PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of Nurgle

Metacarpi
23-12-2012, 21:48
I've got a 2500 point game tomorrow, and I'm taking the opportunity to field my new Beasts of Nurgle. Question is - how should I field them? I'm using them on one of my flanks, but should I use them individually, or are they more effective as a unit of 3?

HalfBlood
24-12-2012, 21:07
Dont use them they are terrible.

Novrain
24-12-2012, 21:15
Dont use them they are terrible.

Why bother replying if you are a) not going to read the OP b) be unhelpful?

To answer the original question - try and use them as roadblocks for S3/S4 infantry - the Beast is not really fast enough to tackle WM or cavalry, and will struggle against decent infantry. Given that I would probably go for running them solo if you can, get them in the way of things, hold up enemy units etc.

Sexiest_hero
24-12-2012, 22:15
I think they can make good 3 man flanking unit.

Metacarpi
25-12-2012, 11:58
Had great success fielding them as a unit of 3 - my DE opponent rushed his harpies to my Nurglings first turn, and my Nurglings wiped them out, instantly getting Poisoned Attacks of 4+ thanks to Epidemius - they ended up stripping 5 wounds off his dragon, causing it to flee and get wiped out. 300 points took out 520 odd, and possibly the most intimidating unit on the table for my opponent, breaking his mental game too.

Great success! And being as I'm using PlagueToads instead of the Beast models, they're great to look at too!