PDA

View Full Version : Singel player drop pods

Hawkwood
08-12-2012, 20:11
Does anyone know where to buy a drop pod that is the size that a single model could fit in? I am continuing on writing scenarios for my buddies and then i thought that i would be a cool mission starter, everyone arriving in single drop pods.If anyone know a store in stockholm sweden it would be perfect but online would also be great.

Kevlar
08-12-2012, 22:13
They are called jump packs.

zoggin-eck
08-12-2012, 22:28
I'd make them myself, to be honest. A few sheets of plasticard, foamcard and a decent look through your bitz box wouldn't be too hard. You might have trouble finding such a thing off the shelf in a store, I know I haven't.

There are the ones from the Halo games, but they seem to have only made larger models to suit action figures and "mega blocks".

No need to be smart, it's pretty clear what he's asking for.

brionl
08-12-2012, 22:34
No need to be smart, it's pretty clear what he's asking for.

Right, he's asking for Jump Packs. P 47 of the rulebook: "Jump units have the bulky and Deep Strike special rules."

Flogger
08-12-2012, 22:44
Does anyone know where to buy a drop pod that is the size that a single model could fit in? I am continuing on writing scenarios for my buddies and then i thought that i would be a cool mission starter, everyone arriving in single drop pods.If anyone know a store in stockholm sweden it would be perfect but online would also be great.

Try to get hold of some dragonball Z models, saiyan spaceships, would be awesome :)

zoggin-eck
08-12-2012, 22:54
Ha, the Dragonball idea isn't that bad at all. I'd even try using "Kinder Surprise" style plastic capsules as a base for drop pods. I once bought some of those toy "Bakuga(o?)n" (counterfeit, at that) as drop pods for 6mm Space Marines, painted appropriately.

Right, he's asking for Jump Packs. P 47 of the rulebook: "Jump units have the bulky and Deep Strike special rules."

No, it sounds like he's asking if we "know where to buy a drop pod that is the size that a single model could fit in?"

Where did he ask for the rules to jump packs? It's a scenario, and he's asking for models that look like small drop pods.

insectum7
08-12-2012, 23:32
Sounds like a job for a couple film canisters, if you could find some these days. A few plasticard fins and spare parts for detail and you got some drop pods.

Lord Damocles
09-12-2012, 10:21
No.

Single-occupant Drop Pods exist. They're used by the Officio Assassinorium (eg. Codex: Assassins (3rd ed.), pg.4; Codex: Assassins (2nd ed.), pg.16) , and feature in the first Dawn of War game (Space Marine Stronghold and Relic).

Hawkwood
09-12-2012, 15:53
Thanks for the answers, i will try to look for a dragonball pod(i hve read the manga, is pretty good). I have film canisters so thath is another metod. I have also read about the assasins drop pods but it does not seam that there is any model for it.

Clang
10-12-2012, 05:34
Plastic eggs would also be around the right size - but be warned, some plastics are a pain to glue anything to.