PDA

View Full Version : the tau

Demiurg
27-01-2013, 20:43
Hi
can anybody answer these questions about the Tau

Earth Caste - would they fight? if they had to?

Are the Fire Caste the only ones who question The Ethereals? (ala Farsight)

I see the Water Caste as a merchant type of families say from The Dutch Guilder period is this correct?

DeaNos
27-01-2013, 21:25
Earth caste are builders not warriors but like all creatures would fight to survive they wouldn't do so very well and would be beating of their opponents with their tools.

As far as I know it's only Farsight and his conclave that have decided to disobey the etherals all other fire caste members worship them.

otakuzoku
27-01-2013, 22:00
all tau can fight like all humans can fight, it just the method combat would vairy by cast. the fire cast are the natural warriors like the hunter tribes of Africa. they will hit hard and fast, aggression and speed with bows, spears and shilds. the earth cast would build fortifications and war engines like catapults and cannons. air cast would use speed and hit vunrabel spots. air would try to talk and negotiate. but would use distraction and missdirection

Kakapo42
27-01-2013, 23:55
Hi
can anybody answer these questions about the Tau

I see the Water Caste as a merchant type of families say from The Dutch Guilder period is this correct?

Earth Caste: Yes, they would if they absolutely positively had to, during the defence of Fio'vash Earth Caste miners supported the Fire Warrior garrison with their tools. However they are effectively non-combatants not meant to be anywhere near the fighting, so if it comes to that then something has gone horribly horribly wrong.

The only group to actually split from the Ethereals (that's known) are the Farsight enclaves, though they have more than just Fire Caste members.

I don't know much about the Dutch Guilder period, but the Water Caste handles 'intangible' civil roles (as opposed to the 'tangible' and 'semi-tangible' roles of the Earth and Air castes), so things like bureaucracy, trade and economics, the media, etc.

Lichdom
28-01-2013, 05:26
In the past, I am sure all the Tau fought, the Earth Caste however did there fighting behind walls, with cannons. Think of them as the builders of, and defenders of Constantinople. Now in days, if pressed to it as Kakapo42 has shown they shall. Just remember though, they build the Battle Suits and such, so they must have some of there own for heavy duty moving/building, as well as test out some of the Battle Suits systems, even if they do not enter into the cockpit. In fact, a RC type of Battle Suit controlled by them might not be out of the question, not accounting for the drones, which being the builder caste, means they create. So while they might not get there hands dirty, they do have some blood on there hands from the drones alone.

There have been a few hints at some, though they seem to be quickly reentered into system, if a bit broken. The one and only case I know of outside of Farsight, is his pupil Commander Brightsword. Though even with he, it can be debated rather he turned against the Ethereals for what he understood as the Greater Good, or was just liquified for not heeding there call to slow down. Also Kakapo42 is correct again, in the Enclave having more then just Fire Caste member within it. Now rather the Earth, Water, and Air members know that they are considered renegades or not is good question, and one we may never know, only time shall tell.

If we are thinking of the same thing here, then yes. They have grown very fat of the milk and honey of others, with the golden tongue they posses they can get even the most stubborn foes to sign away rights they would never do, and all for something in return, which in all truth, that which was traded, is worth far less then that which was gained, and through that which was gained, footholds are set up, stations set near worlds or on them, and in time, new conquests, rather from the tip of a pen, or a sword.