PDA

View Full Version : 1250 point High Elf Tournament List (PEACH)

Citadel97501
12-01-2013, 02:24
Hello all, I have an upcoming tournament on the 26th and I was hoping to get some opinions on this list. My intention is to have my immortal wizard in the Spear-men to give me magic superiority, the great eagles I plan to use as anti-war machine or redirect tools. The Phoenix Guard I consider a power house tank that can still cut down most other units at this point level.

Arch Mage
-Talisman of Saphery
-Forlariath's Robe
-Lore of Life or go for Shadows?

Noble
-Battle Standard
-Great Weapon
-Armor of Caledor
-Amulet of Light

31 x Spear-Men
-Full Command
-Standard of Discipline

20 x Phoenix Guard
-Musician, Banner
-Banner of Sorcery

Great Eagle
Great Eagle

Moss
12-01-2013, 03:45
I would drop the BSB and replace him with a unit that can reliably do serious damage. Maybe some dragon princes?

And go Lore of Shadow. Life is too defensive; you'll need help killing things.

Kahadras
12-01-2013, 14:34
I'm a bit concerned about a couple of things. The list lacks ranged firepower to deal with enemy chaff or weaken enemy block units. It also doesn't seem to have an answer to enemy monsters or heavy cavalry (apart from grinding them down in combat). I'd recommend a few changes...

I'd think about making the Archmage a bit cheaper by dropping the magic items. You could save a lot of points by taking him as a level 3 with the Silver Wand to give him 4 spells. That would save at least 70 points which could be spent elsewhere. I'd seriously thing about going for Beasts as his lore as it has spells which could help to cover weaknesses. Wildform is a great spell to get off on the the Phoenix Guard as it makes them strength 5 and even harder to kill (toughness 4, 5+ armour save, 4+ ward save). Amber Spear provides a solid chance to deal with enemy monsters (especialy the larger version) and cavalry (if you can catch them with a flank shot). Curse of Anraheir is good for locking down an enemy unit for a turn. Pelt is useful to help keep the Archmage alive while Savage Beast will turn the BSB into a murder machine granting him 6 attacks at strength 9.

I'd drop the Amulet of Light from the BSB to save points.

I'd convert the Spearmen into Archers and split them into a unit of 19 with FC (as a bunker of the Archmage) and a unit of 10 with musician (as a cheap drop). I've done a rough estimation that by droping magic items and switching to Archers you can also probably afford to add another Great Eagle into the army as well...

Archmage + silver wand

BSB + great weapon and armour of caledor

19 Archer + FC
10 Archers + musician

20 Phoenix Guard + musician, standard bearer and banner of sorcery

Great Eagle
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

The changes give you 4 cheap drops before you have to start deploying big units or characters. The extra Eagle gives the list more mobility. The Archers give the army some options in the shooting phase. The Archmage can use his magic to support the Phoenix Guard, beef up the BSB, slow down enemy units or threaten enemy monsters/cavalry (depending on spells).

Kahadras

MR. GRUMPY
12-01-2013, 19:35
Needs more bodies. I would consider running a level 2 in this list and get that PG block some support. Maybe a group of white lions for tough stuff they will have problem wounding.

Citadel97501
12-01-2013, 20:09
I have worked out an adjustment taking some of the opinions shown here, but why the hate on the immortal wizard? He allows me to have a leadership 10 in the army, and is nearly indestructible?

At this low points level, the Lion Chariot should give me a bit of a punch for supported charges and unlike the Tiranoc Chariots it can handle at least one round of combat. I have added some shooting as it seems to have been a good idea since others may have a deflection unit like sabretusks, although I am concerned about 110 points that may just instantly die. I added a third Great Eagle although I was tempted to make an air force guy, (Noble with GW on a Great Eagle)

Arch Mage
-Talisman of Saphery
-Forlariath's Robe
-Lore of Shadows

19 x Spear-Men
-Full Command
-Standard of Discipline

10 x Archers

16 x Phoenix Guard
-Musician, Banner
-Banner of Sorcery

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Great Eagle
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

MR. GRUMPY
12-01-2013, 23:47
No hate toward the indestructable mage but for this point level he is a big point investment. :) In fact hes so expensive I tend to not run him in 2k + because I cant justify the points rather then just bunker him someplace safe. And a lot of people who use him go Life which is safer misscast-wise and lets you use the signature spell more effectivly. I dont really see any benefit to him in this list.

And I still dont see how you will kill some things thrown at you. PG and spears are generally used as anvils (spears morseso to add bodycount and negate steadfast) A hydra, HPA or the likes will wreck your chariot up and proceed to eat your army. o.o