PDA

View Full Version : Super Orc vs Valkia the Bloody 2013 01 29

Malorian
30-01-2013, 06:10
I had some time off so I got in a game with my brother. He decided to break out his new Valkia so I countered with Super Orc. May the best flying general win!

My Army:

Savage orc warboss w/ flying carpet, 2+ armor, reroll, extra hand weapon

Black orc bsb w/ trickster helm, fireball ring

30 savage orc archers
50 orcs w/ shield, banner, musician
50 night goblins w/ nets, banner, fanatic
5 wolf riders w/ shield
5 spider riders

Boar chariot
Wolf chariot
Savage boar boyz w/ shields

Doom diver
Giant
Pump wagon

Total: 1998

His Army(ish):

Valkia
Lvl 2 tz w/ third eye, disspel scroll

30 warriors w/ MoTz, shields, blasted standard
30 maruaders w/ MoK, gw, banner
5 dogs
5 dogs
5 dogs

18 chosen w/ halbred, shield
5 knights

The game was meeting engagement and we got full terrain too.

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vPZRPluNvo

Shimmergloom
30-01-2013, 12:34
3 more days and no more extreme gateway.

dementian
30-01-2013, 13:10
3 more days and no more extreme gateway.

Have you had a chance to read the new Third Eye of Tz info though? Reroll 1's for your ward saves. With an easy 3+ ward save with reroll 1s...

Combined with the rumoured Tz spell that removes a wizard level and steals the spell?

Haven't had a chance to see the game yet Mal but I am sure it will be entertaining!

Shimmergloom
30-01-2013, 13:13
I knew about the ward, but didn't know they could take out wizard levels. I thought they could just cast the spell like they can do now. Do they actually steal the spell from you? With pretty much a 2+ ward????

dementian
30-01-2013, 13:21
Oh glean magic, lore of tzeentch, your oppenent loses a wizard level, and a randomly determined spell, which you then gain.

I had a brief overview of the book today. What worries me is the third eye of tzeentch gift can still makes a lot of cheese, though not in the same way as it used to. Tzeentch mark still improves ward save (you can easily get 3+ ward) and the third eye makes you rerol 1īs in ward saves. Itīs not Kaelthīs like, but almost. Lore of tzeentch is not that impressive now, but the stealing spell one can be pretty nasty if casted by the previous, almost unkillable, mage. I hope its not like this or I missed something in my brief overview.

The rest is more or less ok, though the 50% rise of marauders and their weapons upgrades makes me think they wont be seen so much anymore. The chaos ogres having impact hits in the same way as OK ogres have is nice, and they got cheaper as well. And the cannon having magical attacks, 5+ ward save and -1 to panic checks and the rest staying the same makes it a better choice now.

Tastes like Havarti

Shimmergloom
30-01-2013, 13:24
yeah that doesn't say you lose a level or that it permanently steal the spell. It sounds like it just works the way the spell stealing works now. It's just more deadly cause on most miscast results your tz sorc will be unharmed cause of the near 2+ ward. Only the 2 extremes can really hurt him.

Malorian
30-01-2013, 14:12
Expect me to do a full review the day I get my hands on it ;)

dementian
30-01-2013, 14:54
Expect me to do a full review the day I get my hands on it ;)

Mal do you own all the army books?

Warrior of Chaos
30-01-2013, 15:11

I would suspect so....this is Malorian we are talking about. Oh and love the Super-Orc model BTW! Glad to see you using the giant Mal. I love using mine, even though most of the time he provides no significant contribution to my war effort.;)

Malorian
30-01-2013, 18:40

You bet. You have to know your enemy (annd know what you should be tempted to start ;))

dementian
30-01-2013, 20:17
You bet. You have to know your enemy (annd know what you should be tempted to start ;))

Oh god I don't need more tempting to start armies...I don't know if you have been seeing my signature updating...I started the hobby last year with Skaven from IoB. Then bought a box of black orcs for the models...then I found an excellent deal on more orcs on kijiji. Bam now I have 2 armies. I was doing well for a while but found an amazing deal on Bretonnia army on kijiji. 3 armies. For christmas I got a Lizardmen army, found a wood elf army for the girlfriend on kijiji for a great price...then on Monday...Kijiji strikes again...found the start of Vampire counts army...

As for the battle, shame Super Orc didn't get to see combat. The pinball charges sounds good to me, excellent job.

How did you like the Savage Archers? Did they do anything with shooting at all or would you have just preferred if they had xhw? In my head it kind of feels like the Monsters that have shooting capabilties like the Steg. Savage Orcs are supposed to chop things up holding them back.

After playing the list would you want to upgrade one of the units to big uns?

More edits: Sorcerors portal is one of my least favourite magical terrain pieces. It is just too random it can totally screw up your plans. Like other terrain features can change your plans at the start of the game but once you know the rules of the piece you can plan around it, the portal doesn't care about your plans its just...ugh

Malorian
31-01-2013, 12:55
Savages did ok. Shooting did little but it could have done more. The main thing for them is that they have enough power to threaten a flank. I wouldn't make them big uns though. The whole idea with them is finding the balance without having overkill.

SevenSins
31-01-2013, 16:19
nice rep, and I'm curious as to how bad the WoC will become, like you I own all the army books: know thine enemy, and his fluff ;)

Malorian
31-01-2013, 16:51
I also own a LOT of trolls, so a Throg model means I have a new army with only buying one model.

(Throg is already ordered and on the way...)

Lordcypress
31-01-2013, 17:12
I can't wait to build my troll army. It's going to be sweet. Troll shamans, troll heroes.

Perfectionz
01-02-2013, 03:40
I am hoping to take a look at the book soon, but certain circumstances put it about 2 months out of reach :/

However, if one would like to skype chat with me and talk about it after release thatd be awesome...

dementian
01-02-2013, 04:00
I am hoping to take a look at the book soon, but certain circumstances put it about 2 months out of reach :/

However, if one would like to skype chat with me and talk about it after release thatd be awesome...

Like mal said he always does an orc tactical team for new army book releases so I assume mal will have one up as soon as he can once he gets his hands on the book

Sarael
08-02-2013, 01:24
Mal, dunno if you remember but awhile back we had a discussion comparing chaos trolls to O&G trolls (after your double troll horde batrep). I don't have the new chaos book, but do you think chaos trolls are viable/points efficient now?

Edit: NM, just watched your OTT and saw you ordered Throgg, that answers the question :P

Malorian
08-02-2013, 12:16
They are the same as greenskin trolls plus the option fo 2 handweapons.

Shimmergloom
09-02-2013, 13:49
Can chaos trolls take marks? I heard they could.

So nurgle trolls are just like river trolls then, but special instead of rare? Hardly anyone takes river trolls in numbers, so I wonder if that would change for woc.

Lordcypress
09-02-2013, 17:00
Trolls cannot take marks.

Shimmergloom
09-02-2013, 18:50
Can Ogres? Maybe that's what I was thinking about. -1 to hit ogres with great weapons, could be pretty nasty.

Malorian
10-02-2013, 04:45
Can chaos trolls take marks? I heard they could.

So nurgle trolls are just like river trolls then, but special instead of rare? Hardly anyone takes river trolls in numbers, so I wonder if that would change for woc.

Nope. That would be cool (I was hoping for the option for command) but no.

Gromdal
23-02-2013, 16:57
Funny and great battle rapport!