PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Undivided Mortal Chaos

BDJV
19-05-2006, 09:09
This is the list I've been using lately. I got bored with my Knights of Chaos list.

It has been pretty successful the only losses have been to a skaven hoard and Brets. So far I've beaten the Empire, High Elves, Dwarfs, Dark elves, Lizzies, and 2 Chaos armies.

The hardest fought victory was against a Tzeentch Chaos knight/chariot army. It was a total cheddar List.

Exalted Champion General “Krug the Beheader”
Rending sword, enchanted shield
Accompanies the Marauder block

Exalted Champion “Count Metalmane”
Extra hand weapon
Accompanies the Chosen Warriors

Chaos sorcerer “Scrath Hellheart”
Lvl 2, Dispel scroll
Accompanies the Warriors

Bray shaman “Korath the Weaver”
Chaos armor, Bray staff, Dispel scroll
Accompanies the Beast herd

12 Marauders
Flails, Musician
Arranged 6x2

12 Marauders
Flails, Musician
Arranged 6x2

23 Marauders
Light armor, shields, and full command
Arranged 6x4

17 Chaos Warriors
Shields and full command
War banner
Arranged 6x3

12 Chosen Chaos Warriors
Great weapons, Standard-bearer
Arranged 6x2

8 Warhounds of Chaos

8 Warhounds of Chaos

6 Warhounds of Chaos

6 Marauder Horse
Flails, Musician

Chaos Chariot

Chaos Chariot

Beast herd
8 Gors, 11 Ungors, extra hand weapons and full command

8 Furies of Chaos

Spawn Fiend of Slaanesh

138 models
5 power dice
4 Dispel dice

Goblin Ninja
23-05-2006, 08:51
Wow. Very diverse, all in all. Seems like a tight list!

BDJV
24-05-2006, 06:07
List two! After some sound advice and a few games I've made some adjustments. I switched out the chaos chariots for tuskgor chariots, added a champion to the chosen warriors, increased the level of the bray shaman, and added better magic items to my Exalted's.

I must say, I like the way it looks.

Exalted Champion General “Krug the Beheader”
Gaze of the Gods, Sword of Might, Shield
Accompanies the Marauder block

Exalted Champion “Count Metalmane”
Helm of Many Eyes, Great weapon
Accompanies the Chosen Warriors

Chaos sorcerer “Scrath Hellheart”
Lvl 2, Dispel scroll
Accompanies the Warriors

Bray shaman “Korath the Weaver”
Lvl 2, Chaos armor, Bray staff, Dispel scroll
Accompanies the Beast herd

12 Marauders
Flails, Musician
Arranged 6x2

12 Marauders
Flails, Musician
Arranged 6x2

23 Marauders
Light armor, shields, and full command
Arranged 5x5

17 Chaos Warriors
Shields and full command
War banner
Arranged 6x3

12 Chaos Warriors
Great weapons and full command
Arranged 6x2

8 Warhounds of Chaos

8 Warhounds of Chaos

6 Warhounds of Chaos

6 Marauder Horse
Flails, Musician

Tuskgor Chariot

Tuskgor Chariot

Beast herd
8 Gors, 11 Ungors, extra hand weapons and full command

8 Furies of Chaos

Spawn Fiend of Slaanesh

138 models
6 power dice
4 Dispel dice

What do you think?

Inferno0429
24-05-2006, 20:28
Might I ask why you prefer to have almost no rank but all frontage? How has that been working out for you? Does the CR hurt you any? Or are you killing enough to make up for the lack of rank bonuses.

BDJV
24-05-2006, 23:01
I've been pretty successful so far. Bret's and Skaven have given my the most trouble. I've been baiting them in with the hounds or some other fruitless charge, while setting up for mutual flank charges. Each unit in the army cooperates with the rest.

Combat resolution can be a bear, but I'd rather have attacks over ranks in most cases. With most of the units I'm starting off down by 3 (2 ranks and numbers) As long as I hold while being charged I will strike first due to my initive most of the time, getting my licks in and limiting his response.

I am still testing the list. I've only had 15 games with it. I've won ten games so far, it seems like I may be on to something.

The best unit in the list is the Chosen Warriors with great weapons and the exalted with the helm. They eat infantry regiments like a hot knife through butter!

Bortus
25-05-2006, 00:23
Hey BDVJ, first let me just say that I love the names you came up with for your characters! Awesome dude! I say this because a lot of people don't like giving names and such but it's ok because they are simple little close minded things anyway and we will talk of them no longer! Ha, ha!!! I name all of mine to because at least for me it gives me more of a sense of it being my army, you know? It could be the D&D background as well but me and my buds name all of them and do as much model converting as possible to further seperate our armies from everybody elses. I do like your army composition, it kinda reminds me of my Undivided army in a lot of ways. I personally don't use Tuskgor chariots but I do run 2 in my 2500 games. So tell me how effective are your Marauder Horsemen? I still think they're to expensive even though I love the models.

BDJV
25-05-2006, 01:43
Hey BDVJ, first let me just say that I love the names you came up with for your characters! Awesome dude! I say this because a lot of people don't like giving names and such but it's ok because they are simple little close minded things anyway and we will talk of them no longer! Ha, ha!!! I name all of mine to because at least for me it gives me more of a sense of it being my army, you know? It could be the D&D background as well but me and my buds name all of them and do as much model converting as possible to further seperate our armies from everybody elses. I do like your army composition, it kinda reminds me of my Undivided army in a lot of ways. I personally don't use Tuskgor chariots but I do run 2 in my 2500 games. So tell me how effective are your Marauder Horsemen? I still think they're to expensive even though I love the models.

Thanks Bortus, I've been naming my charactors since 1st edition.:D

I love my Marauder horse, they have saved my bacon more times than I can count. The marauder horse and tuskgor chariots are my mobile reserve in the army.