PDA

View Full Version : Killing Blow vs. Challenge

ChobitsCrazy
31-01-2013, 03:50
Okay this is more of a Heroic Killing Blow entry. So the scenario I have in my head is Skulltaker vs. Ogre Lord choice. What I have so far:

Skulltaker has a killing blow on a 5+ and it affects everything.

The Ogre leader has 5 wounds or whatever.

Calculate Combat Result, Wounds Inflicted.
Change “[...]counts as having scored all the slain model’s remaining Wounds.” to “[...]score the same amount of Wounds as the slain model has on its profile.” in the last paragraph.

If one model slays the other, then any excess wounds they inflicted above and beyond thoes needed to slay the opponent, up to a maximum of +5...

SO if say I score 4 hits and 3 of them become unsaved killing blows, would this do 15 wounds? (10 because of the limit) for combat resolution?

kramplarv
31-01-2013, 04:20
no. you get 5 wounds.

Kalandros
31-01-2013, 08:55
By Raw, 5+overkill so 10.
The first killing blow takes off all the profile wounds: 5
The second killing blow does the same, because the rules say so: 10 - maximum achieved.

Skulltaker is fun and all but its only in challenges and those 2+ ward saves vs fire sort of completely negate his killing~

Benigno (WE)
31-01-2013, 09:38
Was it an old FAQ that stated that the additional KBs just added a single combat reslution point? So I would say that you get 5 + 1 + 1.

Kalandros
31-01-2013, 10:11
not in current FAQ so RAW by the rule book it is. 10~

Artiee
31-01-2013, 13:00
As stated, the OP posted the FAQ change for pg 52 last para. On BRB pg 103 "Overkill", 1st col, 2nd para. States add up all of the wounds inflicted on the victim, even those from a weapon causing multiple wouns or by repeated Killing Blows (each sucessful Killing Blowe scores the same amount of wound the slian character has on its profile).

So in a Challege with killing blows on a Orge with 5 wounds left. 5 + 5 Overkill (max) = 10. Note: if model with HKB was not in a challege (like Bret Lord w/ Heroic Vitrue) and directed all his attacks on the Orge, and scored 3 unsaved killing blows the combat res would be 15.

ChobitsCrazy
31-01-2013, 17:31
Thanks! so 10 it is!

SkawtheFalconer
31-01-2013, 18:18
As stated, the OP posted the FAQ change for pg 52 last para. On BRB pg 103 "Overkill", 1st col, 2nd para. States add up all of the wounds inflicted on the victim, even those from a weapon causing multiple wouns or by repeated Killing Blows (each sucessful Killing Blowe scores the same amount of wound the slian character has on its profile).

So in a Challege with killing blows on a Orge with 5 wounds left. 5 + 5 Overkill (max) = 10. Note: if model with HKB was not in a challege (like Bret Lord w/ Heroic Vitrue) and directed all his attacks on the Orge, and scored 3 unsaved killing blows the combat res would be 15.

Does the Bret Lord score overkill outside of challenges? If not, the Combat res would actually be 3.

Artiee
31-01-2013, 19:34
BRB pg 52, last para. (with the FAQ) "Attacks that kill a model outright (made with a Killing Blow,...) score the smae amount of Wounds as slain model has on its profile.

3 HKB x 5 wounds left = 15 wounds inflicted.

Warrior of Chaos
31-01-2013, 22:45
That would be incorrect Artiee.

1) Character with HKB strikes at a Tyrant in a unit (not in a challenge). The Tyrant has 5W. The character attacking rolls 3 attacks with HKB. The first blow kills the Tyrant outright (scoring 5W)...the following blows are lost for combat res because the wounds don't carry over to the unit. You would score 5.

2) In a challenge, all of the inflicted wounds coming from that Character against the Tyrant (provided they happen on the initiative the HKB occured) count - up to a maximum of +5 for Overkill. So you would score 5W for the first HKB and then gain +5 more in combat res for overkill. The last HKB is lost. Total scored would be 10.