PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Lords!!

willieg
20-12-2012, 11:53
Guys and girls please help me create the perfect dwarf lord as mine always fall short.

cheers guys!!

pippin_nl
20-12-2012, 12:43
Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Would you like to do some real damage (S6, killing blow, ignore armour saves, etc...) or be indestructible (1+/1+/4++ & extra wounds)?

BlackPawl
20-12-2012, 12:54
And at what point level? Is it for a 1000 or 3000 point game?

Pelskwig
20-12-2012, 13:16
mine always fall short.

Heeheehee !

The bearded one
20-12-2012, 14:03
Heeheehee !

* unamused *

Some more details on pointsize and the role you would like him to play would be nice.

All-out builds generally work better than trying to compromise between offensive and defensive.

Defensive I love this build:

Shieldbearers
Great weapon
Rune of stone
Rune of resistance
Master rune of steel
Master rune of spite

He has a 1+ rerollable armoursave and a 4+ wardsave, and enemy attacks are capped at str5, so your armoursave is going to be 3+ at the worst, unless the enemy has armour piercing or ignores saves.

There is a multitude of offensive builds, although I would advice still giving the lord shieldbearers (always, really, always) a rune of stone (or a shield) and a rune of resistance. Useful runes for your weapon might depend on what kind of enemies you encounter a lot. You can go with either a great weapon with mr. Of kragg and 2 other runes, or a handweapon with 3. These are some examples:

Mr of kragg, rune of fury, rune of snorri spangelhelmn(5 str 6 attacks with +1 to hit)
Mr of kragg, rune of fury, rune of fury (6 str 6 attacks)
Mr of kragg, rune of fury, rune of might (beat the bejeezus out of tough enemies, when your strength doubles against enemies with toughness 5. Basically, you will always wound on 2's)
Mr of swiftness, rune of cleaving, rune of speed (fairly cheap, asf with i5 means rerolls against enemies as fast as rank and file elves, so this build is pretty decent against t3 enemies, including elves)
Mr of smiting, rune of might, rune of cleaving (necessitates dropping the rune of resistance to fit it, but you will demolish any monster and any toughness 5 character and other tough creatures, and give lower toughness opponents a run for their money, you just need to sneak one unsaved wound through, and it will multiply into D6)

Malorian
20-12-2012, 14:55
I'm all about two runes of +1 stength and the master run of D6 wounds. His T5 and 1+ save when on the shieldbearerers and shield is all he needs defensively, and then he can put anything he wants into the dirt.

Kargraz
20-12-2012, 15:01
If I need something to kill big stuff, I go Kragg, Might, Snorri, Preservation, 2xIron, Furnace, shieldbearers.
2+/5++(2++ vs fire) and Immune to KB is decent enough, and pretty much always 2+/2+ in combat with monsters.

warplock
20-12-2012, 16:13
Regardless of whether you go defensive or killy, you have one big problem- he is M3. For that reason I think sneaking a rune of Challenge in there is a really good idea. He can influence the game in a huge way with that one rune without even being in combat, and it also helps him get into combat or avoid an unwanted combat much easier.

Harwammer
20-12-2012, 16:54
Might/smite combo. Maybe with fire.

Add in runes of luck if you want.

willieg
21-12-2012, 13:36
its in a 2400 point game. i want he to be a real combat monster or as offensive as i can make him