PDA

View Full Version : Fanatic bouncing through unit and terrain.

Lord Inquisitor
18-12-2012, 05:43
If a fanatic hits a unit that is, for example, straddling a river, does the fanatic count as hitting the terrain if it bounces out of the unit on the other side of the terrain feature without ever actually moving into the terrain feature per se?

Kalandros
18-12-2012, 06:16
technically the rules say to place it behind the unit
So by the wording, maybe not, technically probably, in real situations: who knows!

I'm not very helpful am I? :[

I'd say it is killed but I can see where one might claim otherwise.

Treg Almighty
18-12-2012, 06:41
Not sure of the exact wording of the rule, but I think it is of the fanatic comes into contact with terrain it gets destroyed. By bouncing out the other side and landing on clear ground, it never comes into contact with terrain so is not destroyed.

Pointless comment really since I don't have the rule book :)

DragonArmy
18-12-2012, 07:11
Why is it not hitting both?

I can't think of anywhere in the rules where it says that a unit moving through a unit who is in terrain is not affected by the terrain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kalandros
18-12-2012, 07:35
After reading the exact rules, it seems to be fine to apply both hitting the unit and hitting terrain
Though I still find it silly that if he were to pass over a river that he would still be removed.

T10
18-12-2012, 08:35
If the Fanatic har sufficient movement to move clear of the unit it hit then it seems natural to assume that it also hits any terrain along that path.

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the rules for placing the Fanatic on the other side of the unit when he would end his move inside it serves to extends his movement along the ground with the goal of observing the 1"-apart rule. The fanatic rules and background description do not suggest that the Fanatic is expected to manifest the ability to teleport under those specific circumstances.

Also, notice that the Fanatic the Fanatic is considered to move through the units hit even this is achieved in practice by simply placing the model in its new position. I think most will agree that it is not very practical to push the Fanatic model through unit and thus sweep the otherwise neatly arranged models aside.

-T10

dementian
19-12-2012, 04:08
Well since a Fanatic then dies inside of the unit would the unit take the extra d6 str 5 hits?

Scalebug
19-12-2012, 17:57
Well since a Fanatic then dies inside of the unit would the unit take the extra d6 str 5 hits?

No, while the text explains it as "the deathtroes of the fanatic" or something along those lines as the reason you get another D6 hits, it is just there for flavour, the actual game mechanic is based on you moving to be placed on the model.