PDA

View Full Version : Slaves and warmachines

GreenSpeed
03-12-2012, 00:46
So you can shoot into close combat when units are engaged with slaves and the hits are randomized. So what happens when a cannon shoots a unit engaged with slaves and only the enemy unit is hit by the cannon ball? Are the hits randomized or are only the units hit by the cannon affected? The same question applies to template weapons that only hit enemy units?

Tygre
03-12-2012, 01:50
Templates, including cannon bounces, only hit those under the template. So if no friendly models were covered then no friendly models will be killed.
Well that is what would happen if you accidentally hit a combat with a template weapon. I don't have the Skaven Rules so I do not know how exactly the shooting into combat works. I suspect that template weapons are not randomized as the scatter takes care of that aspect.

dementian
03-12-2012, 01:59
So you can shoot into close combat when units are engaged with slaves and the hits are randomized. So what happens when a cannon shoots a unit engaged with slaves and only the enemy unit is hit by the cannon ball? Are the hits randomized or are only the units hit by the cannon affected? The same question applies to template weapons that only hit enemy units?

Skaven Errata/FAQ:

"Page 36 – Expendable
Delete the last two sentences."

This removes the randomization when shooting into Skavenslave combats. So whatever is hit by the template gets hit.

Furthermore you can find all the Errata/FAQ here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=2&aId=3000006&multiPageMode=true&start=3

Blkc57
04-12-2012, 02:30
Dementian is correct, you no longer randomize when shooting into slaves, only fellows who still randomize are the Globadiers.

Warlord Gnashgrod
04-12-2012, 19:14
And also note that only Skaven can shoot into these combats. Not other armies. Also the Skaven need to be able to see the engaged enemy unit to shoot into the combat as well.