PDA

View Full Version : How to generate spells with the old Lores (Tzeentch)

greenmonsta
21-01-2013, 19:50
So I was about to start a game with my warriors of chaos and we were generating spells (I used Tzeentch). I rolled 2,4,6. Now I have always played it that you could drop, lets say the 2, down to the #1 spell just like the signature spells for BRB lores or am I stuck with what I roll unless I rolled doubles. Which is correct and if you could give me the reference, so I can show the guys I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

Scalebug
21-01-2013, 20:08
What spell you can swap one for is listed by each lore (or, in the case of Skaven, by each type of Wizard).

Normally this is the #1 on the list, which essentially is the "signature spell", even if not called such.

greenmonsta
21-01-2013, 20:15
Could you tell me where it says that? I'm just trying to get a reference for the guys. Thx.

Scalebug
21-01-2013, 20:18
At the top of the page giving the rules for the Lore (of Tzeentch in this case), before the D6 table listing the spells.

"Any sorcerer can swap one spell for [the #1 spell, don't know which it is] if you want to" or some words to that effect.

greenmonsta
21-01-2013, 20:25
Thx for the help!

Scalebug
21-01-2013, 20:39
You're welcome.

Possibly worth of notice is that this swap in older books also is included in the allowance for duplicating spells, as written out in the BRB:

"If the army book or spell lore clearly states that a model can exchange another spell for the spell in question."

...and that Warriors of Chaos is next book out now, so it's not going to be an issue for you for much longer... :)