PDA

View Full Version : Games workshop pictures dont work

Silent Surrender
02-02-2013, 16:42
Hey all. Ive had this problem for a long time but the new chaos release has made me ambitious to fix it. The images of models on GWs site dont work. The image appears but only half of it and i cant scroll down as only the background scrolls.

I use IE.

lbecks
02-02-2013, 20:37
I'd suggest not using IE. Firefox or chrome are way better.

Kalidane
02-02-2013, 21:08
Yep Chrome is the new Firefox

zoggin-eck
02-02-2013, 23:08
Time to upgrade to Netscape Navigator.

Inquisitor Engel
03-02-2013, 00:51
I use IE.

Well, there's your problem.

f2k
03-02-2013, 08:46
What version of IE? I use it and have no problems.

Silent Surrender
03-02-2013, 13:55
IE 8. Why everybody say IE is bad?

ihavetoomuchminis
03-02-2013, 16:02
Because it is.

Sgt John Keel
03-02-2013, 16:44

Because it is.

Another reason for not using IE is that few tech people use it. Using the same software as the geeks increases the likelihood of getting good and fast tech support, as people may be less inclined to help with software they don't use themselves.

f2k
03-02-2013, 17:20

IE can be rather... Ummm... "Strange" to work with... Basically, since the days of the Browser Wars, Microsoft has had a distressing tendency invent their own standards rather than following the ones the rest of us are using. It must be said though, that following standards is something that most browser find difficult... :(

It has, however, gotten somewhat better lately and the newest versions aren't that bad, but they still have a bad reputation.

Ultimately, it's each to his own. Use whatever you want - just make sure that it's updated and that you have some sort of anti-virus running.

Chaos and Evil
04-02-2013, 12:09

It's the most susceptible to viruses, the slowest to get updates, has the least useful plugins, and the most prone to problems between updates.

CaylenTor
05-02-2013, 12:50
Internet Explorer is much, much better than it used to be (IE9 & 10 actually support standards, wheee!), but the negative reputation it gained previously is pretty hard to shift.

First thing to check is that your Flash plugin is up to date (this causes quite a few problems), and to ensure that Javascript is enabled (at least for the GW site). You can also check for any upgrades to IE (if you're on 8, I'm guessing you're also on XP) using Windows Update.

ehlijen
05-02-2013, 13:33
IE is functional, at least from 9 onwards. The others are still better, but if you're not sure how to uninstall IE (not necessary to install a new one, just frees up space) or how to set up a new one, sticking with IE9 or 10 isn't too bad.

IE8 is fairly old, though, and anything old in IT will eventually lose it's compatibility with the rest of the world. You should at least get IE9, or another browser.

CaylenTor
05-02-2013, 23:29
IE9 will only work if you have Windows 7 though ;) (you'll also have a devil of a job removing it since it's built into the OS - taking it off a Windows system will cripple it).

ehlijen
06-02-2013, 13:11
But just because he doesn't have IE9 doesn't mean he doesn't have windows 7 :p

My machine came with windows 7 and IE8, I upgraded to 9 later (and frankly the new 'hide everything' interfaces suck).