PDA

View Full Version : Twin Soulgrinders?

Dante blackfur
21-01-2013, 00:42
so with the new DoC book (most likely) coming out in February, and giving the current official update do you think that Twin Soulgrinders will be like twin Aboms from Skaven? the new cheese list?

what are your thoughts comments?

Mchagen
21-01-2013, 00:48
It's amusing how many people on this forum still believe DoC in February. Check the rumor thread for details about that.

In regards to your question, no I doubt any monster will be on the level of the abom, and none should be--it was a mistake to give it the rules/cost it has and it's unlikely that gw design feel differently at this point.

Lord Inquisitor
21-01-2013, 00:53
so with the new DoC book (most likely) coming out in February, and giving the current official update do you think that Twin Soulgrinders will be like twin Aboms from Skaven? the new cheese list?
Na, not if their rules aren't better.

Soul Grinders are tough, but they really don't kill stuff very well and daemonic instability is a real pest. They're good for throwing in the way of something nasty and they can thunderstomp infantry but just doesn't do anything really well. They can shoot but again, that means they're not charging...

The cost is pretty prohibitive too, especially if you want a greater daemon (and you probably do with double soul grinder). In a 2500 point list that's about all you get. 25% lords (GD), 25% core (mandatory) and 25% rare (2 soul grinders). That only leaves you 25% for any heralds you want, special units, etc.

You can certainly have two soul grinders but far from the new cheese, it's a soft option. Rumors of new daemon engines including a flier might be a different story. Soul grinders might get a buff or at least some more sensible costing (why is a bolt thrower priced more expensive than a fire thrower and stone thrower?)

In regards to your question, no I doubt any monster will be on the level of the abom, and none should be--it was a mistake to give it the rules/cost it has and it's unlikely that gw design feel differently at this point.
Have you played against the K'Daai Destroyer? (That's FW design not GW design I suppose, but still...)

In general monsters have been pretty demure in 8th edition but that one sticks out like a sore thumb. Or perhaps a broken thumb?

Xerkics
21-01-2013, 02:40
Id just pretend they dont exist in Fantasy, besides Greater Daemons are much cooler.

Kalandros
21-01-2013, 04:36
My biggest problems with twin grinders is, 520 pts, max of 1 fiend in 2500 pts games or no fiends at all if you take shooting options on both grinders.
Lets hope for March release on DoC o;

I've made a Slaanesh Soulgrinder, its the Forgeworld Keeper with fire out its top horns and holding a ball of flames in its right hand, represents either the Phlegm or Baleful upgrades.
Just need to finish that right arm~

Mchagen
21-01-2013, 12:10
Have you played against the K'Daai Destroyer? (That's FW design not GW design I suppose, but still...)

I think you made your own point against your case.