PDA

View Full Version : 2013

Hawkwood
19-12-2012, 15:35
So what are you planning for the new year that will come? Witch armies are you going to get or increase? Myself is going to make a 1000 points space marine and ig list and then increase it and run a skirmish campaign for my friends. I will also complete my Ong army in fantasy and set up more wargaming terrain and paint tables.

dementian
19-12-2012, 15:57
Painting for me going to keep working on my Skaven and maybe try to get to my first tournament this year. I am also thinking I will pick up some Lizardmen too. I am unsure if at that point I should look to get rid of my OnG or just keep them as well. 4 armies is a lot haha.

IcedCrow
19-12-2012, 15:59
I'm painting up nurgle demons for our tamurkhan campaign we are running in May.

BigbyWolf
19-12-2012, 16:08
I'm going to be selling at least two of my armies, or large portions of them anyway. I play so little nowadays that I can't justify the huge piles of unpainted miniatures that I have lying around. I have so many excess core troops sat in boxes that could easily be turned into cash. Cash that can be fed to my Zombies habit.

Urgat
19-12-2012, 16:09
I'll try and finish painting my chaos dwarf stuff, at least. Even though they'll probably end up used by my friend who plays chaos warriors more than by me (I'll let him use them straight in his list as one of the Tamurkhan options suggests, I suppose).

Malorian
19-12-2012, 16:26
For painting I'll be finishing of the ToFP, so a bunch of orcs and goblins, and then I'll be moving on to either wood elves or tomb kings.

I've been tempted to start HE, DE, or WoC... but we'll see about that...

Lars Porsenna
19-12-2012, 16:48
With the HE book apparently coming, no doubt I'll add on to that army. Might add a few bits onto my DE army (no new units, either expanding existing units, or special characters). Also I have been working on a tzeentch themed Daemons army, so might get that done after the book drops. I also have stalled Ogres and Wood Elf projects going, so might add to those (Wood Elfs are a "slow burn" project...). Probably won't be adding much to Dwarfs or Night Goblins...

Damon.

Blinder
19-12-2012, 16:51
Fantasy-wise... the continuing struggle to paint the horses. So many horses... so many stupid straps... but hopefully I'll be able to at least get through the stuff I entered into a ToFP, err, a couple years ago... should have another go at that though, it's a nice extra incentive to paint instead of just passing time with a video game.

But those horses... something about them that just isn't nearly as pleasant as doing the knights.

The fact that I've been able to play a good bit recently also makes me want to get the models I have painted, because I'm not letting myself get the rest of what I want to use until they are ;)

danny-d-b
19-12-2012, 17:30
actually getting some games in after uni, maybe looking in to starting a greek mythological DE army over the summer to give me something other than my empire to play

quietus1986
19-12-2012, 17:48
I hope to dubbel the size of my vampire counts to 10000 points painted and some monsters . and maby a 3000 point ork en goblin army

Urgat
19-12-2012, 18:54
Oh, also, I'll probably paint a load of minis from my Reaper bones kickstarter set :)

Darnok
19-12-2012, 19:03
For Warhammer? Getting my VCs playable. But if everything goes as usual, I'll end up splitting my time on a million different projects, and get none of them to something more than a few painted models...

DaemonReign
19-12-2012, 19:16
By the looks of it I'll mostly be changing dipers next year so the grand truth about the Hobby is probably 'less'... ;)

That said, I'm lobbying hard with the better half to keep my painting-station in Place so that I'm able to get a few minutes of work in here and there.
We got six armies in our Group and the idea is to get all of them to a "10k Legal & Painted" status. My 'own' armies (DoC & OnG) are 'done' in that regard - so anything I add to those are merely prestige Projects.. But then there are tons of DE, Dwarves, Empire and VC things that I can Always scoop up at the club.

So 'business as usual' pretty much, except I'll get things done at a more moderate pace..

Antianara
19-12-2012, 19:16
I am committing to having an organised and fully assembled VC army (also mostly with a splatter of paint). Also, to make sure I have movement trays, correct models etc. organised before each round of my league.

Uzzle29
19-12-2012, 20:15
Gonna finish the WHFB escalation campain army which is a jungle themed Orcs and Goblins army, then hopefully start on dwarfs!

Qupakoco
19-12-2012, 20:42
But those horses... something about them that just isn't nearly as pleasant as doing the knights. Right? I don't know what it is, but paining the mounts just seems to drag on.

For me, I'll be working on collecting some OOP Skinks w/Javelins. Hopefully I can amass enough to field a few RnF units. The new plastic ones just don't rank up very nicely.

outbreak
19-12-2012, 20:50
I need to sell a couple of my armies as I can't justify sitting on 6 completed armies these days. I also have a large pile of perry minitures that I bought ages ago for a dogs of war army so I guess I'll get to work completing those (will use them as empire if anyones unhappy with the unofficial DoW book). I'm also probably going to do some work on my dark elves.

nosebiter
19-12-2012, 20:55
Build and paint a slowgrow chaos army using as much FW as i can.

maze ironheart
19-12-2012, 20:55
I plan to repaint my lizardmen as I started with the traditional blue that everyone did then tried red (Wanted to have a different army) on newer models but ended a bit dark looking and so had had blue saurus and half red saurus and skinks (which was already repainted).The new colour is much brighter and more tropical and so re sprayed them and about to start work on them then it will be working on my empire bit's I will get for christmas.

Nubl0
19-12-2012, 21:40
Going to get started on my valkia the bloody themed army, and finish my nurgle Damon army. I'll probably just end up making it an every god daemon army just because I like all the models.

peukestas
19-12-2012, 21:47
I am going to paint my Wood Elf Battalion. Hopefully it will be put in good use in 2014! :)

underscore
19-12-2012, 22:12
Finish off my Skaven, and make a decision between Vampire Counts or Brettonia. It's a toughie. :(

huitzilopochtli
19-12-2012, 22:44
This year I've painted 170 models (so far - 22 more on my to do list before the year's out). Next year the goal is to match that or beat it. :)

Why
19-12-2012, 22:49
Finish my skaven, I'm only 400 models away;)

m1acca1551
19-12-2012, 23:33
Hopefully continue with my empire.... maybe start a woc conversion project, still building a new home is putting a massive dent in the old wallet :( damn real life!!!

Volt
19-12-2012, 23:35
Finish assembling my Dwarf army and getting it fully painted. And if I finish that start on my Stirland Empire army.

Justicar_Freezer
20-12-2012, 00:43
Going to be downsizing my collection. Getting rid of two fantasy and 40k armies since my group really dosen't play GW games anymore and I've also sort of fallen out of the warhammer systems. Any cash I get I plan on putting into my next semester of college and perhaps a little bit towards getting Black Crusade from FFGs because I do enjoy the 40k role plays put out by fantasy flight.

Lord Dan
20-12-2012, 01:25
I'm moving into other games entirely. A friend and I are starting up Hail Caesar, and my gaming group in general is shifting toward more skirmish-oriented games.

m1acca1551
20-12-2012, 01:43
^^ the above aswell, i have slowly begun collecting WW2 British mini's from warlord that and perry mini's napoleonic range *drools* so good for the money, cheap hobby fix. WFB will be finishing of armies that are unassembled with the odd purchase

Jind_Singh
20-12-2012, 04:59
1) SELL all my 40k armies APART from my Imperial Fists Space Marines to fund my 2013 projects (so Chaos Marines, Orks, Eldar)
2) Use funds to purchase 10 Assault Marines so I have a complete 100 strong battle company, some tanks, and 3 sets of bike deals (6 bikes, 1 attack bike, 1 speeder per set)
3) FULLY PAINT 50 Night Goblins including command, 2 characters
4) Fully assemble the remains of my Orcs & Goblins army for an epic 15,000 point game vs my mates 15,000 point Empire army in April
5) Complete assembly of Imperial Fists and spray them all yellow - and paint their bases with the textured paint. Slap in decals for chapter markings - jobs done! Play a massive game with them!
6) Purchase at least ONE Forge World monster so I can say I can use the FW Monster book
7) Purchase FW Battle for Blackfire Pass book and some models from the range

THAT'S IT! 365 days to get all that done - and by Joe it's going to get done!

Gromdal
20-12-2012, 06:00
Got high hopes for chaos warrirors this coming year. Hoping for a new book and lots of great stuff.

Metacarpi
20-12-2012, 07:52
Going to mop up the last few models of my Daemon army painting wise.

New model wise - I've got my eyes on some lovely Plaguetoads to stand in as Beasts of Nurgle. I'd also like a FW GUO, but I'll probably hold off on that one until I win the lottery!

Storyteller
20-12-2012, 09:36
I will be working on the reboot of my Bretonnians. I am starting with peasants (from core through rare) and then moving onto knights (core through rare). My initial plan was to paint a unit per month (at least for the core peasants) but I'm not sure how attainable that will be.

I won't consider a new army until my Bretonnians are finished, though I have probably been priced out of starting a new army at this point anyway.

SkawtheFalconer
20-12-2012, 09:53
WoC Warshrine in time for a tourney end of Jan, 2400 points Ogres (from scratch) in time for November tourney. Also going to try and do a Border Patrol Blood Angels army for Feb.

Morkash
20-12-2012, 10:30
I'll finish my Ogre Kingdoms army (few models left to paint) and then try to paint some Greenskins. I should maybe start by assembling my Greenskins first, there are 100 Mantic Goblins left as well as some older warmachines... By mid of the year Mantic's second big Kickstarter package will impact, which will bring lots of different models with it. Which all need to be sorted/build/partly sold/painted as well!

In terms of buying new stuff, I won't. Not from GW at least. I'm planning to build up a Kings of War Humans army with historical miniatures and will continue to look for more old metal Greenskin goodness. :)

Daniel36
20-12-2012, 10:48
Me, I recently started a Nurgle Army of Warriors, Daemons and whatever else I find fitting enough to be thrown in. Completely illegal list because I have grown very jaded with Tourhammer, but that's what I will be doing.
In the meantime, I am sure my Talabecland army will also receive some love and chances are an upcoming Storm of Magic battle will mean my Wood Elves will be painted up a bit more as well, including my wild Gryphon.

willieg
20-12-2012, 10:57
Finish painting my ork, space marine, warriors of chaos and dwarf armys. then make my high elf army. could be a bit tricky as im away from home for 7 months with work. ha ha

Gharnukk
20-12-2012, 11:05
Complete my Necrons. Then expand (and complete) my Warriors of Chaos and High elves. The latest two including the new stuff.

Oh, and read tons of Warhammer novels.

Fle
20-12-2012, 11:34
40k - I'll hopefully be finishing my space marine army in time for the new Eldar codex.

WH - I plan to build and paint an Elf army, probably High Elves if they get a new book.

LOTR/Hobbit - DWARVES!!!!!! I already have about 1000 points that I need to get painted.

Kargraz
20-12-2012, 13:55
Gonna keep painting my 12000-something points of dwarves...

DaSpaceAsians
20-12-2012, 23:55
Continuing my Empire army and hopefully, finish it by 2014

Tarliyn
21-12-2012, 11:56
Since I really don't game anymore I don't worry about whole armies. But I wanna paint enough models to get my display case filled. As well as finish my mines of moria box and my goblin town box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oguleth
22-12-2012, 12:06
Expand and paint enough Ogres to have a variation of lists for the various local tournament comp setups, and play in as many tournaments as possible. Try to at least paint a couple of faces allright >.>

Might do something with High Elves when new stuff arrives, depending on what they do with the book and the models...

Spoik
22-12-2012, 19:43
Brand new army time.

All knightly order Empire, with magnificent moustaches and enormous codpieces.

Kula
22-12-2012, 19:50
Continue to build up my Dark Elves army I started back in 2001.

I need to paint:

2 Crossbowmen
10 Shades
9 Cold One Knights
15 Executioners (and add more when fully painted, probably 15 more)
20 Warriors without shields
1 Sorceress

After that, I got most of what I want in my army to field most of what I like, which means, if i finish these in the first part of the year, im going for a new army. Probably Orcs and Goblins or Dwarfs if they get a new book.

Aéquitas
22-12-2012, 20:13
I will be:
-expanding my finished Skaven army (4000 points right now) with a big block of Stormvermin taking it to a 5000 point legal list
-starting up my Daemons of Chaos army which will be Nurgle/Khorne mix in looks (working on my Herald of Khorne right now)
-finishing my terrain project building/converting all the magical terrain the BRB has to offer
-making a realms of battle winter table

Seeing as I did 4000 points of Skaven in one year I'm confident I can get it done. ;)

Overtninja
22-12-2012, 21:29
i have about 3k points of wood elves that are basecoated and have been since i started in 2010. having played for a few years now and gotten to the point where i'm not complete garbage at the game, i think it's high time to start painting them. also, as i'm in an escalation league who's express purpose (aside from gaming and having fun doing so) is getting an army painted for 2500 points, i've double the incentive.

edit - oh, i want to paint up some terrain also, starting with this wood i have! i actually do like most of GW's terrain range, so after i finish my army i'll probably start buying buildings and hills and things.

-Loki-
23-12-2012, 22:28
Just keep on truckin on what I have.

I've still got about 1000pts of Tyranids to paint before it's all done. Maybe even get that Heirophant done that I got 2 years ago for Christmas.
After Christmas, I'll have 3500pts of Vampire Counts. I've painted 10 Skeletons.
Still got a fair few Infinity figs to paint - 4 more to get to 200pts.
Also get to work on more terrain for my home board. Nearly there!

I'm not planning any new armies, just plugging away at what I have and what I'm getting for Christmas.

arthurfallz
24-12-2012, 15:09
1) Finish painting my Bretonnian army up (it's been almost 4 years, and still not fully painted)
2) Finish painting my Khador started set.
3) Finish assembling my remaining Dark Elves, paint them up.
4) Sell my Skaven horde (two boxes of the Isle of Blood worth plus a few characters)

SteveW
25-12-2012, 03:59
My brother went and got me 3 bret battalion boxes so Im gonna paint more knights. Probably gonna have to repeat some color schemes.

Ludaman
25-12-2012, 22:27
Paint my Mantic werewolves to use as crypt horrors for my vampires (have to get them first though).

Start work on a massive new dwarf army when AoW finishes their kickstarter releases.

Spiney Norman
26-12-2012, 00:02
I will be expanding my Dark Angels army beyond the 2 Dark Vengeance sets I got in 2012, and indulging my lighter side with the Escape from Goblin Town boxed set I got for Christmas.

Death Korp
26-12-2012, 00:30
First of all, paint all my Von Carstien Vampire Counts that I recently got this Christmas (Megaforce, Vargs, Wolves, Knights, Konrad and Isabella). Then finish my other bits for the army, possibly adding 40 Grave Guard.

Then, paint one of my W40K armies to a good standard for gaming, and then move on to little projects to finish my collection of figures.

And, attempting to buy MUCH less and paint MORE this year.

Clanmac
26-12-2012, 01:34
Round out the WOC army with a few hero pieces, loving the new Festus model, convert my Bloodbowl Minotaur into a Demon Prince with the aid of my Wood Elf Dragon wings and tail, take what is left of my Wood Elf Dragon and create a Two Headed Chaos Dragon... so many little projects so little time

lordlorien
26-12-2012, 18:40
I will finish my WoC army first and hope for a new army book that is compatible to my painted units and some new entries to add.

After that I will finish my latest 40k project which is known as inverted Skellie's in space... Necrons with metal bodies and bleached bone armor, hull color.

When that is finished I fear I will already have bought a new army to toy around with ;). I guess that will be DAngels, Ogres and/or HElfs. I hope it won't be all three ;).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shadow_Steed
26-12-2012, 22:10
There is absolutely 0 chance that I will be able to resist starting a High Elf army when/if the new core units come out!

Ebon
27-12-2012, 10:23
Adding yet more to my LM and TK armies. There's also Necrons and 'Nids in there.

boli
27-12-2012, 23:40
I'm stuck between two opposite goals:

GOAL ONE
Paint up all the units / armies I have before buying any more.

GOAL TWO
Build my skaven up to play larger games. (to match my high+wood elves) with a more balanced army group and a couple of "missing" units, e.g. screaming bell, plagueclaw catapult.

Finish my elves; treekin, white lions, chariots etc... hopefully new HE CORE models which look nice.

And I'm completely torn between the two very opposite goals... this will prob last until I see the new HE elves. ;)

Ulric Lichtenstien
29-12-2012, 11:36
Hopefully getting 1500pts worth of Empire and Vampire counts built and painted, if I manage i will reward myself with a gaming table.

Sir Requiem
29-12-2012, 13:19
- Finish my Daemons of Chaos with the arrival of the new book.
- Add the new HE units (when the book gets released) to my huge and fully painted HE army.

Commissar Goddard
29-12-2012, 15:54
Plan for 2013 a new army for my return to Fantasy, so building a High Elf army for me.
Also need to start work on my Gaming table, been designing it for years, so new army calls for a board and specific scenery i think.

still-young
29-12-2012, 21:29
I'm gonna be starting fantasy. I'm doing vampire counts using a mixture of VC and tomb kings models :) can't wait to get started

Andy p
30-12-2012, 00:00
Ive got so much lined up.

The Hobbit; which im over half way through painting the main boxed set already.

Im starting Wood Elves; because ive always adored their model range and their concept.

And finally I am aiming to get some Forge World monsters because they are just...appealing beyond words to the concepts in my head.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
02-01-2013, 09:25
I intend to finish painting all 5000 points of my Waaagh! by the end of the year. It's about 25% done already. In addition to that I hope to have all of my SoM monsters painted, and to probably have models for all the options in the book.

Oh and I want to purchase and paint Azhag this year.

lbecks
02-01-2013, 11:28
I like WoC so i'm hoping they get another wave in 2013. I'm also looking forward to the new Greater Daemons.

Lord Shadowheart
02-01-2013, 12:33
This year, I'd like to get at least one of my armies fully painted up to 2400pts, most likely my High Elves.

Triple King
02-01-2013, 12:34
Working on my Vampires. Got most of the Christmas army box to keep me busy, plus I keep buying new stuff in addition which is slowing down progress. Not really aiming for a point value, just to paint what I've got already.

RevEv
03-01-2013, 07:18
Key to all that I intend to do is that I will paint more than I buy. As I am not a fan of chaos there is a strong chance that this might occur - that and being out of the country for a significant part of the year (in a country with no GW stores!).

VC, O&G and Empire will get some love, as will some of my 40k armies (especially DA).

MrD29
03-01-2013, 16:26
For me target is to finish 40k tales with my wolves and dark eldars.
For Warhammer paint my Empire to be 2400pts.
But most I want to start playing regular. At least once a week.

We shall see ...

Miredorf
03-01-2013, 17:35
My plans are to finish painting my HE army after over 4 years of almost mono-theme work :cries:, then restart painting the orc army i havent touched in over 10 years aaand finish my colections of DE and CD with some gamezone and AoW/Titan wargames models.

Lordsaradain
03-01-2013, 17:36
My plan for 2013 is to paint and build more models for my Chaos Warrior and CSM armies. It will have to wait untill summer, because during winter/spring I'll be busy with exchange studies.

Glen_Savet
03-01-2013, 18:44
I'm finally getting around to painting my Brettonians. So many peasants!

Ratarsed
04-01-2013, 06:30
Starting up Orc and Goblins with the goal to have a 2000 point army painted for March 16th. 100 models in total. Then I shall continue to expand on the army for the next couple of years I suspect. There is so much to collect!

popisdead
04-01-2013, 18:11
Paint what I have.

lisaundead
07-01-2013, 11:55
Happy New Year one and all!

My plan for 2013 is threefold:

1) Begin competitive tournament gaming with my almost finished LoA Chaos Dwarf army.
2) Start building and painting a new army....Ogres!!!
3) Clear out and sell all my surplus, unused and unloved fantasy bits and bobs.....WoC, VC, DoC, Dwarf etc etc

So, not much planned for 2013 then ;)

lisaundead
07-01-2013, 11:56
Happy New Year one and all!

My plan for 2013 is threefold:

1) Begin competitive tournament gaming with my almost finished LoA Chaos Dwarf army.
2) Start building and painting a new army....Ogres!!!
3) Clear out and sell all my surplus, unused and unloved fantasy bits and bobs.....WoC, VC, DoC, Dwarf etc etc

So, not much planned for 2013 then ;)

Lord Solar Plexus
07-01-2013, 12:57
The basic plan is to get over with it asap and hope 2014 will be better.

Metacarpi
07-01-2013, 13:04
My new plan for 2013 since December held a period of unprecedented activity for me:

1) Finish painting up my remaining two Bloodcrushers, 6 Flamers, and single base of Nurglings.
2) Base the above, plus 20 Bloodletters - I now have a painted and based 2500 Daemons army.
3) Indulge in new Daemon lovliness if the Feb rumours are to be believed - if GD's are released, buy and paint up/base a GUO.
4) Buy and paint up/base a horde of Horrors (minimum of 30, possibly 40 depending how they go).

I'll likely splurge on a load more stuff, but that's the plan in my head currently.

dalezzz
08-01-2013, 08:37
Paint as much as i can before Black Fire pass comes out , then buy as much of that as i can afford!

Also maybe try and get a few more games in this year

Toshiro
08-01-2013, 11:10
By the looks of it I'll mostly be changing dipers next year so the grand truth about the Hobby is probably 'less'... ;)

Congratulations. :)

Plan for 2013 a new army for my return to Fantasy, so building a High Elf army for me.
Also need to start work on my Gaming table, been designing it for years, so new army calls for a board and specific scenery i think.

Welcome back to the hobby. :)

For me:
1) Finish painting my 1500pts lizardmen army.
2) Reorganize my 5500pts Orcs & Goblins into a 1500pts force and repaint and rebase it.
3) Start a new army, 2500pts Ogre Kingdoms to use as a tournament army in 2014.

ASTINOFF
18-01-2013, 01:22
Last year I use 10 months to paint my 4k skaven horde army (I promise never again collect an horde one). This 2013 I plan to repaint my lizardmen army and finish painting my Naggarythe Theme High Elves Army, I think is the same amount of miniatures in lizzies and HE than the Skaven.

Luigi
19-01-2013, 06:47
For me?
Building more terrain, and maybe finally getting some decent tools (jigsaw and hotwire-foam cutter i'm looking at you)
Also finishing painting the few handful of dwarf minis i have hidden in a cranberry sauce (sic!) jar.

Rasholm
20-01-2013, 13:11
2013 I will start and hopefully finish a DoC army, probably monogod, but we will see about that.