PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch CSM Army

Grndhog89
02-02-2013, 04:04
Hi All,

So I just wanted to get everyone's suggestions on the proper aesthetic for a Tzeentch aligned CSM army (no, not Thousand Sons). What I was thinking of was using these heads: http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=99, and the forsaken WoC kit. I wanted to kitbash those 2 aforementioned kits with the normal CSM one and make some egyptian looking/mutated marines. That way I could say they had been "blessed" by the changer of ways. Now, I'm trying to think of characterful conversion for the sorcerer lord, termies, and others since the forsaken and those heads really only work for marine sized models and not termie sized ones. Suggestions? Also, any advice on how to model a heldrake to be more "tzeentch-y" would be welcome.

Note: As I said before these are Tzeentch aligned marines and I want to make this army for fun not really for competitiveness. So I don't mind all of my guys having a pointless 6++ for a tax. Also, I am not opposed to having one or two units of TSons in the mix but I want some kind of fluffy reason they'd be included amongst the "normal" marines.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

AbbadonsChosen1994
02-02-2013, 04:17
For the Thousand Sons just say that your sorceror is one of Ahrimans coven who got kicked out by Magnus after Ahriman did the Rubic and now hes building a new army to match the might of his old legion. For terminator mutations I know in the terminator box there is a warped head

Grndhog89
02-02-2013, 04:20
For the Thousand Sons just say that your sorceror is one of Ahrimans coven who got kicked out by Magnus after Ahriman did the Rubic and now hes building a new army to match the might of his old legion. For terminator mutations I know in the terminator box there is a warped head

Thanks for the feedback. I suppose for the low Thousand Son presence thats a sufficient reason. The termies I want to be just as deranged/mutated as the normal marines or even more so. Because in my mind the terminators are elites of the warband and deserve even more mutations/gifts from their god.

Ssilmath
02-02-2013, 04:47
With a bit of shaving, normal Marine helmets can be fitted into Terminator armor and look alright. You might also want to run a unit of possessed amongst your army, for those who were fully blessed without having earned Tactical Dreadnought Armor.

Another option for adding Thousand Sons is that one or two Sorcerers, with bodyguard, are trying to recruit Tzeentch aligned traitors into their cabal, and are working on that while 'pledging' themselves to your Warlord.

For the Helldrake, I am not sure how to make it Tzeenthlike, other than to suggest looking at some of the big Tomb Kings kits and seeing what you can kitbash together. Either way, good luck on your project.