PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Empire "First Attempt"

A.Gentleman
06-01-2013, 09:36
Here's my list now with accurate point costs (hopefully :P )

Battle Wizard Lord Lore of Light or Lore of Beasts? 200
Lvl 4,

Arch Lector 250
War Alter of Sigmar

Captain of the Empire 93
BSB, Full plate, shield

Battle Wizard Lore of…..? 125
Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll

39 Swordsmen 304
Muso, Standard

10 Handgunners 100
Standard

10 Handgunners 100
Standard

10 Handgunners 100
Standard

29 Greatswords 349
Full command

4 Demigryph 262
Full Command

4 Demigryph 262
Full Command

Hellblaster Volley Gun 120

Hellblaster Volley Gun 120

Feel free to suggest any changes, question why I'm taking things and advise me in regard with what to take with any remaining points.
Thank you!

A.Gentleman

Payomeke
06-01-2013, 11:30
If you are going to use Hellbalster Volley Gun's I think you MUST use engineers with them. You also need some redirectors (archer detachments are awesome for this)

In my opinion you could take out a Handgunners regiment (or all of them) they are so expensive for the damage they do and small regiment is not a good option because they are so easy to wipe out and that means more points for your foe, add the archers instead (maybe with the greatswords, this way they have stubborn). Would change Swordsmen for Halberdier and drop one level for the battle wizard and make him beast lore with the number 0 spell, add a ruby ring of ruin, the lvl 4 could use light or life (if you are going to use light you can take out the ring).

Your captain need more protection and a crown of command would be nice. Take out the standars from Demigryph, if they run away you lose a demigryph instantaneously (3 wounds... 68 points )

A.Gentleman
06-01-2013, 23:29
Ok. You think that Hellblasters are really that volatile? Well, perhaps if I can find the points for engineers...
Why do you consider handgunners not worth their points? Also, with the small units of them, I've never found units of shooters that size to be a problem but I'm willing to have my mind changed on the subject.
Why Halberdiers over swordsmen? The extra weapon skill and parry save seem rather appealing to me. I'd also like to know your reasoning behind the wizard changes.
I'm reluctant to take the Crown of Command as it tends to get marked rather poorly in tournaments
The Demigryph changes, yep. You make a really good point there.

Maskedman5oh4
07-01-2013, 05:12
Your captain need more protection and a crown of command would be nice. Take out the standars from Demigryph, if they run away you lose a demigryph instantaneously (3 wounds... 68 points )

Why do you lose one if they run?

Payomeke
07-01-2013, 13:58
Ok. You think that Hellblasters are really that volatile? Well, perhaps if I can find the points for engineers...

I think all empire users is going to tell you that, if you are not going tu add engineers then dont use Hellblasters...

Why do you consider handgunners not worth their points? Also, with the small units of them, I've never found units of shooters that size to be a problem but I'm willing to have my mind changed on the subject.

Handgunners are ok to protect your canons and things like that but they dont do so much damage for the points they cost right now, 8 points per miniature is a lot for a core unit with Bs3. Thats my opinion.

Why Halberdiers over swordsmen? The extra weapon skill and parry save seem rather appealing to me. I'd also like to know your reasoning behind the wizard changes.

Halberdiers are more effective to fight against most of the armys in warhammer because they have S4 and are cheaper than swordsmen,it is true that swordsmen are better for defensive cause they die less but they are also more expensive and do less damage in general.

The wizard is simple, if you are going to use beast then you dont need a second spell, with the signature one (that u can choise whenever you want and be sure you are going to have it) you can have core units with S4 & T4 (in case of halberdiers S5 & T4), instead of spend points in a second level you can use it to get the ruby ring, this way you have a cheap proyectile spell to take care of redirectors units or spectral ones.

I'm reluctant to take the Crown of Command as it tends to get marked rather poorly in tournaments

With the crown you would give stubborn rule to the unit where the hero is in, is better for ICKnighsts but in this list you don't have them so is dispensable.

The Demigryph changes, yep. You make a really good point there.

Why do you lose one if they run?

Because your foe keep the standart if your regiment run away in case they lose a combat and fail the check.

Lord Solar Plexus
08-01-2013, 09:11
Battle Wizard Lord - with that list, Lore of Fire or Heavens. Re-roll 1's to hit, +1 to hit, anything to boost your shooting.

War Alter - this is a big NO-NO. Use a War Altar.

Captain - as pointed out, he's dressed for dinner, not for battle. A 2+ AS and a ward.

Battle Wizard - Lore of...? Well...? I know you're asking for input and I'd say Fire or Beasts as a secondary Lore, or Shadow for Miasma but it is a bit odd. People don't ask "State Troops - undecided" either. If you don't know the lore, what is the role and function of this model?

Handgunners - 2 kills on T3 troops at long range, 4 or so at short. That's regrettably the best you can expect, against the weakest troops around, troops that usually come in large units because they're so cheap, and that still sport the same or better combat stats than Handgunners... if they weren't core I'd suggest to swap them for a STank...

Swordsmen are good, Halberds are good. Go with Swordsmen, you've got the hitting power elsewhere.

29 Greatswords - a little small to stand up to decent combat blocks. Standard of Discipline is standard I gather (if you excuse the pun).

DGK - a Muso is all they need.

I agree that Archers and Engineers are useful. The latter is not only about preventing misfires but about ensuring hits with BS 4 and a re-roll of a low result.