PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Qs about Engine of Gods and magic items

thedarkfourth
25-01-2013, 12:47
Reposted from the introductions forum:

In the Army Book, it says that a Skink Priest with an Engine of the Gods "is counted as a wizard of one level higher for the purposes of generating power dice and dispel dice, and for determining the maximum number of dice he may use to cast a spell." But in the Rule Book, I can't see any reference to one's wizard level being used to determine power dice generation or maximum dice for casting - as far as I can tell one's wizard level only determines what you add to your casting roll. So does this engine of the gods rule make any difference as far as wizard levels are concerned? It annoys me slightly that it holds out the prospect of granting an extra level, only to specify advantages that don't have anything to do with levels....is this something to do with outdated rules? Am I allowed to pretend that the EoG grants me a +1 to casting? Pretty please?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid and/or if the question gets asked a lot. Thanks in advance.

Also, in general, are you allowed to choose any magic items that are listed at the end of the Rule Book? Or just ones in the army book?

jtrowell
25-01-2013, 12:51
This is a holdover from previous editions where the number of power and dispel dice depended on your wizard level, you can ignore this part, it is probably changed anyway on the FAQ (or should be)

Artiee
25-01-2013, 13:01
In Lizardman FAQ 1.4.

Page 55 – Stegadons, Engine of the Gods
Change the first sentence of the final paragraph to “In addition,
a Skink Priest that has taken the Engine of the Gods gets a +1
bonus to all of his casting and dispelling attempts.”

What I usually do is take the FAQ and correct entries in my army book. Nothing is like reading a rule and thinking "OMG!!! I have been playing it all wrong", then later find out it was corrected in the FAQ.

For the Magic Items question. Yes the Rulebook items are available, but if the item appears in your Army Book and BRB you have pay the cost in your Army Book. (All older books been FAQ to this.)

thedarkfourth
25-01-2013, 15:44
Ah OK thanks! Did not realise there was an FAQ for updates. Is this (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:SEhWCEkt868J:www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1610148a_FAQ_Lizardmen_V1_4.pdf+In+Lizardman+FAQ+ 1.4.+Page+55+–+Stegadons,+Engine+of+the+Gods+Chang e+the+first+sentence+of+the+final+paragraph+to+“In +addition,+a+Skink+Priest+that+has+taken+the+Engin e+of+the+Gods+gets+a+%2B1+bonus+to+all+of+his+cast ing+and+dispelling+attempts.”&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjz3gIaO-OT_sxyYb7y0fdyAkpeitNfjTXTG3EhOWB6O-VvYqZKYQs1IR6yPHTOeEJFopqKiZENyofjB95AwLG_oYWe33EM k6U14pj8CmjkxzcOGDqGqEMjtCZB3yBfLcsHW8jb&sig=AHIEtbQfd8x8q11-xNLn3oPBqJtYkxt10w) the document I need?

Artiee
25-01-2013, 17:26
Yes.. the main page is here. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=2&aId=3000006&multiPageMode=true&start=3