PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Balls and Krox/Skink mixes

Blkc57
08-12-2012, 08:47
Ok so what happens when a cannon ball bounces through a mixed unit of Krox and skinks? I say this because I know the Krox skink unit has the rule where you randomize who takes shooting on a d6. But I also know that a Krox as a monstrous infantry can stop the cannon ball shot if it fails to kill it. So my question is if the cannon ball bounces through 6 models...3 of which are Krox do I either A: randomise the hits like directed then choose to resolve the hits how I please so I hit 4 skinks and two krox I roll for the skinks first then the Krox or option B: do I just hit whatever I hit and roll to wound as normal with the first Krox I come across stopping the ball?

Scalebug
08-12-2012, 10:17
They answered how to resolve bolt thrower hits in the FAQ, but not templates like cannon or stone throwers...

While it would be for the best to treat template hits as hitting what is there in front of you on the table, by the letter of the rules, you still roll a dice and see what takes the hit. Draw the line as usual for the cannon, count models hit, then roll that number of dice to see what is exactly hit. You will have to resolve each hit by itself, as not killing a hit Krox will stop the cannonball.

(Yes, this means that a stone thrower hitting 1 Krox and 8 skinks could roll 9 attacks against the krox... and that it is better to aim a cannon in such a way as to avoid going over a Krox, as you could still hit it, but passing two skinks instead of one krox means more hits...)

theunwantedbeing
08-12-2012, 12:03
You hit what the template hits.

Hell Storm
08-12-2012, 12:52
Unwanted is correct. You only randomize missile and impact hits, not templates.