PDA

View Full Version : Combat Reforming

boli
29-01-2013, 09:03
OK, this is a bit unclear in the rule book and there are no FAQ about it I can see:

Page 55, Unusual Situations, 2nd Paragraph: "If a unit is engaged to more than one facing (say to the front and one flank), it cannot make combat reforms."

I recently had a game where I charged a swordman unit in the flank/rear - in fact I took a picture:

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b449/boli32/IMG_20130126_172523.jpg

Can the swordsmen unit reform to face? they lost combat fyi.

kefkah
29-01-2013, 09:14
Is this after the combat? Well i would say no, though im only 90% sure on this unless there is something i might have missed scimming through.

Though all the swordmasters get full attacks? Do the 2 in the front rank fight vs the rear charge or just stand there doing nothing?.

theunwantedbeing
29-01-2013, 09:50
No, the unit is engaged on more than one facing.

You answered your own question by quoting the rules that explain what to do in that situation.

thesoundofmusica
29-01-2013, 10:33
Is this after the combat? Well i would say no, though im only 90% sure on this unless there is something i might have missed scimming through.

Though all the swordmasters get full attacks? Do the 2 in the front rank fight vs the rear charge or just stand there doing nothing?.

page 49, incomplete ranks

The two swordmasters in the front rank but not in base to base contact would still get to fight to their rear.

boli
29-01-2013, 11:07
No, the unit is engaged on more than one facing.

You answered your own question by quoting the rules that explain what to do in that situation.

The term is "facing" and the example was "front".... the unit was not facing any combat thus the query e.g. they were not facing the front.

That was after the first round of combat was concluded and they passed their leadership test and did not break.

The swordsmen were not allowed supporting attacks but still got full normal attacks (2/3).

Lyynark
29-01-2013, 11:39
The word "facing" means any of the four "sides" of a unit, i.e. front, left flank, right flank and rear. If a unit is engaged in combat from two or more facing, e.g. right flank and rear it cannot do a combat reform. The rules are crystal clear on this matter.

theunwantedbeing
29-01-2013, 11:42
The swordsmen were not allowed supporting attacks but still got full normal attacks (2/3).

Good, they aren't allowed supporting attacks.

However they can all fight normally as are all considered to be in base contact with an enemy.
2 are forced to fight to the rear
1 is forced to fight to the flank
the remaining guy get's to choose how his attacks are directed.

King Arthur
29-01-2013, 15:10
about the combat reform after a combat has been resolved and no one flees the winner gets a free reform and the loser can if they pass a leadership test

Artiee
29-01-2013, 15:21
about the combat reform after a combat has been resolved and no one flees the winner gets a free reform and the loser can if they pass a leadership test
Only the unit that is not being engaged on 2 facings. (sides). The 2 rat units would be able to reform. The sword master unit would not be able reform.

boli
29-01-2013, 15:54
Thanks for the clarifications folks.