PDA

View Full Version : Return to fantasy and Lizardmen 1000pts

RunepriestRidcully
06-01-2013, 13:22
So I am returning to Fantasy, and with my first army, lizardmen. I've tried making a 1000pts list, with two blocks of saurus, which I like and my two old charecters, Scar veteran Quetzalcoatl andf the Skink priest Rincewind (named so as the first dozen or so games when I first started always envolved him either running or pulling off impressive irresistable force on spell before running or getting killed :P. Only problem is I am 38pts over, and I'm not sure what to drop.
Saurus Scar veteran Quetzlcoatl with Armour of Fortune , Gold sigil sword and shield138pts
Skink Priest Rincewind with second level and Plaque of Tepok 115pts
Saurus warriors with spears, champion, musician and standard bearer 330pts
25 Saurus Warriors with champion, Musician and standard bearer 305pts
Salamander hunting pack with 2 salamanders 150pts
Total: 1038pts
Any advice?

Moss
06-01-2013, 16:30
To get under 1000pts, I would drop a unit of saurus. You can use the 250 or so extra points to get some much needed skinks (one or two units of skirmishers, and a unit of chameleons) into your list. Skinks will make it harder for your enemy to engage your saurus on their terms (or avoid them altogether).

On a side note, split those salamanders into two units and get them extra handlers.

Welcome back!

RunepriestRidcully
06-01-2013, 16:47
Will have to find the skinks, and repaint them, I never finished painting them, something about them just drove me crazy painting them. So dropping the second saurus unit for two units of ten skink skirmishers, splitting the salamanders into two units each with extra handellers and possibly bulk the remaining saurus unit to 30 or 35 strong? And which saurus unit should I drop? If I have the points, it may be an idea to instead of the second skink skirmisher unit to take a unit of terradons? c.3-4?

Moss
07-01-2013, 00:37
Terradons are a good idea, especially if you don't have chameleons. Though, I would forego the extra saurus instead of the second skimk unit. Another reason to consider skinks is that they help keep your priest safe. Anything that might get through your lines and in range of the priest will likely get a face full of poisoned darts.

And I know what you mean about painting skinks. It's a little overwhelming when the come in boxes of 24. And they're so cheap points-wise that all your effort goes to waste on a semi-sacrificial unit.

RunepriestRidcully
07-01-2013, 13:18
Here is the new list:
Saurus Scar veteran Quetzlcoatl with Armour of Fortune , Gold sigil sword and shield138pts
Skink Priest Rincewind with second level, Plaque of Tepok and Iron curse icon 120pts
30 Saurus Warriors with champion, Musician and standard bearer 360pts
10 Skink skirmishers 70pts
10 skink skirmishers 70pts
3 Terradon riders 90pts
Salamander hunting pack with 2 salamanders 150pts
Total: 998pts
Must admit I am not sure about the plaque of tepok, I used to always take it and I believe it is still good, I'm just thinking it may be worth dropping a saurus and swap it out for the Diadem of power as that would also be very usefull, and like the plaque of tepok, maximize the usage I get out of the power dice I roll, I guess it mainly comes down to wherever I want the skink priest to be helping more through his spells of his dispelling, both options are nice, though looking at the lore of heavens I may stick with the plaque of tepok, though lore of heavens is not as bad as it was last edition.

Moss
08-01-2013, 00:48
You can't go wrong with either item. If you plan to actually use your priest to cast spells, the Plaque of Tepok is better. The last thing you want is to get stuck with Wind Blast as your second spell. The plaque ensures that you get at least two useful spells.