PDA

View Full Version : Heresy Era Legion Equipment and Formation Encyclopaedia

Captain Denarius
13-01-2013, 22:47
Preface
Hello all, Captain Denarius here.

After reading Betrayer by Aaron Dembski-Bowden and Betrayal by Alan Bligh and John French, it became pretty clear to me that Black Library and Forgeworld are sharing plans with one another. Units, formations and weapons from the fiction are slowly being converted into a tabletop format. I don’t know if this is a result of Forgeworld telling the authors of what they may sculpt in time, or of Black library telling the game designers of units they thought up, or some mixture of the two, but certainly there is crossover. For example, there were Destroyer characters in Betayer, matching the tabletop, but there were also ‘Vap-guns’ and ‘lucifer class dreadnoughts’, as yet unseen in miniature form.

So, with an eye to the future, I would like to try and collect every description of everything described by the novels that have not yet been converted into table top form. With the great power of the internet, I believe we would have a better idea of what is to come, than the so-called rumour-mongers over in the News and Rumours section

I will be updating the original post of this thread every second day. Additions to the encyclopaedia can be either PM’d to me, or just posted here in the thread. I will endeavour to make sure that the information in this thread is fully cited, and I would ask that others try to do the same.

Over the next few weeks, I plan to try and read through the most recent Horus Heresy novels, novellas and short stories, starting with the most recent working my way backwards towards the start.

Captain Denarius
13-01-2013, 22:48
Reserved

Words for the word god

Captain Denarius
13-01-2013, 22:49
Reserved

Words for the Word god