ithankyou :D she took a while to work out, but I'm happy with her

*note to self, do new sketch.

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 11:05
That's Fine Laurden

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 11:36
ill come up with the background with my new character and post it either today or tomorrow, i might redo a bit of the old character ill think about it.

Spangley Special
02-06-2006, 11:46
ok i'm at college and all the joy's background and stuff is at home i'll post it up tomorrow.... in the mean time.. I call the exo-skeleton type character

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 12:10
Well Joy is the ultimate exo-skelton character next to Soulidus snake of course.

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 12:13
yeah joy was cool in the last one....shame about that one... i had a cool metal gear....

biggreengribbly
02-06-2006, 12:17
Hmm.... I don't know, I'd say the Ninja's (Grey fox and Olga) exo-skeletons were spiffier then Slidus's Doc-Oc ripoff. And Raidens suit from the MGS 4 trailers looks pretty damn awesome too!

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 12:26
very true but i wasnt a fan of olgas suit as it was just a rip off of gray fox's which was awesome, and yes raiden looks cool so far for mgs4 (theres still hope for him yet to be cool)

Cpt. Drill
02-06-2006, 12:56
Can I be a very streampunk engineer... the kind that lives ina hammock in the main engine room..? And carry a large spanner....

Also would I be able to have lots of small robots to do work for me and possibly fight?

And what would the limitation on weapons be? EG:firearms?

biggreengribbly
02-06-2006, 13:00
Erm..... we already have one grease monkey. Not that I'm asking for a monopoly on it or anything but do we really need another?

Cpt. Drill
02-06-2006, 13:22
Erm.. what kind of professions can are avalible?

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 17:55
well You have to remember that the group will not have any sort of permeant base. You are all former members of Paragone's crew that have survived a few could have joined the group as long as the fluff is okay.

Grand Warlord isn't gonna be a paranormal so there's 2 slots is still open. Spangly got the exo skeleton. and The rest is soldiers or as you other wise feel inclined. If you want to be a mechanic thats fine there just not gonna be that many mechas to take care of..

Well at first anyway :D

Weapons are pretty much modern but if you wanted to you could think of some interesting Prototype weapons I'd be willing to give them a shoot.

Cpt. Drill
02-06-2006, 19:49
So when you say paranormal how paranormal do you mean?

Are they human.. and what is the limit on what they can do?

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 19:54
Pretty paranormal. Im completely open to any ideas. As long as how you back it up is really the only thing that matters to me.

they can do what every just no god characters.

Cpt. Drill
02-06-2006, 20:33
Can I be alien?

My thoughts are...

I pretty much enirely constructed body driven by a small psycic alien.... with something silly like lightning powers or electricity powers....

For the look of an alien imagine a slig for oddworld.. driving something that looks a bit like a penitent engine thats about 7 feet tall!

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 21:21
thats a interesting idea but it just doesn't fit for what I had in mind for this RPG.

But rather then a Alien how about a limited AI construct? Just replace the alien with the AI and it should be fine. but make it shorter cause you have to remember for the most part people don't like AI's. around 5 foot would be good. that way it could hide like a child under robes and what not.

But do what ever you feel works.

Cpt. Drill
02-06-2006, 21:31
How about a crazy old man.. with penetant engine body...

Only his head is real... but he is a powerful enough psykic to not need a body... he also has electricity powers...!

He would wear a robe and be about 6'

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 21:36
works for me. Let me see the character bio for the final OK.

Cpt. Drill
02-06-2006, 21:51
NameBalthazar Olzroy Reechar The 3rd
AgeThe eldest person in the village says that Balthazar was old when they were a child.
Hight6'1"

History
Blathazar was a member a an elite psycic cult which in its pinnical could have overthrown humanity sadly never coming out of the shadows only a few key individuals would have known about it. With plans for world domination and one of the keenest minds the universe had ever seen Balthazar had worked his was up to the to to become the Grand Electologist but his unimaginable power proved to be his downfall... His position was riveled... and it was in the fallowing battles that his mind was ravaged and almost dostryed sadly his body did not fare so well...In the fallowing years the alone and confused Balthazar setteled down with no recolection of his past.

Soon realising that himself existing as a floating head that could shoot lightning from his eyes he would never find peace... so he constructed himself a crude mechanical body so he could somewhat blend in.

He now lives in an old junk shop where he sells old electronics to travellers... he has quite a reputation as a magician and local mothers warn their children to stay away from the old junk man, although this doesnt stop them throwing things at his shop and taunting him in the street.

But the childrens mothers did well to warn their offspring of the creepy old magician... as once or twice now after these many many years a perticular rowdy child will be found bald with no memory of who or where he is.... and electrical burns all over his head.

More and more recently Balthazar had been having deep mental trances where he saw tiny particles of his past. Now he joins the paragon crew as his trances have pushed him in that direction.

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 22:38
right ill have a go at writing up this character then....

Name: Mallus

The Valamore family was a well established, upper class family in Rome. They had always succeeded in life and had also been a very sociable family often holding extravigant parties and events for all the surrounding public to attend, and were generally like by all...

One day the announcement was made that the family was expecting another child and the people were excited and perparing parties for the big day when something went wrong. The mother of the unborn child was becoming unwell, having fits and spasms at random intervals that seemed to become more common as the due date came closer, she would often have fits of agony and torment and some people were contemplating whether or not to end her life to stop her suffering. Sadly she died in childbirth as the baby emerged it was obvious that there was something not right with it. the baby's skin was pale white whilst its hair was jet black, but the most concerning feature of the new child was that its eyes were jet black. The child didnt cry as it arrived it simply lay there, staring into nothingness, reluctantly the family accepted the child and took it home to raise it as their own.

During Leonnes early years he was shunned from society, firstly as peoples grief for the loss of his mother was directed at him, and secondly because he was persecuted due to his appearance. Instead of growing normal teeth he grew shark like teeth that were small and sharp which further distanced him from the rest of society.

When he was in his teens he started to develop a power that would eventually lead to tragedy. he began to be encircled by a shroud of darkness wherever he went, he seemed to absorb light and generate shadows around him. This was the final straw for his father which resulted in Leonne being banished and cast out of the family, So at midday on his 18th birthday his father told him that he wasnt his son anymore and that he should leave and never return. This enraged leonne to such an extent that he shouted out in a fit of rage, the entire house went black. Windows, beforehand were letting the warming glow of the italian summer sun, were now blacked out and cold. The room was reaching freezing temperatures as leonnes father looked up, seeing his son hovering off the ground, looking back down at him, only managing to make out where he was by the pale skin of his face, leonne then finally shouted down to his father for what would be the last time "You have done nothing but persecute me since the day i was born! I have done nothing wrong to you and you have looked upon me as scum! No! You are mistaken father! I was never your son! You never let me be YOUR son! And since your not my father I have no problems ending your miserable life!" and with that leonnes father felt the darkness creep up around him, almost holding him to where he stood, a look of horror fell upon his face as he saw his son descend upon him, inches away from his face he felt a sudden sense of pain as leonnes hand pierced his chest "bleed for me father!" leonne turned, and walked away, as the room returned to normal as his father fell to the floor. leonne stopped, looked down at his hand, smirked to himself and continued to walk away, as he dropped hi fathers bleeding heart on the floor.

Now Leonnes father was the head of a series of sceintific labs that researched many things but was primarily a weapons lab, leonne saw it that he would need to destroy the main headquaters of the facility if he was to rid the land of the memory of his father, so he stormed the facility. (right im not gonna go into this part at this particular time as it isnt particularly necessary for all the details if you want me to go into it i will but right now im gonna skip as this is dragging on into an essay.)
needless to say he succeeded in destroying the complex and resulted in him falling into a coma, for several years.

During his unconcious state he was recovered by a team of scientists which conducted experiments on him based off orders from the patriots. They concluded that a potent psychic power that was primarily induced by the mistreatment of his early youth was activated to which gave him the unique ability to generate and maniuplate shadows, into physical objects which have proven to be stronger than most known materials. this worried the patriots to an extent that they ordered leonne to be executed. On the day of his execution there was an alert throughout the complex, Leonne had woken up...

Numerous guards were in the corridors awaiting his inevitable arrival, sure enough the lights flickered momenterily before going out completely as the guards were brushed aside as he approached the main hanger to leave the base, as he got to the exit "Leonne Valamore! You cannot leave this area!" he stopped, cringed at the mention of his name, as he turned to face the guards coming out after him. "Remember this! My name is no longer Leonne Valamore! That name doesnt deserve to be associated with me! My name is Malus and you will fear me!" and with that he burst through the exit and was gone before anyone could get hold of him.

He now goes alongside the former members of the paragone crew, not for the sense of a family he never had or for someone he can finally belong with. he merely seeks revenge on those who tried to control him, distrustful of many, his story the saddest of all, he was born alone, he will surely die alone...

hope that was alright tell me if there was any issues you had wrong with it.

biggreengribbly
02-06-2006, 23:06
Wow.... scary guy.

Me likey.
(btw Cpt.Drill, maybe you should slip in a little bit about how your character ended up with the rest of the party. Unless you've arranged something by PM or something)

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 23:16
yeah i wasnt going for the guy that everybody liked and was going for the more tragic yet dark and sinister character, evil people get more fun anyway :skull: :evilgrin:

biggreengribbly
02-06-2006, 23:28
Haha, looks like when the **** starts flying Malus and Tabitha are going to be having anger management contests lol.

This is going to be one messy RP :D we are gonna make a whoooole lotta mess :evilgrin:

Konrad_Curze II
02-06-2006, 23:37
i would draw a sketch of him if i was anything but rubbish at drawing if anyone would like to draw a pic of him that would be awesome

Cpt. Drill
03-06-2006, 00:20
Yeah I mgiht also try and knock out a sketch!

Bmaxwell
03-06-2006, 02:33
All I need form you cpt drill is a little bit on how and why Reechar is with the crew form the paragone.

Other then that everything looks good.

I really like the effort you guys put into each of the characters So I want to thank you all for that.

Depending on how much brains I have left over form the SAT's I might start as early as tomorrow.

Im getting really excited about this one.

Grand Warlord
03-06-2006, 02:54
Im gonna make a generic soldier with slight technology twist if thats ok ... will post later tonight or tmw morning

biggreengribbly
03-06-2006, 21:29
So, any News/Desicions when we're gonna get started?

Bmaxwell
03-06-2006, 23:31
Im thinking of a few ideas going on in my head on how to start this should be up by tonight LATE tonight that is more then likely.

biggreengribbly
03-06-2006, 23:34
Lol, I'll check up when I wake up in the morning then, because it's already pretty damn late where I am!

Bmaxwell
04-06-2006, 00:05
lol over here its only 7:15 in the afternoon. Finally gonna see x-men woot woot!

Konrad_Curze II
04-06-2006, 00:07
i assume that means your in america because its currently past midnight here so it'll be morning when i get a chance to see what you have come up with as well.

biggreengribbly
04-06-2006, 00:14
X-men FTW.
Already seen it twice. But now I'll have to wait till Dvd to see it again as all me Uni mates have gone home for summer and Cinema just ain't the same alone :(

Just had to go see it that second time after I found out the actress playing Kitty was over 18 :D

Bmaxwell
04-06-2006, 00:20
Yep east coast over here. across the big old little pond.

Yep just check it out next time you get a chance.

Im excited Im hoping it will be really good

biggreengribbly
04-06-2006, 00:29
Well, as long as you aren't a Comic book purist, a big Cyclops fan, or have some freakish Xavier fetish you shouldn't be too dissappointed (I've heard the opinions of all these stereotypes (apart from the xavier one obviously). Lucky me :rolleyes:)

...Oh no... wait. Are you talking about the RP again? I'm getting caught up in this tide of OT. Whoops

Bmaxwell
04-06-2006, 15:39
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38022

there ya guys go the First post is up have fun :)

Laudren
04-06-2006, 23:26
Ok heres my C I dont know much of your guys's backstory but here it goes.

Name: Justin "stormweaver" McKenna

Both of Justin's parents were members of a human resistance group that had heavy millitary background. His mother was the head of weapons development and his father was in a special forces unit. both tought him every thing they could befor there base was discovered and destroied. After his parents deaths he has developed new types of ap rounds he calls hyper velocity impact rounds and a special rifle that fires these rounds. He is now working on weapons that can compliment the supernatural powers of the paranormal members of the group. His skills as both a soldier and weapons designer are what brought him on with Paragone

biggreengribbly
04-06-2006, 23:34
Oh, btw Spangley. Are we getting anything on what Joy has been up to or are we just forgetting he was ever there and meeting him for the first time (again)

Spangley Special
06-06-2006, 09:55
Code Name; The Joy
height; 7'5"
weight; 450lbs
Physical Description; incarserated within an anotomically correct exo-skeleton (ie muscular in apperance) the joy is an imposing character. his exoskeleton consists of many layers the outer most being made of dark kevlar.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/nutty_mtber/TheJoy.jpg

Personality; quick to anger and serious to a fault but with an almost child like inquisitive nature.
Equipment; large calibre pistol, large knife, carbine, limpet mines and plastic explosives.
Skills;due to his exoskeleton he has impoved attributes (speed, strenth resilience ect) he is also trained with firearms, explosives and CQC
Background; you'll have to ask IC

and this is the characters first encounter with the joy as if he was never on paragone.

Bmaxwell you should still have his back ground in your inbox if not i can PM you it again

Laudren
07-06-2006, 00:31
does my C check out?

Bmaxwell
07-06-2006, 00:53
Yeah your characters fine Join in on the fun :)

Yeah I remember the background for joy can't wait to see the joy in action.

Also How do you guys enjoy the RPG so far am I running it to fast to slow or just right? Is there anything you want in the RPG you guys would want to do or see just send me a PM or reply back here.

Spangley Special
09-06-2006, 12:38
ok the joy's not getting involved yet... due to his background he has no reason to......yet

Grand Warlord
10-06-2006, 14:03
Luthur, Order of the Watch.

Actually I am going to PM you my Idea and edit this post accordingly.

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 14:09
Wow , this one's a bit of a poser. Well atm, Tabitha's still running off her anger on the AI's 'kill if it it doesn't co-operate or gets in the way' however is still at a stage where she would stand down for the sake of the people. Though if we do stand down and we ever meet 'Eros' on fairer terms she would probably go beserk and kill him on principle. So I guess I'll just sit this one out for a little bit, let the characters with more extreme natures go ahead and react.

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 17:35
it is indeed a very difficult desicion to make, especially in my characters position. i think the approach my character would have would be slightly more direct than other peoples possibly wanting to be more moral about the situation, ill see what happens, if nobody posts then i may have to go ahead with the idea.

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 18:21
Oh dear, I was counting on Mallus to be the Decisive one. Him seeming to be the hate filled angry man. That just leaves the old dude who's just been beaten up. The Joy has yet to favour either side within the conflict and the other guy has only just entered town. This could be a tough one to work around!

If we stay and fight, he'll start executing prisoners, if we leave then they'll be ruthlessely used to slow down the firestorm gang against whom they are unlikely to survive and would probably get executed at the end of the battle anyway. Cold logic dictates they are probably all gonna die anyhow so what the hell. However we're RPing humans here, not Vulcans, so it's a tougher descision.

Just to add to the dillemma, I doubt Eros is an AI of his word and will have no problem in shooting every one of is in the back before we've moved a dozen paces!

P.S: Either way I intend the outcome of this situation is gonna push Tabitha even harder and there will be some more aggression based fireworks coming out in the next 'battle'

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 18:26
well if you were thinking of me being the decisive one, i could knock something up but im sure some people arent gonna like it... though it may be a little more "entertaining"
one thing i dont think tabitha will like my idea at all

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 19:08
Tabitha won't be happy whatever happens. That's the point. She's just one big walking ball of pent up aggression. She's walking towards a line between uncontrolled rage and focussed hatred. The point is her anger will be focussed against them more than you. If they start shooting hostages, it's going to push her to the point that she ain't gonna leave much for Firestorms to worry about. There's a lot of power in her core, she just needs the anger to use it!

So unless Cpt Drill has any better ideas go for it. Because we 3 seem to be the main players in this sticky situation

Laudren
10-06-2006, 19:11
My C is not much good if he gets hit with heavy weapons as he is only human with some body armor. granted his weapons can make short work of the weeker AIs but the larger one will be a problem.

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 19:41
Erm, nice post Curze mate, but unless I read it wrong you just killed Cpt drill's character. He was the 'paranormal' in front of Eros!

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 19:42
was it? damn!!!
ill do a rewrite
Edit - changed now so he isnt dead...my bad.

Bmaxwell
10-06-2006, 20:16
Acutely You all seem to be Underestimating Eros. Remember earlier when he said that him and Set were "true coded" and that something makes them better then other AI's.

You also have to think why do the AI's want the Humans anyway? Why not just kill them? It seems that the Fire Storm gang let the humans lived how they wanted. There's more then meets the eye here.

I'll tell you this much. Ero's can use the humans for more then just cannon fodder.

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 20:26
i didnt really think about that to be honest, so by extention my character didnt either, so he doesnt care now, but i do see your point that it does seem a bit off

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 20:38
Yeah. We aren't being subtle about this, but to be honest, Malus ain't no programmer, Tabitha while having an affinity for AI's had little clue regarding the programming of them. And to be honest, she ain't really in the mood for thinking things through from a mechanics perspective atm. Maybe Capt Drill (sorry can't remember char name) might have some clues but'True coded' still seems a fairly vague concept right now, but with a little imagination I can see a few outcomes that won't be pretty for us but will make for some interesting RPing.

Anyways, stories are no fun if the 'Hero's' take the time to think things through and analyse their opponents capability. Hero's learn by being stupid. By someone hurling themselves at the enemy so the others can learn how to fight it :D.

Cpt. Drill
10-06-2006, 21:20
ooops....

I didnt really notice what was going on around this thread!

So whats your plans?

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 21:25
Weeell, Malus has put his foot down and two fingers up as it were, but Bm the Gm has told us to think a little harder about this situation. So go back, read Bm's last IC post and tell us what your character (can never remember his name) would have done if we hadn't posted all this. Imagine your the first to see the post. Then come over here and put down your thoughts. We'll go from there!

Cpt. Drill
10-06-2006, 21:45
Well I was under the impression that My character... (balthazar) was the one to have been picked up.. seeing as I was the one running through walls...

So if I was lying on the floor... then more than likely my character would come out with some line.... like "The bigger they are the harder I kill"

Then I doubt that balthazar would really care for anyone else in the area... maybe some of the more powerful PC's but none of the civilians.....

But he wouldnt make a move.... just yet....

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 21:55
i get the idea i messed up with my last IC post...

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 22:03
Well I was under the impression that My character... (balthazar) was the one to have been picked up.. seeing as I was the one running through walls...

So if I was lying on the floor... then more than likely my character would come out with some line.... like "The bigger they are the harder I kill"

Then I doubt that balthazar would really care for anyone else in the area... maybe some of the more powerful PC's but none of the civilians.....

But he wouldnt make a move.... just yet....

I was under the distinct impression balthazar was the one being picked on. Then as a show of contempt for Eros' threat was tossed aside by Malus. (Conveniently now placing him outside of stomping range!

So, we seem to be of the 'screw it, no-one threatens us' opinion. Groovy. Bm, go ahead and make your moves guys. Because it'll take little more pushing to get Tabitha going again!

Oh no.... I'm the one who thinks of the normal people before acting. Awwww :rolleyes:

Bmaxwell
10-06-2006, 23:08
you got it.:evilgrin:

Mindless slaughter coming right up.

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 23:13
Sweet. I await the bloodshed with bated breath. Tabitha may be going mega angry sooner than I'd thought. All we need now is a threat to SET's existance and I'd be run out of ideas of ways for anger manifestation lol.

Konrad_Curze II
10-06-2006, 23:23
im sorry i didnt know it was balthazar until biggreen told me it was him, i didnt realise it was him until i killed him! eh well nothing like the edit button to change the course of history eh?

Konrad_Curze II
11-06-2006, 00:15
am i being stupid or is it just me in not knowing who's side firestorm are on?

biggreengribbly
11-06-2006, 00:22
Firestorm are their own side.
This is firestorms town. We just happened to be there for reasons unknown. They were not. Eros and co came to this town (presumedly to sieze it). We started a street fight with Eros and co. Firestorm have now returned to reclaim their turf.

Presumedly,
civilians are being shot, by Eros and co
Eros and co are being shot by firestorm
We are being shot by Eros and co
If they see us, We will be shot by firestorm

(Correct me if I'm wrong Bm!)

Bmaxwell
11-06-2006, 00:33
well Eros isn'tt being shot at by firestorm cause he's busy shooting at you:p

And more likely then not you will be shot at by firestorm.

but other then that no you got it right biggreen

biggreengribbly
11-06-2006, 00:36
Ahem, excuse me

If they see us, We will be shot by firestorm

:p And that's just being plain picky, and why I put the 'and co' disclaimer :p

Bmaxwell
11-06-2006, 00:41
I know I know I gotta get my cheap chessey shoots in somewhere now don;t I :)

Cpt. Drill
11-06-2006, 01:11
WAIT...

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!

I am really confused!

Bmaxwell
11-06-2006, 13:11
It's been a bit confuseing.

So Ero's decied to take care of the humans that were fighting back in the town (thats you guys) and he grabbed balthazar and threw him in front of the group and gave them a offer of leaveing the town and letting the humans eros had Captured live or fight and have then all be killed. The group decied to fight so ero's killed all of the people and the Firestorm gang is now attacking along with Eros and other AI's attacking you guys

Cpt. Drill
11-06-2006, 14:01
oh.... right!?

Im still confused!

biggreengribbly
11-06-2006, 19:57
How simple do you want it? There are two groups of AI's, both want you dead. Go blow something up!

Cpt. Drill
11-06-2006, 23:01
sorry... I get it now... things just jumped around a little....

Konrad_Curze II
16-06-2006, 18:29
why do i get the urge to go all star wars emperor style on tabitha
"yes, give in to the anger, it gives you focus, makes you strong!"

biggreengribbly
16-06-2006, 18:32
You don't need to dude. She's doing it all by herself :evilgrin: but be sure to save that line for later when she's calmed down a bit. I'm sure this won't be the last fight after all!

And besides, didn't I warn you she'd have anger management issues?

Bmaxwell
26-06-2006, 18:49
Hey every one sorry with the craziness of me not posting. just need to clear a few things up.

Cpt. Drill Eros is out of reach for you he's far out of town so don;t worry about him.

also I will be leaving this saturday for a two week Backpacking trip so I wouldn't be able to post again until the 15th or so. If some one is willing to gm for me until i get back it would be mucho appreciated. If so just PM me for details

biggreengribbly
26-06-2006, 19:12
Well, I'll keep these dudes in line for you if you want B. Tell me where you want us to go and I'll see what I can do!

Enjoy your trip Btw
(not my idea of fun but who am I to look down on the physically active :D)

slaaneshes_own
26-06-2006, 19:47
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! If Gribbs takes over GMing I'll be Ichigo-paste! BTW, apologies for not posting for a while, I've had personal whatchamajiggers. I will post as and when I can/am inspired to do anything..............

Joe

Bmaxwell
26-06-2006, 19:59
well as of right now you guys are getting out of the town. and you all will finally getting some time to talk together.

a few things you might want to deal with/talk about.

1. Set and the past with the Paragone.

2. Eros and that whole thing with what and why him and Set are different form the other AI's.

3. And what ever you might else want or need to talk about.

biggreengribbly
26-06-2006, 23:51
Ichigo... paste? More like Ichigo PATE. Get some style man!

Right, so sit around, talk, get to know each other, bond that sort of thing! The sorta thing most RP's get done BEFORE **** starts blowing up :D