PDA

View Full Version : Interex

Haskear
17-01-2013, 17:07
Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying to put together a small interex squad, purely for fun. The thing is I'm not particularly gifted at sculpting (or painting for that matter!) so I've been looking for appropriate models to kit bash. My preference so far would be based around the enforcer models from mantic, they are a little bulkier than i was after but are still a little more slim line than marines. I definitely don't want them looking eldar like so I want to drear clear of using them as a base model. I'll then use the Temistokles heads from puppets war for the spartan like heads. Unfortunately the puppets war set of heads are all slightly different, you get two of each design.

I have one main question, how tall are the enforcers? In Horus rising the interex are described as being as tall as an astartes but slimmer. So I'd like to achieve that if possible.

Phase two will be to look at the centaur attachment and three some Kindbrach auxiliaries. I haven't put much thought into these yet so I'm keen for suggestions on models that would make good starting points.

If anyone else has any interex based incarnations please post I'd be keen to see them.

Cheers all, I may even get round to posting some pics of the conversions if it goes to plan.

Haskear
06-04-2013, 21:29
So I now have looked at both mantic enforcers and infinity myrmidons and although I like both models neither feel right when compared to a space marine, they just don't have a 40k look to them. So I've decided to go down the route of using eldar as a base and humanising them.

malika
06-04-2013, 22:15
Pictures or it didn't happen.

By the way, you might want to ask the fellows over at The First Expedition for some advice. :)

Haskear
08-04-2013, 14:51
Pictures or it didn't happen.

By the way, you might want to ask the fellows over at The First Expedition for some advice. :)

Cheers ill definitely look in to it, has nearly happened, just airing for the bits to arrive!