PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 1000 test force, C&C needed

Rsmith2233
23-01-2013, 02:39
I am looking for some feedback on this 1000 point test list for lizardmen, before I comit to buying any miniatures, all C&C welcome.

total: 993
Lords:216
Saurus old blood, sword of the hornet (ASF), talisman of endurance (5+ ward), light armour and shield

Heroes:180
Skink priest: rod of the storm
Skink priest: dispell scroll

Core: 597
16 Saurus warriors, champion and standard bearer
16 saurus warriors, champion and standard bearer
10 skink skirmishers
10 skink skirmishers
11 skink skirmishers

Skinks provide a screen for the saurus, old blood goes in one of the saurus units, can the priests be put in skirmisher units? otherwise put them either alone or in a saurus unit (presuming this is allowed, if someone could verify this)

Moss
23-01-2013, 02:57
The priest can be put with skirmishers. That said, I would either take a single priest, or drop them both altogether. They're honetly not worth the points. I also would swap the oldblood for a scar-vet. Again, you have only 1000pts. It's not worth it to blow so many points in characters. Mount the scar-vet and give him the dawn stone. There aren't many things at this point level that can take down a T5 saurus with a rerollable 1+ AS. You can even get away with throwing him at enemy units with success.

The unit choices look good. With the points saved on characters you can probably afford a salamander and maybe some chameleons (you can convert the leftover skirmishers to save some cash). I also would increase the size of the saurus units to 18 and run them (6x3) for maximum effectiveness.

So basically, you have the right idea; you're just spending too much on characters for this size game.

Rsmith2233
23-01-2013, 06:48
thanks for the feedback, an updated list is:
Scar veteren, coldone, light arrmour, shield, dawn stone
skink priest, rod of the storm
2x 16 saurus warriors, champion, standard bearer
2x 10 skirmish skinks
2x 10 chameleon skinks with stalkers

zielonkak
23-01-2013, 09:43
a much more solid list in my opinion...if you have any points left over, i would consider switching the regular shield for a charmed shield on vet, and adding the venom of the fire fly if the points work.

Khar
23-01-2013, 10:15
I'm not sure if chameleons need to be in 10s. Makes unit a bit unwieldy and might be a bit of and overkill against intended targets. Also, it's a matter of personal preference, but I'd rather use one huge block of saurus than two smaller. 16 will lose rank fast, and when they lose ranks, they break. 32 will hold their ground much longer.

Plus, really, you should try to fit a salamander somewhere in there, these things are crazy powerful.

zielonkak
23-01-2013, 17:01
even if they loose the back rank, they will be fine..the warriors are very durable...just pick your battles..dont charge them up to a unit of 40 or 50 man blocks unless you are going to hit them on the flank...