PDA

View Full Version : Year in review Best and worst thing of the year

budman
18-12-2012, 09:33
It's that time of year.

product

Best 6th ed of 40K - my self and a host of guys that stopped playing in the 2-3 ed era got pulled back due to this... (and I am loving it)
Worst Crusade of fire - Sub old white dwarf book for 25

duffybear1988
18-12-2012, 09:36
Best: chaos cultists being put back in the chaos marine codex.

Worst: 6th edition.

RandomThoughts
18-12-2012, 10:13
Best:
My Gaming group switching over to Warmachine

Worst:
Less money to spend on models than I used to.
And in extention: Not having found the cash to start Infinity to get my regular fix of sci-fi gunfight action.

Malagor
18-12-2012, 10:19
Best: 6e and chaos codex being awesome

Worst: only 1 6e codex :S is just too slow considering there are armies that are suffering at the moment like Eldar.

Metal Handkerchief
18-12-2012, 10:22
Hmm.

Worst: Heldrake and Mauler/ Forgefiend for ugliest new miniatures of post 3rd ed. 40K history

Best: The allies pages of the 6th edition book.

SimaoSegunda
18-12-2012, 10:39
Best: ForgeWorld's Heresy book.

Worst: Mat Ward hasn't been given his P45 yet.

Yabyahoo
18-12-2012, 11:09
Best: 6th Edition, the extra depth has really improved it!
Worst: Chaos Codex lacking... It could've been so much more!

Mr. Ultra
18-12-2012, 11:13
Best: new chaos codex, Dark Vengenace!!, Horus Heresy

Worst: lack of chaos models, Forge fiend and mauler fiend hideous models and unnecessary

Sotek
18-12-2012, 11:18
Best: 6E, CSM, FW HH stuff
Worst: Slow updates, wardfluff, 8e fantasy battle is somehow going.

Chivs
18-12-2012, 11:37
Products:
Best: Ork Bommer
Worst: 40k: New Chaos Fiends; Fantasy: General trend towards silly giant kits - e.g. the Empire Planet wagon thingy (I have no idea what it's called and the GW website is blocked at work)

In General:
Best: Getting more units painted and finished at home
Worst: Still not having anybody local to game against, so 6 months in I've only played one game of 6th. And Prices of course.

Inquisitor Kallus
18-12-2012, 11:46
Hmm.

Worst: Heldrake and Mauler/ Forgefiend for ugliest new miniatures of post 3rd ed. 40K history

Best: The allies pages of the 6th edition book.

I take it you never saw the metal possesed then, or indeed looked at the new Mutilators?

Best: New Edition
Worst:Price rises...

Kijamon
18-12-2012, 11:53
Best - Really getting stuck in to the hobby

Worst - mountain of painting left

Or more specific about GW

Best - events team are really making visits to Warhammer World fun and my local store manager is class

Worst - The amount of whining you have to dig through on internet forum threads to read content.

Faeslayer
18-12-2012, 14:07
Best - 6th edition. Having a blast this time around.

Worst - no Android-compatible digital books yet. Here's hopin' in 2013...

ColShaw
18-12-2012, 14:30
Best:
Warhammer: Chaos finally replaced their piece-of-crap 4th Ed codex.
Personal: Finally finished my StarWars Imperial Guard army.

Worst:
Warhammer: 6th Edition. Sorry, but allies, increased randomness, and shoehorning flyers in awkwardly does me no favors.
Personal: I lost something of my hobby spark. I'm just not all that interested in playing games these days.

Mauler
18-12-2012, 14:57
Bestest: 6th's LOL-inducing increased randomness, new paints, new markers, some awesome work from the Black Library & FW, FW becoming more accepted (gradually), the Warhammer HQ Studio Open Day

Worst: General lack of non-FW fliers to even out the playing field, just one 6th codex when pretty much most/all of them are almost complete, Games Workshop not accepting FW lists at their own events (still baffles me, must be a div exec somewhere)

Jayden63
18-12-2012, 22:15
The best thing they did was the new 6th ed ruleset. It remade the game not quite so point and click and it partially balanced out some very glarding issues between codexs. Then they did the worst thiing possible and added in Allies and x2 FOC charts and suddenly you realize that any balancing has just gone out the window.

Retrospectus
18-12-2012, 23:29
Best:.

you got pics somewhere? this intrigues me. also how did you make them/where'd you get the models

Chem-Dog
18-12-2012, 23:50
Best: Dan Abnett's Pariah.

Worst: In joint first place....
"New look" How to buy Citadel Miniatures White Dwarf Aka: Look! We have Girls!!!!
Also: Incredibly tiny pictures of already quite small models and Adam Troke.

Hardback Codexes. Same approximate level of content as the Beano 2013 Annual but weighing in at five times the cost. I wouldn't mind as much if the Codex was noticeably larger than any that pre-date it. Could have been a neat collectors piece thing, but instead it was foisted upon us all.

Model wise, Citadel releases have been fairly lacklustre this last year with only a few exceptional models standing out (Edgar Ramos deserves a positive mention).
Forgeworld have been more of the same with Marines for most of this year, nice models and all, but nothing that leaps out as epic, right up until Angron was revealed.

ColShaw
18-12-2012, 23:54
you got pics somewhere? this intrigues me. also how did you make them/where'd you get the models

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349124-StarWars-Imperial-Guard-2000-Point-Army&highlight=StarWars

I did a fair number of battle reports with them, too... just type "StarWars IG" into the Advanced Search for titles and it'll bring them up.

The models are all converted (or not converted) GW models; mostly Imperial Guard Kasrkin, Space Marine Scout Bikes, Sentinels, and Chimeras.

Hadriel Caine
19-12-2012, 00:07
The earlier part of the year was possibly my most inactive 6 months in the hobby in about 8 years.

6th edition and moving to a new place meant more painting time and a good incentive to paint more.

BEST: Return to some of the old school stuff that I missed both in the rules and background (and the new minis DAMN)

WORST: Dark Angels not being released yet despite having an actual conversation with Jervis at a bar suggesting I'd have the 'dex by now... probably was talking about DV in retrospect but I was so excited...!

dblaz3r
19-12-2012, 00:33
Best: 6th edition and new Tyranid models.
Worst: One codex in over a year.

Asura Varuna
19-12-2012, 02:52
Best: Chaos Marines Codex and Allies Rules
Worst: Necron Codex (that was this April, right?)

Ssilmath
19-12-2012, 02:57
Best: Chaos Marine Codex, without a doubt. Not much I don't like in it
Worst: Agonizingly slow release schedule for the codexes
Personal Worst: Moving from an active and competitive gaming group to a town where the store owner refuses to host gaming at his store

dblaz3r
19-12-2012, 03:42
Worst: Necron Codex (that was this April, right?)

November 2011

igwarlord
19-12-2012, 04:14
Best: Game store opening next door
Worst hearing warmahordes players bitch about switching games in warhammer forums

although in retrospect if warmahordes is so good why are they trolling 40k forums Hmmmmm?

Beppo1234
19-12-2012, 04:22
Best: Huron Blackheart's sculpting style applied to the new generation of plastic Chaos Space Marines

Worst: Gotta say, most of the flyer models have been pretty iffy (not all, but most. Honestly feel only 1 came out perfectly, the others are all kind of weak, in on way or another)

Zothos
19-12-2012, 04:59
Best. 6th edition. We have been having much fun with it!

Worst. ALLIES. Just a horrid idea.

laudarkul
19-12-2012, 07:18
Best: FW HH1 and 6th Edition.
Worst: no more WAB.

Kaptajn_Congoboy
19-12-2012, 07:21
Best. 6th edition. We have been having much fun with it!

Worst. ALLIES. Just a horrid idea.

So 6th edition is both the worst and the best of 2012? :-)

Friedrich von Offenbach
19-12-2012, 07:51
Worst:

Hardback Codexes. Same approximate level of content as the Beano 2013 Annual but weighing in at five times the cost. I wouldn't mind as much if the Codex was noticeably larger than any that pre-date it. Could have been a neat collectors piece thing, but instead it was foisted upon us all.

I'd agree with this - all i want is a white dwarf quality codex, but perhaps the option of hard cover ones for those who want a nicer/collectors version as i understand not every one wants the cheap version i want
but personally

worst:Storm Talon, like the storm raven (already bad) but worse - aesthetically speaking
Best: I'd like to have said the E-book versions of codexes but unfortunately they ended up costing the same as the physical book, so I say 6th ed; nice rule changes, make it more realistic(taking front models as casualties first), hull points are goodish (i hated them at first but they have since grown on me).

Mauler
19-12-2012, 09:43
WORST: Dark Angels not being released yet despite having an actual conversation with Jervis at a bar suggesting I'd have the 'dex by now... probably was talking about DV in retrospect but I was so excited...!

Aye, when I spoke to Jarvis, Matt & Simon earlier in the year they said that most, if not all the codecies are more or less done ("We're sitting on a pile of books for you guys to read!") but just getting tweaked or awaiting a release slot, but the releases are being stepped up to monthly.

I suspect that GW have some grand plan to co-ordinate the release of 6th, codecies & new models that us mortals couldn't possibly comprehend...either that, or they have a dick in charge of the release schedule who is happy to keep everyone waiting and a tosser exec above him with a "Nice work mate, your schedule is lining our coffers nicely and I have a quiet life because of it" attitude who couldn't care less about codex entries missing models, a lack of fliers or what us little people want. Makes me feel a bit sorry for the main creative guys, it must really wind up Jarvis, Matt & the others to have their work sat on for ages and not see the light of day until some suit permits it. :(

Baragash
19-12-2012, 12:21
Best: Dark Vengeance starter set models

Worst: 6th Ed/Chaos Codex

Inquisitor Kallus
19-12-2012, 12:37
Aye, when I spoke to Jarvis, Matt & Simon earlier in the year they said that most, if not all the codecies are more or less done ("We're sitting on a pile of books for you guys to read!") but just getting tweaked or awaiting a release slot, but the releases are being stepped up to monthly.

I suspect that GW have some grand plan to co-ordinate the release of 6th, codecies & new models that us mortals couldn't possibly comprehend...either that, or they have a dick in charge of the release schedule who is happy to keep everyone waiting and a tosser exec above him with a "Nice work mate, your schedule is lining our coffers nicely and I have a quiet life because of it" attitude who couldn't care less about codex entries missing models, a lack of fliers or what us little people want. Makes me feel a bit sorry for the main creative guys, it must really wind up Jarvis, Matt & the others to have their work sat on for ages and not see the light of day until some suit permits it. :(

True, but what people don't realise is thatif they release everything in big chunks over a couple of months the rest of the year(s) will be empty. Then people would complain that they haven't seen anything new for a while... . I think the release scheduling is the most full we've seen. A new release every month, may not be for your army or system but they are consistently releasing new product every month (December aside usually). How many other companies can make that claim?

The bearded one
19-12-2012, 12:50
Best:
My Gaming group switching over to Warmachine

Worst:
Less money to spend on models than I used to.
And in extention: Not having found the cash to start Infinity to get my regular fix of sci-fi gunfight action.

I'm not sure why this post is in 40k general :p

Best: cultists; coolz

Worst: enormously slow release schedule. What have we had this year? 1 codex and 2 armybooks ( and only because vampires were just over the edge of januari)?

Also, allies. It's just so open to abuse and imbalance.

duffybear1988
19-12-2012, 12:58
True, but what people don't realise is thatif they release everything in big chunks over a couple of months the rest of the year(s) will be empty. Then people would complain that they haven't seen anything new for a while... . I think the release scheduling is the most full we've seen. A new release every month, may not be for your army or system but they are consistently releasing new product every month (December aside usually). How many other companies can make that claim?

Well what the hell are they working on now then? You can't tell me that they finish updating all the books, sit on them because they want to release them throughout the next half dozen years, and then do nothing for the rest of the time?!

Nobody wants them to release everything at once, but updated army lists would be spiffing.

I still stand by my argument that they could release every updated codex at once, with only the models they have available to sell, and then release extra units and their rules throughout the year for the new stuff they are working on. These newly released units could be themed around mini campaigns, and combined into sort of Chapter Approved campaign books that contained the most up to date rules changes, extra missions, new units and rules, and a campaign setting. Privateer Press do it and it works nicely... GW gave us a Crusade of Fire instead, which was a complete waste of time, effort and money.

And (I can't believe I am saying this) the campaign idea may make them more money in the long run if everyone buys the books!!!

Personally I will only wait so long for an army to be updated - It's all well and good saying that they release stuff throughout the year so that people keep buying, but when most of my armies are years away from being updated, I am likely to just not buy anything GW and spend my money on another game system instead (something not GW based). I don't have infinite amounts of money, so in the end GW don't get any money from me...

Inquisitor Kallus
19-12-2012, 13:33
Well what the hell are they working on now then? You can't tell me that they finish updating all the books, sit on them because they want to release them throughout the next half dozen years, and then do nothing for the rest of the time?!

Nobody wants them to release everything at once, but updated army lists would be spiffing.

I still stand by my argument that they could release every updated codex at once, with only the models they have available to sell, and then release extra units and their rules throughout the year for the new stuff they are working on. These newly released units could be themed around mini campaigns, and combined into sort of Chapter Approved campaign books that contained the most up to date rules changes, extra missions, new units and rules, and a campaign setting. Privateer Press do it and it works nicely... GW gave us a Crusade of Fire instead, which was a complete waste of time, effort and money.

And (I can't believe I am saying this) the campaign idea may make them more money in the long run if everyone buys the books!!!

Personally I will only wait so long for an army to be updated - It's all well and good saying that they release stuff throughout the year so that people keep buying, but when most of my armies are years away from being updated, I am likely to just not buy anything GW and spend my money on another game system instead (something not GW based). I don't have infinite amounts of money, so in the end GW don't get any money from me...

Wow, chill out Mc Rage.. . To release all updated codexes at once is a bad business plan, You posted about YOUR armys codex, remember it is not YOUR army it is theirs, their creations. YOUR army is yours alone, the fact that they havent updated a codex for specific armies doesn't mean you are entitled to special priviledges. Everyone feels 'THEIR' army should always be next up as if its an incredibly important thing. Its also funny how people like to end their 'rants' with 'GW will not be getting any money from me........' You appear to have little patience, if you dont like it just move on, save yourself a hernia.

Indeed they could do as you suggested, though they also may not. It could be good, but in the end the choice is down to them.

Vaktathi
19-12-2012, 15:56
Best?

The plethora of Forgeworld books and the massive flip in acceptance of Forgeworld with the advent of 6th edition. I love seeing Tetras, Hornets, Rapiers, Salamanders, and the like on tables.

Worst?

6th edition being possibly the most confused (in terms of design paradigm) ruleset I think I've seen, and the CSM book being a gigantic missed opportunity/phoned in. Also...Mutilators. :p

lordreaven448
19-12-2012, 16:31
Best: Cultists and most of the CSM book

Worst: CSM Psychic decks being extremely lackluster (only 4 powers per discipline, no summing powers for Tzeentch, only allowed to know half of the powers from your deck), 2000pt 2x force org chart, No Daemon Codex yet, and MoZ nerf (because it was sooooo OP before hand:rolleyes:)

Zothos
19-12-2012, 16:55
So 6th edition is both the worst and the best of 2012? :-)

Pretty much ;-)

de Selby
19-12-2012, 17:18
Best: Dark Vengeance. Cool chaos models, a small army of DA to use as allies for things, and the 6th ed rules that I wasn't paying 50 for.

Worst: Mutilators.

This was a good year for random release waves like tyranids and new fliers.

Dryad
19-12-2012, 17:34
Best: Chaos becoming the antagonist in 40k again. Dark Vengeance was done perfectly. The Chaos Codex wasn't perfect, but a huge step forward from the 4th (which was thrown into the fires of Mount Doom on October 6th, 2012).

Worst: Why has the overall quality of scuplts gone down but the prices have gone up? More horrid releases than good ones this year...

Ozendorph
19-12-2012, 17:40
Best: Dark Vengeance models. Chosen in particular are full of win.

Worst: 6th ed. Brutal letdown for me.

Lord Damocles
19-12-2012, 17:49
*Ahem* *cough*

:shifty:

Johnnyb
19-12-2012, 17:51
for me, the best- csm dex, bringing balance back to codex's and hopefully an end to 'codex creep'
6th ed. breathing new life into the game i love

the worst- allies, allowing massive breaks in gameplay, 11 fliers have no place in a 1500 point game!
chaos going down the path of daemon engines, something daemons NOT csm should have.

Borgnine
19-12-2012, 22:33
It's amazing to see how many times both the CSM codex and 6E appear in both 'best' and 'worst' categories. Maybe we had a slow 40k year, but people are just so divided, aren't they?

Mine:
Best: 6E brought new freshness and interest into the game for me
Worst: Prices seem to just keep going up!

duffybear1988
20-12-2012, 10:14
*Ahem* *cough*

Hey I like those possessed :D

They have character!

Ronin_eX
20-12-2012, 10:20
Best: 6th Edition finally giving me an enjoyable edition of 40k to play after 13 years.

Worst: Remembering how slow GW's release schedule is after playing other games for so long. If they could alleviate this, then the balance issues the game suffers due to drawn out codex design would probably be gone. Runner up is printing a campaign book and making it limited edition... I don't even know about that one. On one hand I can see it (camapaign books sell like crap), but on the other hand it had a lot of additional rules that some might have wanted to give a go. Oh well, my guess is it will be pretty easy to find copies online (thus why it is a runner up).

Valorel
20-12-2012, 10:26
Best: 6th edition without a doubt. The best edition for me. Made my gaming group and me play again after a few years.

Worst: no eldar yet, mutilators :eek:, no flyer wave to balance armies

Kakapo42
20-12-2012, 11:31
Best: GW store opening with easy access to me, just a skip, hop and a short train-ride away!

Worst: Still no Tau release...

madden
20-12-2012, 11:36
Best and worst dark vengeance
Best for value and really good sculpts plus cultists and nice termies.
Worst (from chaos view) chosen are haphazardly equipped.(though they do make good unit champs).

Sqallum
20-12-2012, 16:30
BEST: Horus Heresy: Betrayal - Just superb
WORST: Hmm, not really sure.

Konovalev
20-12-2012, 17:36
Best: Crotchety players who contribute nothing to the hobby being driven away by the fantastic new releases
Worst: Imperial flyer aesthetic is disgusting, which may or may not be canon.

AngryAngel
20-12-2012, 18:13
Best finally seeing my Dark Angels are getting a new book.

Worst, its supposed to be the end of the world tommorrow. I did expect as much however. GW planned it this way !!

Thrax
20-12-2012, 19:42
Best and Worst: 6th Edition. Hoped for an outside chance that it would be worthwhile, but now vindicated in going in another direction with my gaming group by adopting our own alterations to the last few editions.

Scribe of Khorne
20-12-2012, 19:55
Best: Betrayer. READ THIS BOOK.
Worst: Mutilator models, truly LOL bad.

Lord Inquisitor
20-12-2012, 19:58
It's amazing to see how many times both the CSM codex and 6E appear in both 'best' and 'worst' categories. Maybe we had a slow 40k year, but people are just so divided, aren't they?

I think that's to be expected ... since 6th edition and CSM pretty much has been 40K this year, what else is there? But so much of 6th ed was "Yay!! This is exactly the stuff that needed fixing in the game ... oh, you went and screwed it up in the process. Nice going" ... some of the best and worst are the same things. For example:

Best: New edition with rules for all the things 40k desperately needed - fliers, overwatch and fixed wound allocation shenanigans! Ally rules allow for fluffy army combinations!
Worst: Flier rules are appalling especially for this scale, overwatch is a stunted stand and shoot rather than a proper response system and wound allocation is worse with an extra helping of LOS-sniping. Allies matrix doesn't make a lot of sense and rules are horrendously abusable.

prowla
20-12-2012, 20:59
Best release: 6th - with all it's stupid bits like Allies, it's still pretty much fun.
Worst release: New paints.. Lost the superb Foundation range and got nothing solid in return.

Best model release: Fantasy: Vampire Counts Throne / 40k: Ork Bomma or Necron Barge
Worst model release: CSM Fiend.

Vipoid
21-12-2012, 13:13
Best - The new CSM codex. I don't play them myself, but I'm pleased for my friend who does, and now has a much better codex.

Worst - 6th Edition. Sad to say, but I haven't enjoyed a single game of 6th edition. There are a couple of changes I like, but so many more that I dislike. I dislike the ally rules, I dislike the increased randomness, I dislike flyers, I dislike the idea of trying to make the game more like Fantasy. I really have very little interest in playing at all.

Reasonable Commissar
21-12-2012, 13:30
Best: 6th Ed
Worst: Mutilators (models and rules)

Tyrelli
22-12-2012, 16:22
*Ahem* *cough*

I actually love those minis :)

Tyrelli
22-12-2012, 17:18
Best = DV boxset, got me back into collecting and (will be soon) playing 40K.

Worst = The cost .. cripes minis are expensive these days.

Jonny Draigo
22-12-2012, 21:18
Best: Horus Heresy: Betrayal.. this is how Chaos Codex should have looked like

Worst: Chaos Codex - boring and with some really ugly models cough*dinobots*cough

Gazak Blacktoof
23-12-2012, 11:57
Best: 6th edition. The current edition is much slicker than the previous editions and has brought some interest back to the game in our small group.

Worst: IA 12 still hasn't been released and the craftworld eldar are still waiting for new jetbikes!

GlenMorray
23-12-2012, 12:39
Best: - 6th edition, allies, cultists!

Worst: - Whiners on the net thinking Warmachine is the best thing since sliced space Marines, let Warmachine get popular and big and they'll start whining about that...

spagg
23-12-2012, 14:22
Best: 6th edition and DV boxed set.

Worst: Prices. I am an older gamer, have a decent job, and the prices of these models has gotten ridiculous. I don't see how younger folks with not as much "expendable" cash are able to get into the hobby.

Jonny Draigo
23-12-2012, 14:25
Best: - 6th edition, allies, cultists!

Worst: - Whiners on the net thinking Warmachine is the best thing since sliced space Marines, let Warmachine get popular and big and they'll start whining about that...

War.. what? :D

DeeKay
23-12-2012, 16:23
Best: Horus Heresy: Betrayal.. this is how Chaos Codex should have looked like

Worst: Chaos Codex - boring and with some really ugly models cough*dinobots*cough

Pretty much this.

With regards,
Dan.

Killgore
23-12-2012, 18:24
Best: Ork Bomber love that model!

Worst: The slow release schedule

smazone.tofu
06-01-2013, 20:24
best = DV set
worst = Helldrake (gotta love that far end "engine")

nosebiter
06-01-2013, 20:41
Best stuff:

Product: HH book from forgeworld. Trollblood mountain king!!!
Personal: buying less gw stuff. Getting serious with the girlfriend.

Worst stuff:

product: chaos dinobots, chaos fantasy warshrine, warhammer 40k 6th edition!!!
Personal: buying too many minis i have no need for.

Mauler
08-01-2013, 16:08

Hey, you don't have to tell me; I'm on your side! lol

Valaskjalf1414
08-01-2013, 19:08
Best:
Cheap, T6 Chaos Bikers!
Always wanted to field Spawn, and finally they are worth it!

Worst:

New Chaos codex: Lots of upgrades are good, but itmeans little when you fork out a ton of points to make something competitive. Still No C/C counter to 3++ Stormshields
New Units in Chaos Codex are for the most part underwhelming and poorly thought through (Expensive Warp Talons with no grenades - at least give them Rending!)
Cost - 40K is already expensive in UK etc...imagine how expensive it is here in South Africa - We pay at least 30% more than you guys!

Hengist
08-01-2013, 19:12
Best of 2012: Dreadball, Sedition Wars and Horus Heresy: Betrayal.

Worst of 2012: 40k 6th edition, Chaos Dinobots, and the number of returns it took to get an acceptable cast of the 25th anniversary figure.

Gonefishing
09-01-2013, 07:22
Best of 2012: I am much richer now I dont spend all my money on GW products!

Worst of 2012: 6th edition which has totally killed all enjoyment in the game for me after 10 years of playing, now just waiting for Tau to get released so I can get more from Ebay when I sell my Army!

5Pointer
09-01-2013, 07:47
Best: DV Chaos Cultists being an ideal basis for a Necromunda gang.

Worst: loss of Foundation Paints.

Sureshot05
09-01-2013, 10:41
Hmm.

For miniatures:
Best: Dark Vengence release. Truly seemed to get chaos. And we got cultists.
Worst: Daemon engines. At complete odds with the previous. Lack of originality or thought I feel. I mean a dragon? In 40K? Very disappointed.

Rules:
Best: Allies. Finally returned after 2nd ed, and reasonably well implimented.
Worst: Flyers. Badly implimented and really spoiling what could have been a great edition.

Vipoid
09-01-2013, 10:54
I mean a dragon? In 40K? Very disappointed.

Perhaps the dragon wouldn't be so bad if its tailpipe didn't resemble a Catfish...

williamsond
09-01-2013, 11:07
Best Starting a new Nid army and loving that they work in 6th edition. the worst was the fact that I now realise that most of the cool stuff is fail cast only so have to spend my days scouring E-bay.

Szalik
09-01-2013, 11:41
Best:
Warhammer: Chaos finally replaced their piece-of-crap 4th Ed codex.

Worst:
Warhammer: 6th Edition. Sorry, but allies, increased randomness, and shoehorning flyers in awkwardly does me no favors.
Personal: I lost something of my hobby spark. I'm just not all that interested in playing games these days.

Pretty much the same here. Done a lot of miniatures just to find that I no longer like this game with the new rules. Still... the miniatures on the shelves make my eyes happy.