PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Horus heresy Imperial Fists. Picture Heavy:)

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 12:37
A bit of background...
Imperial Fists have always been my favourite chapter but I've always had a problem with how most people paint marine chapters as though they have all stepped out of the shower, Not saying its a bad thing! Just in my opinion marines should be battle hardened, dirty and damaged.
So I wanted Heresy style, gave me all the excuses needed to make them battle damaged and give them over the top weathering!
This blog will show my progress, my painting skills ( are not the best) and I need feedback! As much as possible!

Thankyou for taking the time to look and comment and hopefully subscribe:)!

This is a list of what I have so far....
1x Contemptor with Kheres and fist.
1x relic contemptor (wip)
10x iron armour tac squad.
5x iron armour auto cannon squad.
12x MKIV volkite squad. ( split into 2 6man squads) wip.
18x MKIV tactical marines. Wip.
1x legion praetor.

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 13:10
Volkite WIP and auto cannons 161391161390

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 13:15
More shots....161393

the damned artificer
13-01-2013, 13:22
Looking good so far, looks a lot like the colour scheme used by TemplarsCrusade01 :)

I personally think it would improve the thread a lot if you use the [img] tag when posting pictures as you don't have to fiddle around with attached pictures :)

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 13:26
Looking good so far, looks a lot like the colour scheme used by TemplarsCrusade01 :)

I personally think it would improve the thread a lot if you use the [img] tag when posting pictures as you don't have to fiddle around with attached pictures :)

Yeah I use his weathering scheme but for the yellow I don't use army painter yellow haha:)
just chaos black undercoat, iyanden yellow coat followed by golden yellow till smooth.

and yeah I need a bit more practice with all the thread tools when uploading pictures... Doing it via iPad lol!

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 13:33
Rear of auto cannons...

Tybalt Andrus
13-01-2013, 13:54
Looking not bad so far - can't help but feel that the bases could use a bit more 'pop' though. Can we see the Legion Praetor in more detail, please?

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 14:38
Looking not bad so far - can't help but feel that the bases could use a bit more 'pop' though. Can we see the Legion Praetor in more detail, please?

Will upload a picture this evening.
and I fully agree with you on the bases, part of my next order will include basing supplies, I'm aiming for mud puddles over the stone affect.

the damned artificer
13-01-2013, 20:28
Uhh black undercoat? I'd strongly recommend going with a grey or alternatively a white undercoat, I personally swear to grey. I know that the high pigmentation of the foundation colours lend them towards good coverage over black, but for all yellow models with black details it'd be much easier to go the other way around as you can get much smoother coats of yellow that way :)

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 20:59
The damned artificer could you please explain to me how to get pictures full sized on my thread when I upload, guess I'm being an idiot at this but I can not figure it out.
Thankyou!

Meridian20
13-01-2013, 21:18
Legion Praetor as promised, I apologise for the bad quality picture, haven't got a pro camera.
Still needs base finishing off.

the damned artificer
10-02-2013, 14:38
The easiest way to do it is to open your picture up in another window, right click it and copy the pictures URL (the direct link to its location)

Then you use the IMG tag to display it in your post, this can be done by chooseing the insert image button and choose the 'from URL' option and copy pasting the link, or it can be done manually by writting the tag yourself (Which is really easy actually)

An example:
[img*]http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161458&d=1358111815[/img*]

The IMG tag is in red here, and is a set of brackets [] with the word img in them (The * is not supposed to be there but I put it there as it allows you to see the code, as otherwise you'd only see the picture, so don't include the *) the / in the last tag means it's closed and everything in between the two tags is regarded by the computer as a picture file. The picture's URL go between the set of tags.

When the *'s are removed it looks like this:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161458&d=1358111815

Hope this makes any sense, if not throw me a PM and I'll try to help you better :)