PDA

View Full Version : Orcs vs. Wood Elves 2500pts

Lordcypress
22-01-2013, 12:22
Hey lads this a boarder clash on one of Athel Lorens boarders where an invasion force of Orcs and Goblins take on some defending Wood Elves. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-eC90MGn2I

TsukeFox
23-01-2013, 15:01
So the forbidden rods power dice just goes to the pool- not the caster that owns it.

Tough luck war boss.

The wood elf player could have benefitted from having his glade guard unit broken up instead on one giant block- that way less is lost if & when a combat unit gets into the archers.
& more drops are always good.

Lordcypress
23-01-2013, 16:31
The power dice generated by the forbidden rod only go to the bearer of the item. Normally I would agree about splitting up the glade guard but with their awesome range and volley fire rule it seems to work well for him. Not to mention he has a decent steadfast.

Djekar
23-01-2013, 17:57
The power dice generated by the forbidden rod only go to the bearer of the item.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? The item says "The forbidden rod adds + D6 dice to the power pool at the start of the caster's own magic phase ... " and then goes on to talk about the consequences. It says it adds them power pool, not a specific, caster only power pool. When the dice are separated it is stated pretty specifically, e.g. Power of Darkness.

Malorian
23-01-2013, 18:14
For a lot of other cases the model the generates the dice has to use it, not sure what the faq said on this one.

Lordcypress
23-01-2013, 19:58
Well that's good news indeed. Like I said it was my first time using this item. I must have misread it. I probably assumed that since the bearer of the item had to take the d3wounds only he got the dice. My mistake.

Mchagen
24-01-2013, 06:57
A suggestion for the batrep would be a few more 'in between' pictures for some of the more important events you were describing. Otherwise, excellent job.

Lordcypress
24-01-2013, 12:29
@Mchagen,

Ya I noticed I had the sequence of some of my pictures were not in line with some of my commentary. I'll tighten that up in the rematch. Thanks for the heads up.