PDA

View Full Version : Ascending to Daemonhood and casualty points

Blkc57
03-02-2013, 02:22
So I just read that if a character rolls well and becomes a Daemon prince his model is removed as a casualty and replaced with a DP model. So my question is if the character is removed as a casualty like the rule says ... Does your opponent get the points for him? Kinda puts a damper on the awesome experience of getting a Prince if your opponent also gets the 250-300 points for the character in exchange.

Mr_Rose
03-02-2013, 03:10
I believe this is actually covered in the ascension result on the table, or at least in the surrounding text, as it also applies to spawndom.

Kalandros
03-02-2013, 03:21
Yep, you give up the VPs and worse, if you have no DP model, you lose your character, give up VPs and get nothing in exchange ;3

Blkc57
03-02-2013, 03:24
I believe this is actually covered in the ascension result on the table, or at least in the surrounding text, as it also applies to spawndom.

All the text says is that the new models (ie the new Daemon prince and spawn) do not award any victory points if killed and do not come with any upgrades. It doesn't say what to do with victory points from the character removed, who for WoC can be quite substantial.

Voss
03-02-2013, 04:21
Victory points are awarded when a model is destroyed, it doesn't matter how.

Also, the alternative is worse, as far as the game is concerned. If the character doesn't give up victory points, that is 200-350 victory points that the opponent can never earn.

Kalandros
03-02-2013, 04:32
the alternative would've been "Kill the Daemon Prince to get the original model's VPs" but then its a bit unfair to try and get that sub-200 pts hero's points when he just transformed into a lord level model.
I'm fine with how they wrote the rule for this - a shocking surprise that they didn't completely mess it up.

Can't have only advantages in an army, or O&G would be the best army out there (;

sorberec
03-02-2013, 11:18
All the text says is that the new models (ie the new Daemon prince and spawn) do not award any victory points if killed and do not come with any upgrades. It doesn't say what to do with victory points from the character removed, who for WoC can be quite substantial.

"Finally the Chaos Champion is removed from play as a casualty".

Tlatoc
03-02-2013, 11:35
So when your Chaos Lord turn daemon you pay 250 points, but with a chosen champion, you have your DP for free.

Does anyone else see a problem there ?

sorberec
03-02-2013, 11:57
So when your Chaos Lord turn daemon you pay 250 points, but with a chosen champion, you have your DP for free.

Does anyone else see a problem there ?

Not really. First they've got to declare a challenge and have someone accept. Then they've got to win the challenge (is anyone going to accept if they don't have a model that can easily beat a Chaos unit chamption?). Then they've got to roll a 12 on the table followed by passing a Leadership test on their own Leadership with no re-rolls, so that's 7s and 8s. Oh, and your opponent has to have a Daemon Prince model spare (which granted they probably will have now).

Avian
03-02-2013, 12:11
It also has to happen reasonably early in the game for the DP to have much of an effect. The new EotG rule is a slight improvement over the previous in that the opponent can't throw a champion at the challenge for no risk, but having to challenge is still reducing the chance of getting to kill enemy characters. If you get into base contact with a Wizard Lord, you are still giving him a chance to run away he wouldn't have if you didn't have to challenge.