PDA

View Full Version : Getting Into 40K UK Tournament Advice

Reasonable Commissar
10-12-2012, 14:00
Ive been playing 40k off and on since 2nd ed and me and a mate are thinking about trying out some tournaments in the UK. Neither of us have any idea about how to best go about starting with this and after some googling for 40k uk tournaments it seems hard to find them without knowing where to look as most the result just go to old forum threads in a variety of places.

Any advice for starting out in tournaments and how to find them? Are there any sites which people list their tournaments at and the rule packs etc?

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-12-2012, 15:42
The Warhammer Forum would probably be the place to look, it should have lots of information about upcoming events and the like.

the1stpip
10-12-2012, 22:28
Look for the places where these evenst are held. You could start with warhammer World and Eye of the Storm.

Bartali
11-12-2012, 11:40
The Warhammer Forum would probably be the place to look, it should have lots of information about upcoming events and the like.

Yup. http://www.warhammer.org.uk is probably the best place to go. There's a dedicated events calender thread

duffybear1988
11-12-2012, 11:48
Cardiff Carnage and the tournaments run by the Bristol Vanguard are usually good fun.

Mandragola
11-12-2012, 15:02
Seconded on the Bristol Vanguard tournies. Check out www.bristolvanguard.co.uk.

In London, the Mayhem and Octoberfest tournaments are also well run.

Warhamer forums are, as suggested, the best place to look for events.

Personally I think tournaments are great, and they will really improve your game. Have fun.

Reasonable Commissar
13-12-2012, 12:17
Cheers Ill look through that forum havent been on it before and see if I can find some good local events coming up next year. Im in Birmingham so pretty central to everywhere and close to Warhammer World.

williamsond
13-12-2012, 12:30
I've been to most of the Aldershot ardboyz tourneys over the last year and can honestlsy say that they have all been great and very friendly folk. There's one at the end of january, I would suggest giving it a try, there's a thread here on warseer http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?357139-The-Aldershot-Ard-Boyz-1850-Warhammer-40k-Tournament-January-26th-amp-27th&highlight=aldershot

ErictheGreen
14-12-2012, 09:57
if you're in birmingham, there are 2 local clubs - october wargames (which is held at ladywood social club just outside of town) and the sutton immortals (conveniently, in sutton).

both have regular tournament players who can point you in the right direction. The sutton boys come down to wednesbury to play in nick jenkin's tournaments at triple helix wargames and they are always a good laugh. October wargames contains guys who regularly go to bigger tournaments, such as caledonian uprising in january. the guys at both clubs are a good bunch.

also, battlefield birmingham is in febuary. should probably look to that one :)

Reasonable Commissar
14-12-2012, 12:43
Ive just had a look at the battlefield birmingham as that ones ideal, its 5 mins away from where I work. I dunno if there will be spaces though as its got 60 people reserved already and there were only originally going to be 40 spots.

I had a look at the Aldershot Ardboyz one as well but has to be fully WYSIWYG and I might have the odd model with a different special weapon.

Bartali
14-12-2012, 14:50
if you're in birmingham, there are 2 local clubs - october wargames (which is held at ladywood social club just outside of town)......

I don't suppose you have a contact for October Wargames ? I've tired using their 'contact us' section on their website, but no response