PDA

View Full Version : Old stuff I found yesterday

williamsond
04-12-2012, 11:09
Inspired by some of the threads here on Warseer i had a look through my loft yesterday to see what old things i have up there that I had forgotten about , The results were very interesting. I found a copy of blockwars, rogue trooper the boardgame, a unused set of inks from th eexpert paintset and afew old plastic terminators from the first edition of space hulk. Any one else found a bunch of old gems that they had forgotten about? If so what were they.

x-esiv-4c
04-12-2012, 11:15
A genestealer cult army tucked away in an Advanced Space Crusade box.

Scaryscarymushroom
04-12-2012, 14:28
Perhaps this isn't the sort of response you would expect, but I found my tyranid army.

Since the release of the 5th ed. 'nid codex, I have been falling in and out of love with my bugs. I haven't been able to make up my mind. After many months in storage, I finally decided to list them on ebay or the trading forum, selling for less than 10 cents a model if that's what it took to get them out of the house.

When I arranged them on the desk for a full army photo, I decided that I actually like them OK and I might as well keep them a little longer.

... Then I put them back in storage. :shifty:

-Prime-
04-12-2012, 14:43
A genestealer cult army tucked away in an Advanced Space Crusade box.

That reminds me, I have a Genestealer cult army around here some where. Now where did I put it is the question.

williamsond
04-12-2012, 17:21
Found this too

Cambrius
04-12-2012, 17:43
I found Space Hulk (1st ed) with Death Wing and Genestealer together with a box of the old metal Terminators up in my Mum's loft. Also Advanced Space Crusade and Blood Bowl which I had forgotten I ever owned.

That was a good day...

kalon
04-12-2012, 18:44
I have the Rogue Trooper game, 1st ed Space Hulk with Deathwing and Genestealer, The GW Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Chainsaw Warrio. a copy of Talismasn 2nd ed I think plus expansions, Heroquest with extras, I even found the very first mini I painted way back in '86. The oddest old GW game I have is called Kings & Things, and does anyone remember Blood Royale?

williamsond
04-12-2012, 19:49
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5690/oi-dats-my-leg

I remember this game fondly

shelfunit.
05-12-2012, 06:59
Found this too

Got that along with the creature and colour sets, sadly never did get the expert set.

Foolish Mortal
05-12-2012, 08:41
Last year while having a bit of a tidy out, I found a carrier bag at the back of my wardrobe stuffed with epic ork stuff, including enough parts, I think, to make 2 mega gargants. Great find, as I love epic.

Griefbringer
05-12-2012, 10:15
I discovered an old plastic chaos sorceror that I had stashed around. Thinking of converting him into an Empire amethyst wizard by replacing the chaos symbol on his staff with a scythe blade.

nedsta
05-12-2012, 16:35
Had a dig in one of my bits boxes yesterday and found some RT imperial army, inquisitor in termie armour, RT orks, a space wolf army I forgot I even bought and a razorback amongst other things. Really should sort the boxes out soon.

Inquisitor Kallus
05-12-2012, 16:53
Got that along with the creature and colour sets, sadly never did get the expert set.

It was literally a set of inks....

outbreak
05-12-2012, 20:25
Not really long lost but while cleaning mine the other day I found while buying models for a dogs of war army i'd bought a box of ogre bulls which was exactly what I was needing to buy for some conversions I have planned.

shelfunit.
07-12-2012, 11:21
It was literally a set of inks....

Oh, I know - I just hadn't got to the stage where I used inks then, they would have been wasted on me at that point in my painting life.

tu33y
10-12-2012, 08:24
i was CONVINCED i had a 3/4 built aliens drop ship from 1996 in my loft... we cleared it out recently to insulate the cavity and no, nothing. SO wheres that then?????

Inquisitor Kallus
10-12-2012, 08:30
It took off to LV-426....

olberon
10-12-2012, 12:18
1st edition of gaunts ghosts signed and in pristine condition. also found an old rogue traderbox sealed (which i wont open for another 5 years) posted a note on it not to open before a certain date :P