PDA

View Full Version : Honour the Dead

malika
24-01-2013, 12:20
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2013/01/titan-blog/full-big.jpg

Check the cover!!!

CaptainSenioris
24-01-2013, 12:29
...and Neil Roberts has has thusly sold me another HH book/audio/product through his artwork alone.

Glad to see they've managed to modernise the old beetleback warlord without keeping to the old spindly legs!

Only criticism I can come up with is that the blue warlord looks more like it's being sucker-punched than participating in an actual fight. They've gone to the trouble to put in motion blur for the power fist, they could at least have done the same for the chain blades.

M'ichal
24-01-2013, 14:21
yeah, this is an awesome cover, very dynamic, original and refreshing given the usual SM subjects. At first, I couldn't figure out the pose of the blue titan but once I found the head, I see what's where =) The power fist seems to have a strange attachment though, it seems like it's connected to the main body with a thin metal rod, giving a big Pop-eye effect, but I'm too familiar with the anatomy of Titans.

budman
24-01-2013, 14:35
That's one heck of a cover

ThePope
24-01-2013, 17:20
That's one hell of a world eater/ultramarine boxing match!

Sqallum
24-01-2013, 17:28
Apparently it is by Gav Thorpe ( I think.)

MiyamatoMusashi
24-01-2013, 18:06
Fantastic picture.

thor2006
24-01-2013, 19:57
What is the book about?

MajorWesJanson
24-01-2013, 23:20
Rock-em Sock-em Titans!

I wonder if that is just the Artist's take on the Warlord, or if it is based off of say an upcoming FW model. Hopefully the former.
Hope this is a book though, not a novella or audio drama. And hope it is a followup to Mechanicum.

malika
25-01-2013, 02:08
What is the book about?

HONOUR TO THE DEAD - Gav Thorpe - Apr 2013
Audio drama set during the invasion of Calth. Two Titan legions fight for control of a city, wiping out whole regiments of Army troopers and civilians almost by accident. Contains continuity links to "other new 40k projects".

HereticHammer01
25-01-2013, 10:35
Awesome art. Titans tend to make for some rather destructive action so this should be one to look forward to.

budman
25-01-2013, 14:53
HONOUR TO THE DEAD - Gav Thorpe - Apr 2013
Audio drama set during the invasion of Calth. Two Titan legions fight for control of a city, wiping out whole regiments of Army troopers and civilians almost by accident. Contains continuity links to "other new 40k projects".

Contains continuity links to "other new 40k projects" that sounds good

M'ichal
25-01-2013, 16:16
Contains continuity links to "other new 40k projects" that sounds good

the whole Calth chapter seems to be getting crazy coverage, what with all the novels, now this audio and the upcoming graphic novel

MajorWesJanson
25-01-2013, 18:22
Well, Calth is one of the areas they are expanding on in the Heresy, and it gives the UM a lot more to do for the 7 years than just hang out before trying to go to Terra.
Wish it wasn't an Audio Drama though. We need more Titan stories in print form.

DarkChaplain
26-01-2013, 02:13
Well, Calth is one of the areas they are expanding on in the Heresy, and it gives the UM a lot more to do for the 7 years than just hang out before trying to go to Terra.
Wish it wasn't an Audio Drama though. We need more Titan stories in print form.

As far as I remember, the story was already published as a chapbook for the german Games Day last year - in german. That includes a dodgy title translation, and all copies were hand-signed by Gav. It was supposed to kindle interest in the german releases by the Black Library.
So since there already is a print form as opposed to having been written like a script for an audio drama in the first place, I think it is safe to assume that it will be included in some anthology sometime down the road, though it won't be in Mark of Calth.

DarkWarrior1981
26-01-2013, 09:04
The DarkChaplain is correct. This one was on sale as a chapbook, 1500 copies total. German title is 'Die Toten zu Ehren'. The story itself is quite okay, the translation however is not, so I will buy the original one for sure. :)

laudarkul
30-01-2013, 17:50
Amazing cover!!!!Just wowwwww...