PDA

View Full Version : if all orks baned togeather...

bound for glory
20-12-2012, 23:04
its a often repeated fact that "if all the orks in the 40k universe banded togeather, humanity would be wiped out. everybody knows that, right?
but i never really liked that concept. mean to say, i can't see ork starships totally defeating the navy. and how many billions of IG are there? not to mention space marines...
at anyrate, it'd be a good fight.

Kakapo42
20-12-2012, 23:31
I can see it. Ork starships in equal numbers to the Imperial navy probably wouldn't do much, but if the Orks united in a single all-consuming WAAAAAGH!!, there would be countless billions of those Ork starships, enough to outnumber the Imperial Navy 10-20 to 1. And for every IG regiment, there are countless Ork hordes. And Space Marines cannot be everywhere at once, while united Orks can.

Kripox
20-12-2012, 23:35
The thing is that the Orks outnumber even the humans of the Imperium by a pretty decent margin, and every single Ork is a capable and willing fighter, which is more than can be said for humans. There would simply be too many of them to stop, no matter how many of its IG regimens, SM chapters or Titan Legions the Imperium sent at the green tide. The numbers are too much in the Orks' favor.

As for naval engagements I'm more iffy. Ork ships tend to be weaker than Imperial vessels, especially battleships, but they're more numerous and far simpler to construct. They have also probably salvaged vessels from space hulks and so possess a few old Imperial ships.At the end of the day, even if they fail to beat the navy they can go for suicidal planetary landings by diving headfirst into the enemy fleet and hope they come out unscathed on the other side, which can be surprisingly effective seeing as Orks are crazy awesome.

Orks also reproduce in a far more efficient manner. Their spores ensure a constant, high population increase no matter where they go. If they fail to take a planet the efenders will have to deal with a band of feral Orks after a number of years, weakening them before a second Ork invasion. Once the greenskins begin applying real pressure on the Imperium they'll simply be much better suited to coping with the attrition and massive losses such a war would bring.

Finally, a Warboss gets bigger the more he's respected and the more boyz follow him. If every single Ork in the galaxy rallied behind, say, Ghazghkull, he would probably be bigger than an Imperator titan. Hilarity ensues as he lands on a world and begins dismantling it with his shiny klaw.

Sikkukkut
21-12-2012, 01:20
And if we're talking about the orks all assembling in a single monster Waaagh! then their logistical edge would jump by whole orders of magnitude, since one of the things that happens when a Waaagh! takes hold is that the mekboyz immediately start working at fever pitch to churn out huge quantities of ships and vehicles, particularly Gargants and Mega-Gargants.

As a tangent, I know the thread title is supposed to say "banded", but every time I see it I picture Ghazhgkull in a high-collared shearling coat and a face mask, intoning "When Armageddon iz... ashez... den you 'az my permishun to WAAAGH!"

BooTMGSG
21-12-2012, 08:04
I'm sure if all the orks banded together their leader could not provide them with enough enemys to prevent the warband from being torn apart from internal fighting.

Say there's 1M humies and 1Bn Orks now feasibly 3M of those Orks could deal with the humies, but what are the other 997M Orks going to do. They've got to fight something, and oh look a couple of orks over their are having a barney, Bundle!!!

Jack of Blades
21-12-2012, 09:21
I'm sure if all the orks banded together their leader could not provide them with enough enemys to prevent the warband from being torn apart from internal fighting.

Say there's 1M humies and 1Bn Orks now feasibly 3M of those Orks could deal with the humies, but what are the other 997M Orks going to do. They've got to fight something, and oh look a couple of orks over their are having a barney, Bundle!!!

Not if they get sent on a direct path toward Terra. I think when the other Orks discover what this WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! goes up against when they get into the viccinity of Terra, even the boyz fighting on worlds like Armageddon will pack their bags and join The Promised WAAAAAAGH! right away.

Private_SeeD
21-12-2012, 23:26
if all the orks did band together I think the Imperium and anything in its way might get curb stomoed... and I'm not an Ork fan

Menthak
22-12-2012, 00:40
its a often repeated fact that "if all the orks in the 40k universe banded togeather, humanity would be wiped out. everybody knows that, right?
but i never really liked that concept. mean to say, i can't see ork starships totally defeating the navy. and how many billions of IG are there? not to mention space marines...
at anyrate, it'd be a good fight.

Space Marines can't be everywhere at once, even if they could, They would eventually (Really eventually) be overcome, Orks aren't just the billions upon billions that the imperial guard are, they are orders of magnitude more than that, plus there are no Ork civilians, just more Boyz. Always more boyz, to the point where they could choke Hive fleet leviathan with bodies. Plus as has been said, the machinery that Orks can just churn out from scrap. Plus, again, they have no logistical needs, just a direction. No Ork warboss worth his Teef worries about food, ammo, gunz, every Ork just does. Finally, even if you are right, and the Orks cannot defeat the Navy, it's not going to stop them hitting the planets. Do you think a warboss will care if alot of his Boyz don't make it down so long as he can still get the planet?

Ps: The Orks also tend to act like Zombies when it comes to machinery, for every Leman Russ, Predator, land raider, Titan, or even servitor (if the Mek is bored and has the time) after being defeated, will most likely become an Ork vehicle.

Rogue Star
22-12-2012, 01:02
mean to say, i can't see ork starships totally defeating the navy. and how many billions of IG are there? not to mention space marines...

They were created by some ancient Primogenitor race to fight a war against a relentless enemy which had unlocked the secrets of space and time. They survived this War in the Heavens.

After that came the reign of the Eldar, successors of the Old Ones, who could walk between worlds with their galaxy spanning Webway network, and could extinguish suns on a whim. They survived this period too.

After the fall of the Eldar, has come the rise of Man, the Great Crusade and ten tousand years of the Imperium of the Undying Emperor, a mere blink in their violent history, if they were to ever bother recording it...

Think they're really going anywhere?

Jack of Blades
22-12-2012, 02:59
As in Fantasy, I see the Orks in 40k as the galactical antibodies - think of them as antibodies that destroy everything and can't be stopped, then they actually go out of their body, multiply and indiscriminately destroy everything, especially gatherings of other biological life. The Old Ones created the most powerful immune system in existence as a last ditch attempt. It has both a mental (too alien to be corrupted) and spiritual (unconsciously channeling themselves into Gork & Mork) defense against Chaos, an enemy they weren't even meant to face as they were created against the Necrons and C'tan. They can compete against a living, predatory, inter-galactic ecosystem at their own game - yet another enemy they were never meant to face. They fear only a lack of experiencing death, destruction and carnage without care or thought to their own mortality. They had no problems coping with the breakdown and eradication of those who created and led them, they are a self-sustaining organism. Their mental, spiritual and physical powers are inexorable and it is only that they're not united which makes the Tyranids the greater threat. In this case when they are said to unite... the Milky Way and the other galaxies they reach would soon take a green hue.

As that Dark Eldar said, the Orks have already won :p

Lionsprey
22-12-2012, 09:30
As in Fantasy, I see the Orks in 40k as the galactical antibodies - think of them as antibodies that destroy everything and can't be stopped, then they actually go out of their body, multiply and indiscriminately destroy everything, especially gatherings of other biological life. The Old Ones created the most powerful immune system in existence as a last ditch attempt. It has both a mental (too alien to be corrupted) and spiritual (unconsciously channeling themselves into Gork & Mork) defense against Chaos, an enemy they weren't even meant to face as they were created against the Necrons and C'tan. They can compete against a living, predatory, inter-galactic ecosystem at their own game - yet another enemy they were never meant to face. They fear only a lack of experiencing death, destruction and carnage without care or thought to their own mortality. They had no problems coping with the breakdown and eradication of those who created and led them, they are a self-sustaining organism. Their mental, spiritual and physical powers are inexorable and it is only that they're not united which makes the Tyranids the greater threat. In this case when they are said to unite... the Milky Way and the other galaxies they reach would soon take a green hue.

As that Dark Eldar said, the Orks have already won :p
just one nitpick
The Krork (probably what later became the Orks) where created to fight the enslavers not the C'tan/Crons

Still Standing
22-12-2012, 11:04
Nah the Eldar and Krork were two of the races designed to fight the Necrons. It was their psychic abilities (Krork and Eldar) which weakened the barriers between dimensions enough for the Enslavers to break through. We can assume they then had a jolly time fighting those too. It's an interesting note that there were likely many other races designed for this fight, but Krork and Eldar are the only known survivors.

Poseidal
22-12-2012, 13:07
The Eldar and Orks probably share a common ancestor. It explains why the two most innately savage warrior species both have pointy ears.

TheDungen
22-12-2012, 13:45
i dont think the orks outnumber the imperium at any one given time, its just that they can replace their losses much faster than the imperium can.

Lionsprey
22-12-2012, 14:24
Nah the Eldar and Krork were two of the races designed to fight the Necrons. It was their psychic abilities (Krork and Eldar) which weakened the barriers between dimensions enough for the Enslavers to break through. We can assume they then had a jolly time fighting those too. It's an interesting note that there were likely many other races designed for this fight, but Krork and Eldar are the only known survivors.
Old necron dex Pg 26 under "The apocalypse looms" tells how the Krork and Jokaero where made to fight the horrors unleased from the warp as a result of creating psychic races (the Dex tells how it is speculated these are The Eldar, the Rashan and the K'nib and many others)

Shiodome
22-12-2012, 14:53
i wanna see all the orks vs all the nids.

TheDungen
23-12-2012, 13:35
the nidz would lose that fight, feeding on orks have proved to be a stupid idea for the nidz in the past, any creatures created from ork genetic material eventually gets caught up in the whaagh field and joins the orks, that's who the squigs came to be.

So if it got condensed down to a war attrition the orks would win, the nidz would need to feed on other thigns to be able to replenish their numbers while the orks would just keep fighting each of them that fell would release clouds of spores that in time would spawn new orks.

Eve if the nids were to overwhelm the orks all att once (and i dotn think even the nidz have numbers enough for that) they would still not be able to feed on the ork biomass for the aforementioned reasons, this bodymass would then fuel orksspores and in turn become orks again. fire is the only way to truly put orks down.

Gaargod
23-12-2012, 14:29
i dont think the orks outnumber the imperium at any one given time, its just that they can replace their losses much faster than the imperium can.

I'd be damn surprised if they don't. Orks breed like flies with no issues, so basically every planet they take would have a hive-planet level of population (assuming they weren't all fighting). Plus stuff like Roks and Space Hulks would be literally just full of the buggers.

If all the orks fought together, the Imperium wouldn't have a chance. Hell, I doubt anything would have a chance - Necrons would do the best, but even if they wouldn't be able to resist massed-orks.

blackcherry
23-12-2012, 15:50
Its the common theme of almost every faction in 40k: if they could unite under a central leadership, not much could stand in that races way. As 40k aspires more to the rule of cool than common sense, I'm inclined to believe that nothing could stand before a united ork race. They are barely kept in check on Armageddon and the fighting there has cooled since the initial (most recent) invasion by Gazakull.

Also, after reading one of the space marine battles books, it has become apparent that some approaches to Terra are not that well defended. If a massive ork Waaaagh were to arise deep inside what we would consider 'imperial space', I'm not sure if there would be the numbers to stop it.

Kaapeli
26-12-2012, 11:46
I'd be damn surprised if they don't. Orks breed like flies with no issues, so basically every planet they take would have a hive-planet level of population (assuming they weren't all fighting). Plus stuff like Roks and Space Hulks would be literally just full of the buggers.

Orks don't build hives and don't have the infrastructure to support that kind of population.
The numbers of Orks are kept in check by their infighting and fungal nature. While fungus (ork spores) is everywhere, they sprout mushrooms (orks) in limited numbers in suitable enviroments. Basicly Orks don't really have any control over their reproduction rate like humans do. When all the factors like nutrients, atmospheric conditions, population density etc. are right, the Orks start popping out of the ground. They can't voluntarily decide to overpopulate nor would they care to either.
I think there's a certain limit that a planet can support orks that is less than with humans who are much more able in sustaining a larger population density per square meter (advanced agriculture like hydroponics, gathering and recycling natural resources, civil engineering, hive cities...).

I'd say there are far less Orks in the galaxy than humans. But while perhaps only 1 in 10 humans are combatans, with Orks it's closer to 2 in 3 (at least 1/3 would be Grots and Snotling slaves). So even if humans outnumbered orks 3 to 1 in the galaxy, Orks would still have around the same number of warriors.

Bannik
26-12-2012, 13:14
The only thing that would be a problem is the waaagh psychic energy field, thats it, no matter how good the orks are a simple exterminatus would sort them out and Imperium has as many worlds as there are ork clans...

What would happen is the orks would invade a planet, destroy it and imperium would exterminate the world and it would continue until all imperium worlds are dead or all the orks dead....
I highly doubt orks would get far even with the biggest waaagh, they would still deal a mighty blow to imperium but thats about it.

and yes orks outnumber imperial guard soldiers but when push comes to choppa humanity seems to rise up and become something more, remember that even the smallest of humans is guided by the light of the Emperor

WE ARE NEVER ALONE
WE ARE UNITED
TOGETHER WE STAND
TOGETHER WE FALL

IMPERIAL GUARDS TO VICTORYYYYYY....

Drakcore Bloodtear
26-12-2012, 22:10
The only thing that would be a problem is the waaagh psychic energy field, thats it, no matter how good the orks are a simple exterminatus would sort them out and Imperium has as many worlds as there are ork clans...

What would happen is the orks would invade a planet, destroy it and imperium would exterminate the world and it would continue until all imperium worlds are dead or all the orks dead....
I highly doubt orks would get far even with the biggest waaagh, they would still deal a mighty blow to imperium but thats about it.

and yes orks outnumber imperial guard soldiers but when push comes to choppa humanity seems to rise up and become something more, remember that even the smallest of humans is guided by the light of the Emperor

WE ARE NEVER ALONE
WE ARE UNITED
TOGETHER WE STAND
TOGETHER WE FALL

IMPERIAL GUARDS TO VICTORYYYYYY....

Except not all Orks would be on the planet.
And how are you going to get ships that close when there are hundreds and thousands of Ork ships in the area.

The only feasible way of stopping a WAAAGH! that sized would be to kill the biggest Warboss, and that is only a chance (also ignoring the hypothesis that the thread states), plus the Warboss isn't going to be easy to kill due to both his size and the size of his WAAAGH!

Private_SeeD
26-12-2012, 22:32
the nidz would lose that fight, feeding on orks have proved to be a stupid idea for the nidz in the past, any creatures created from ork genetic material eventually gets caught up in the whaagh field and joins the orks, that's who the squigs came to be.

So if it got condensed down to a war attrition the orks would win, the nidz would need to feed on other thigns to be able to replenish their numbers while the orks would just keep fighting each of them that fell would release clouds of spores that in time would spawn new orks.

Eve if the nids were to overwhelm the orks all att once (and i dotn think even the nidz have numbers enough for that) they would still not be able to feed on the ork biomass for the aforementioned reasons, this bodymass would then fuel orksspores and in turn become orks again. fire is the only way to truly put orks down.

can you show your source on that? Don't mean to call you a liar just would like to read it. I thought in one of the codex's it said that a certain race gave themselves some breathing space cause they deflected a a hive fleet into am ork wargh or ork space but who ever wins will be a force would be unstoppable

Shamana
26-12-2012, 23:10

Sure, you just need to get them on one planet with no space cover. Easy job. :D And you'd be surprised how often the Imperium doesn't write the planet off for exterminatus, especially when the threat isn't demonic or Tyranid but "just orks".

and yes orks outnumber imperial guard soldiers but when push comes to choppa humanity seems to rise up and become something more.

Sometimes, sometimes not. But see, for humans, that is a figure of speech; for orks, it's the literal truth: when push comes to shove they rise up and become something more. The more fights an ork gets, the bigger he is, and bigger the ork is, the better the ork is. Nothing ensures that orks will be stronger, tougher and smarter than a steady supply of serious fights.

Bannik
27-12-2012, 00:12
Sure, you just need to get them on one planet with no space cover. Easy job. :D And you'd be surprised how often the Imperium doesn't write the planet off for exterminatus, especially when the threat isn't demonic or Tyranid but "just orks"..

Yea you dont even need to get them on one planet, I mean we are having a hypothetical discussion if the orks ever joined together and attacked so over use of exterminatus would be justifiable, think about it it would go like this

MASSIVE ORK FLEET SEES AN IMPERIUM WORLD AND ATTACKS
THE IMPERIUM WORLD FIGHTS THEM OFF BUT DIE ANYWAYS
THE WORLD IS OVER RUN WITH ORKS
ETERMINATUS

IMPERIAL FLEET RETREATS TO ANOTHER HUMAN WORLD AND REPEAT UNTIL EITHER ALL ORKS ARE DEAD OR THERE ARE NO IMPERIAL WORLDS LEFT...

Orks are dumb that way, no matter what they will try and land on a planet especially if there is some good choppin to be done.

Jack of Blades
27-12-2012, 00:51
First of all the Imperium's supply of worlds isn't unending. Secondly, its finite worlds are valuable - every one of them. Exterminatus is an absolute last resort when the world can either be nuked or lost forever to the enemy. Then there's the ''until all orks are dead'' part which is just ignoring the way orks work. You can't wipe them out, especially not by one-shot measures like a cataclysmic bombing - every ork can grow an ecosystem. Leave a single ork alive long enough in an empty galaxy and it will eventually be green to the brim. So the orks would recoup their losses and move on while the Imperium would lose a world that they cannot replace, incalculably more valuable to the Imperium than human lives they could spend defending it as on Armageddon (an example of when even in practically hopeless situations they still don't want to nuke the world).

They're not just some pirate fleet or something, they're orks. These things were made to win against forces that devastated the entire galaxy which their own masters didn't survive. Imagine if every single tyranid creature could respawn the entire tyranid ecosystem if it needs to and that they don't need to consume any resources to do so or to grow more warriors. That's the terror of the orks, they're like bacteria, you practically can't win against them even if you can stall your loss for as long as you can see (or you wish to unmake reality by letting Chaos devour the galaxy) unlike other species that can be wiped out and significantly weakened, including even the tyranids. But exterminatus against the orks is a losing strategy.

Kaapeli
27-12-2012, 07:58
They're not just some pirate fleet or something, they're orks. These things were made to win against forces that devastated the entire galaxy which their own masters didn't survive. Imagine if every single tyranid creature could respawn the entire tyranid ecosystem if it needs to and that they don't need to consume any resources to do so or to grow more warriors. That's the terror of the orks, they're like bacteria, you practically can't win against them even if you can stall your loss for as long as you can see (or you wish to unmake reality by letting Chaos devour the galaxy) unlike other species that can be wiped out and significantly weakened, including even the tyranids. But exterminatus against the orks is a losing strategy.

Chemical and biological warfare would propably be a good tactic for destroying ork infestations. Antifungal herbicide agents and genetically engineed diseases to kill only orks. Not easy with the current lack of innovation and technological stagnation in the Imperium but theoretically.

TheDungen
27-12-2012, 18:11
can you show your source on that? Don't mean to call you a liar just would like to read it. I thought in one of the codex's it said that a certain race gave themselves some breathing space cause they deflected a a hive fleet into am ork wargh or ork space but who ever wins will be a force would be unstoppable

I think the source is the WD where squigs wee introduced i heard it in one of the threads on warseer.

MOMUS
27-12-2012, 20:14
I think the source is the WD where squigs wee introduced i heard it in one of the threads on warseer.

I think you are confused with fanfic or probably realying on (internet) hearsay.

A nice way to see how orks could really bring the pain to the Imperium is to read the excellent story Rise of the Tau.

Lord Damocles
27-12-2012, 20:33
When squigs were originally introduced, they were indeed Tyranid hybrid-creatures.

This appears to have been retconned some time ago, given that squigs are now part of the range of Orkoid races, and grow from spores in the same way as Orks, Grots, and Snotlings.

The war for Octarius (resulting from Inquisitor Kryptman luring a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan into the Ork-held worlds of the Octarius Empire) shows that Tyranids can sustain themselves on Orkoid biomass. (Codex: Tyranids (5th ed.), pgs.30-31).

Jack of Blades
28-12-2012, 00:15
Chemical and biological warfare would propably be a good tactic for destroying ork infestations. Antifungal herbicide agents and genetically engineed diseases to kill only orks. Not easy with the current lack of innovation and technological stagnation in the Imperium but theoretically.

It might work, but I think the Old Ones basically designed the Orkoids as living antibodies. They don't have an immune system - they are an immune system. Just my own theory, but I think they'd anyhow be resilient even against things engineered to get rid of them, that's what they were made to be after all :)

Gaargod
28-12-2012, 00:50
Orks don't build hives and don't have the infrastructure to support that kind of population.
The numbers of Orks are kept in check by their infighting and fungal nature. While fungus (ork spores) is everywhere, they sprout mushrooms (orks) in limited numbers in suitable enviroments. Basicly Orks don't really have any control over their reproduction rate like humans do. When all the factors like nutrients, atmospheric conditions, population density etc. are right, the Orks start popping out of the ground. They can't voluntarily decide to overpopulate nor would they care to either.
I think there's a certain limit that a planet can support orks that is less than with humans who are much more able in sustaining a larger population density per square meter (advanced agriculture like hydroponics, gathering and recycling natural resources, civil engineering, hive cities...).

I'd say there are far less Orks in the galaxy than humans. But while perhaps only 1 in 10 humans are combatans, with Orks it's closer to 2 in 3 (at least 1/3 would be Grots and Snotling slaves). So even if humans outnumbered orks 3 to 1 in the galaxy, Orks would still have around the same number of warriors.

You're missing the point entirely. They indeed don't build hives. A hive full of orks is basically the fastest way possible to ensure a massive fight.

However that wasn't what I was arguing. What I'm saying is that a planet could, over its entirety, almost certainly support those vast numbers of orks which a hive planet supports (as even hive planets don't have that level of population density everywhere). Orks are incredibly tough, and are quite capable on surviving and even thriving on bloody Death Worlds - hence any planet that is entirely overrun by orks would have an enormous population of orks. Over an entire planet, considering how fast they grow and how little they need, you could indeed short-term get equal levels of population/metre squared.
That population may not be sustainable - indeed, it almost certainly couldn't be. Now normally, it would devolve into massive inter-clan squabbles (probably with tribes occasionally leaving via spaceships), unless a superbly powerful ork (i.e. Ghazghkull or other major warbosses) manages to unite the whole thing.

However, the specific hypothesis of the OP's post is that orks have basically agreed not to fight each other (much). This would mean the population would increase, probably quite quickly, to straining point, before a mass exodus of basically every ork on the planet. So you'd have hive planets worths of population going off. We're talking individual fleets of orks numbering in the tens of billions. And of course, even when the orks leave, they'd leave spores just all over the planet, so it'd probably quite quickly regrow its ork population (although almost certainly not to the same size, due to massive damage to the ecosystem).

Basically, each planet overrun would create an incredible number of orks. The more fighting that it took to overrun the planet, the worse the scenario generally - orks created would be bigger and stronger, and have more scrap to build with (although the use of WMDs would obviously limit growth).

Weirdly, Exterminatus would probably work quite well to stop this - making a planet utterly barren would stop even orks breeding much there. Of course, it's a horrendous plan for other reasons (namely, as has been pointed out, the Imperium can't afford to lose worlds), but it would at least stop each planet taken turning into a breeding-zone. This would only slow the destruction of the Imperium, it would be just as certain long-term.

As for genetics vs. orks... Well, technically, there has to be. They are still living organisms, there has to be ways of screwing with them. The Imperium's problem would be a combination of a) their technology level for that sort of development especially is really, really crap. They seem to have very little idea of how it works. And b) the Orks were specifically designed to be super-duper resistant. If the Necrons and C'tan couldn't work out how to stop them with anti-genes, then no one else (except maybe Nurgle) has a chance in hell. [Pun unintended].

Lord Damocles
28-12-2012, 10:07
Orkoids can be killed using herbicides (Dichlorophenoxyl acetic acid being the given example), which is also effective on spores (Xenology, sixth page after Ork dissection illustration).

That the Necrons/C'tan didn't wipe the Orks out (although we don't know what they did or didn't know regarding ways to exterminate them) tells us little, since we don't even know that they were particularly concerned with exterminating them - the Krork were developed towards the end of the War in Heaven to defend the Old Ones' strongholds against the Enslavers (etc.); not for conbat against the Necrons.

Rogue Star
29-12-2012, 15:44
MASSIVE ORK FLEET SEES AN IMPERIUM WORLD AND ATTACKS
THE IMPERIUM WORLD FIGHTS THEM OFF BUT DIE ANYWAYS
THE WORLD IS OVER RUN WITH ORKS
ETERMINATUS

IMPERIAL FLEET RETREATS TO ANOTHER HUMAN WORLD AND REPEAT UNTIL EITHER ALL ORKS ARE DEAD OR THERE ARE NO IMPERIAL WORLDS LEFT....

I'm pretty sure you'll run out of worlds before the galaxy runs out of Orks...

El_Machinae
05-01-2013, 15:22
The Achilles Heel of humanity is Terra. Terra's Achilles Heel is that it requires tribute to remain viable. There are stellar systems that feed the supplies and materials that Terra ends up using to maintain itself. A focused ork attack on Terra or Terra's client states could probably eventually win. A loss of the Astronomicron would hamstring humans rather fiercely, to the point where they'd have to integrate into galactic culture instead of being a monopoly. Humans would probably co-exist with orks (and Eldar and Tau and Necrons) as common citizens forced to share planets. It would be more like Warhammer Fantasy (in spaaaace) that what it is now.