PDA

View Full Version : [Eldar] Slicing Orbs of Zandros: I just had an epiphany! :)

Chrysalis
06-01-2013, 10:26
Damn, how didn't we notice it before?!?

A slicing orb is simply a ball with blades on it!

The slicing orbs are a Blood Bowl Eldar team! They incarnate Khaine aspect of the Blood Bowl player!!! :D

Mage
06-01-2013, 11:47
You just might be onto something there.

RunepriestRidcully
06-01-2013, 12:33
40k Blood bowl sounds good, fluffwise say it's a game in the arenas of the Dark Eldar?

Mage
06-01-2013, 12:54
40k Blood bowl sounds good, fluffwise say it's a game in the arenas of the Dark Eldar?

Game = torture with Dark Eldar. They could have been an Aspect Temple that did not survive the fall, but that is only speculation on my behalf.

Chrysalis
06-01-2013, 13:07
Game = torture with Dark Eldar. They could have been an Aspect Temple that did not survive the fall, but that is only speculation on my behalf.

Aspect temple were founded after the fall. But I could see some game-lover disciple of Asurmen dedicating himself to Blood Bowl and founding a temple - this would mean that there is a BB Phoenix Lord! :)

Who knows where warp portals could lead?

Mage
06-01-2013, 13:50
You sure about that? Because one of the original Phoenix Lords, the first Scorpion one, wasn't he lost before the fall, the 'Dark Phoenix'?

On a different note, I mean, maybe an Aspect Temple of some sort could have been founded. I mean, surely some Eldar get obsessed with sports and working out instead of painting. You know, the really buff ones that eventually become Dark Reapers?

Lord-Caerolion
06-01-2013, 13:58
this would mean that there is a BB Phoenix Lord! :)

Well, not necessarily. The special characters aren't just phoenix lords, they're the Asuryata, the original pupils of Asurmen. Phoenix Lord in the wider sense can apparently mean an Exarch whose shrine has been destroyed, according to one of the Index Xenos article on Biel-Tan, if I recall correctly. So Phoenix Lord, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. Asuryata Phoenix Lord? No. We know who those were, and even the Warp Spiders and Shining Spears don't (currently, who knows what future ret-cons will bring?) have a member of the Asuryata.

Chrysalis
06-01-2013, 14:04
You sure about that? Because one of the original Phoenix Lords, the first Scorpion one, wasn't he lost before the fall, the 'Dark Phoenix'?

Aspect paths, as well as all the other paths, were created to ensure the new eldar way of life and prevent what led to the fall. I think that the first one to walk the path of the warrior was Asurmen.

Mage
06-01-2013, 14:20
I'd buy a bloodbowl phoenix lord.

El_Machinae
06-01-2013, 15:30
The BB Phoenix Lord must rake in tons of sponsorship cash.

Mage
06-01-2013, 16:14
The BB Phoenix Lord must rake in tons of sponsorship cash.

I hear their exclusive sponsor are the Ultramarines.

Chrysalis
06-01-2013, 16:46
I hear their exclusive sponsor are the Ultramarines.

"Ultramarine: Ultra fresh for your bathroom."

The sponsor thing made me think of "Mystery Men" Captain Amazing :

http://media.theiapolis.com/d4/hIE/i2071/k4/l20UM/wZJ/greg-kinnear-as-captain-amazing-in-mystery.jpg

Poseidal
07-01-2013, 08:31
I actually think that the warriors were a different line of Eldar civilisation to the Craftworlders and Dark Eldar (and not Exodites or Harlequin either) who had planetary settlements earlier.

Their way was more monastic though, and could not continue so most went to the Craftworlders, with a tiny amount settling among the Dark Eldar.

Chrysalis
07-01-2013, 08:34
I actually think that the warriors were a different line of Eldar civilisation to the Craftworlders and Dark Eldar (and not Exodites or Harlequin either) who had planetary settlements earlier.

Their way was more monastic though, and could not continue so most went to the Craftworlders, with a tiny amount settling among the Dark Eldar.

In Asurmen's story, it's said (although I don't remember where...) that he settled the very first temple on a world (and not a craftworld) whose name was the same as the Eldar's origin world. So you have to be right!

grumbaki
07-01-2013, 22:37
Now that'd be a great unit for your army. Imagine an Eldar army where you use bloodbowl players as striking scorpions. :)