PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on 2400 Vampire List

najo
22-12-2012, 01:25
Please provide feedback on this tournament army for an upcoming event. Looking to take it apart and find its weak points.

Lords
Master Necromancer
Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 4

Strigoi Ghoul King
Lore of the Vampires, Red Fury , Wizard Level 1, Skabscrath, Dragonbane Gem

Heroes
Vampire
Additional Hand Weapon, Aura of Dark Majesty, Wizard Level 1, Forbidden Lore - Beasts, The Cursed Book

Core
x38 Crypt Ghouls, champion
x5 Dire Wolves
x5 Dire Wolves
x5 Dire Wolves

x29 Zombies, Standard Bearer

x1 Corpse Cart, Balefire, Corpse Master Spear

x8 Crypt Horrors

3x Vargheist

x1 Mortis Engine - Blasphemous Tome

x1 Terrorgheist

Gooner
22-12-2012, 03:23
Black pariphat is very useful on the Necro. This way if you roll a bad magic phase or have nothing else to cast or dispel you can get the advantage. I feel like any game I have bad magic phases I find it is harder to win the game.

najo
22-12-2012, 04:08
Black pariphat is very useful on the Necro. This way if you roll a bad magic phase or have nothing else to cast or dispel you can get the advantage. I feel like any game I have bad magic phases I find it is harder to win the game.

I really want Black Periapt in there but I can't figure out how to tweak it to do that. I would have to lose red fury on the Strigoi. Not sure that's worth it.

I have balefire penalty on them and the bonuses from the mortis engine for my lore of vampire casters. Is it worth losing red fury for those two dice carrying over from their magic phase?

Kayosiv
22-12-2012, 07:01
I think you're spending too many points on offense with that vampire and not enough on defense. He's a 200 point model with the same durability as a wight. I think he'd be better off with some more magical armor, less bells and whistles, and level 2.

Gooner
22-12-2012, 08:26
I've never lost a vampire to him being killed honestly. Most from combat rez. Plus strogi can't take magic armour he has a 5+\2+ and can regen wounds easy enough. Can you droP a unit of dogs or like one crypt horror for the pariphat. It would really add the extra punch to keep your units up.

Moss
22-12-2012, 23:37
I've never lost a vampire to him being killed honestly.

Is that because your opponents dont direct attacks at your characters?

Even your average Empire state troop has a shot to kill a vampire. Something like a Saurus, an Elven elite, or an enemy hero could do it easily enough if he bothered to try.

My point? Listen to Kayosiv and get that Vampire some armor, even if it's just heavy armor and a shield.

najo
24-12-2012, 09:14
Made changes. How's this look:

Lords
Master Necromancer
Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 4, Black Periapt

Strigoi Ghoul King
Lore of the Vampires, Red Fury , Wizard Level 1, Skabscrath

Heroes
Vampire
Heavy Armor, Shield, Battle Standard, Aura of Dark Majesty, Wizard Level 1, Lore of Death, The Cursed Book

Core
x38 Crypt Ghouls, champion
x6 Dire Wolves, Doom Wolf
x6 Dire Wolves, Doom Wolf

x28 Zombies, Standard Bearer, Musician

x1 Corpse Cart, Balefire, Corpse Master Spear

x8 Crypt Horrors

3x Vargheist

x1 Mortis Engine - Blasphemous Tome

x1 Terrorgheist

Kayosiv
24-12-2012, 09:33
I don't think doom wolfs are worth it in units that small. You'd be much better served to give champions to the Crypt Horrors and Vargheist units with those points.

Get that vampire an enchanted shield instead of a regular one.

Your list only has 1 standard, which could be a problem in the Blood and Glory scenario.