PDA

View Full Version : -1 to shoot at Peg Knights?

kingjshrulz
27-01-2013, 07:29
I played a game vs empire last weekend and i informed my foe that they where classified as being in skirimish formation. The rules seem to support this even through their type is monstouras cavalry. Did we read the BRB right on this one?

kefkah
27-01-2013, 07:33
Yeah, they are skirmish so -1. I dont think there is a restriction on MC not to skirmish. All flying units gets the -1 due to skirmish.

RejjeN
27-01-2013, 19:58
Should be noted it's all flying units with more than one model in them that count as skirmishers :P

theunwantedbeing
27-01-2013, 23:12
Should be noted it's all flying units with more than one model in them that count as skirmishers :P

You'll have to back that up with a quote from the rules.
As far as I can tell from the skirmisher rules(page 77) and the latest GW FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2940055a_WARHAMMER_RULEBOOK_v1.7_JANUARY13.pdf) all you need it to have the rule "skirmishers" and you are -1 to hit, even if there's only one of you left.

RejjeN
28-01-2013, 00:39
Wasn't aware there was an FAQ on skirmishers, though I admit I didn't actually look at the skirmish rule itself, but on the part of Fly giving skirmish, which I've quoted below.

In addition, because of their loose fighting style, flying units consisting of more than
one model have the Skirmishers special rule (see page 77).
So my interpretation of that is that they are skirmishers so long as there's more than one in a single unit, unless the FAQ answer you're referring to would directly interfere with that I suppose :/

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2013, 11:35
So my interpretation of that is that they are skirmishers so long as there's more than one in a single unit, unless the FAQ answer you're referring to would directly interfere with that I suppose :/

Ah, seems I missed that.
I read it as "one or more models" rather than "more than one"......

You are correct, 2+ of them are -1 to hit
One on his own, not -1 to hit.

Akkristor
29-01-2013, 06:37
wouldnt a single one also be at -1 because of the "Shooting at individual models" rule?

kefkah
29-01-2013, 07:24
wouldnt a single one also be at -1 because of the "Shooting at individual models" rule?

Thats from older editon, nowadays you can try a +4 los if your close to a unit of yours, other then that, there is no -1 to hit anymore unless yoou have a rule wich makes it so.

thesoundofmusica
29-01-2013, 08:17
Thats from older editon, nowadays you can try a +4 los if your close to a unit of yours, other then that, there is no -1 to hit anymore unless yoou have a rule wich makes it so.

Correct. Just to be clear said unit has to be the same type as the character for him to benefit from 4+ los.

herohammer
31-01-2013, 05:07
Wasn't aware there was an FAQ on skirmishers, though I admit I didn't actually look at the skirmish rule itself, but on the part of Fly giving skirmish, which I've quoted below.

Which is a wierd rule given that a single foot skirmisher still keeps the skirmish rule and the -1 to hit I am almost certain.