PDA

View Full Version : The Regen Horde 2,500 VC

Lord Skrolk
03-01-2013, 11:23
Easy now,

Going for something a little different. Musings and viability reports on a postcard pls

Regen Horde (Vampire Counts (old))
Lords - 405
Strigoi Ghoul King (405)
Dragonbane Gem; Sword of Bloodshed; Quickblood; Red Fury.

Heroes - 245
Necromancer (120)
Level 2 Wizard; Master of the Dead.

Necromancer (125)
Dispel Scroll; Level 2 Wizard; Lore of Death.

Core - 1,005
25 Zombies (85)
musician; standard bearer.

25 Zombies (85)
musician; standard bearer.

45 Skeleton Warriors (255)
Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer.

35 Skeleton Warriors (230)
Skeleton Champion; musician; standard bearer; The Screaming Banner; spears.

30 Crypt Ghouls (310)
Crypt Ghast.

5 Dire Wolves (40)

Special - 430
6 Crypt Horrors (238)
Crypt Haunter.

2 Fell Bats (32)

2 Bat Swarms (70)

Corpse Cart (90)

Rare - 415
Mortis Engine (240)
Blasphemous Tome.

Varghulf (175)

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones

Lordcypress
03-01-2013, 13:04
My only concern for you is when you go up against anything with a good armour save or high toughness (Steam Tanks). I could see Knights giving you all kinds of problems and I'm seeing more Knights in lists on Warseer all the time. The highest strength attack in your whole army is 5. But I don't know who you will be playing against. Maybe you'll be playing against alot of squishy armies like Skaven, other VC, Goblins. I just know in my gaming group this list would have to be modified just slightly. I'd have to bring a couple Great Weapon weilding characters or some Grave Guard with Great Weapons.

Other than those concerns I think you'll have lots of variety in your list and should be fun to play with.

Moss
03-01-2013, 23:19
To go along with lordcypress' point, I see a lot of anvils but not much that can really dish out the pain. I think you can try dropping that smaller unit of skeletons and using the points to bolster the ghouls into a sustainable combat force. This way, you have more than just the vampire that can kill things without help.