PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Point Nurgle List - New WoC

datalink7
03-02-2013, 07:35
I always liked Nurgle as my favorite god but haven't felt until now that Nurgle was strong enough to make a Nurgle themed list.

Here goes my first look at it (which is suprisingly very similar to what Morkash put in the new tactics thread... though it looks like I might have just copied that list, I swear I did come up with most of it on my own before even looking at the forum :P. I did steal the dawnstone idea though on the BSB). Hopefully I didn't mess up any points as I scratched stuff out a lot on the piece of paper.

Lord

Daemon Prince - 525 pts
. . Mark of Nurgle
. . Level 4 Wizard
. . Chaos Armor
. . Charmed Shield
. . Sword of Might
. . Flaming Breath
. . Soul Feeder
. . Chaos Familiar
. . Scaled Skin
. . Nurgle Rot

Heroes

Exalted Hero (BSB) - 230 pts
. . Enchanted Shield
. . Palanquin
. . Sword of Striking
. . Dawnstone
. . Mark of Nurgle

Festus - 190 pts

Throgg - 195 pts

Core

16 Chaos Warriors - 334 pts
. . Full Command
. . Mark of Nurgle
. . Halberds

7 Chaos Trolls - 266 pts
. . Additional Hand Weapon

Chaos Chariot - 125 pts
. . Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Warhounds - 30 pts

5 Chaos Warhounds - 30 pts

Special

6 Chaos Knights - 300 pts
. . Full Command
. . Mark of Nurgle
. . Enscrolled Weapons

Chimera - 275 pts
. . Regeneration
. . Breath Weapon

Total Points: 2500

Daemon Prince tries to get stuck in as quick as possible but should be fairly resiliant to most anything with a 1+/5++ and -1 to hit in HtH. Charmed Shield is there as insurance against cannon fire.

Festus and BSB go with Warriors who will be in a 6x3 formation. While this is a small unit, it should be fairly tough with the 5+ regen Festus gives. BSB will be 1+ rerollable with 5+ regen. Poisoned attacks won't hurt either.

Throgg obviously goes in with the trolls, a unit which provides a huge beatstick, staying near the BSB as much as possible for reliability.

Chariot, Knights and Chimera add combat power where appropriate. Hounds for interference or war machine hunting.

I do have some worries. This is a small, elite type army in an era of large, steadfast units. Also, I miss not having a dispel scroll somewhere.

Thoughts?

Lord Commander Eidolon
03-02-2013, 12:52
You will miss having the dispel scroll. maybe drop the trolls down a bit and fit in some chaff elsewhere and maybe drop the daemon prince down a tad also to see if you can fit a cheap scroll caddy in there. Maybe with MoS

Tokunator
03-02-2013, 13:45
Can't have double Scaled Skin, as all Daemonic Gifts and Mutations are one per army. Other than that, it looks solid.

Daniel36
03-02-2013, 13:52
You should add one knight, because Nurgle's fave number is 7. Theme for the win!

MR. GRUMPY
03-02-2013, 15:10
I love it! But maybe a bit character heavy. But would suck to take festus out.

datalink7
03-02-2013, 18:21
Can't have double Scaled Skin, as all Daemonic Gifts and Mutations are one per army. Other than that, it looks solid.

Ah, good catch. Switched it out for Enchanted Shield. Extra points allowed an upgrade to Sword of Striking, and adding a standard to the Knights.

Thanks for the rest of the comments also, but those possible adjustments won't be as quick to work out :)

By the way, do you think that this would work as a good Daemon Prince of Nurgle?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/KAZYK-THE-BEFOULED-ON-ROT-BEAST.html

I don't like the GW model at all. The above guy is mounted but I think would still look fine on the battlefield.

I had looked at this too, but think it looks too 40k:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/NURGLE-DAEMON-PRINCE-AND-HERALD.html

I will be buying some Nurgle Trolls for sure though:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/NURGLE-BILE-TROLLS.html

Zixtyzeffen
04-02-2013, 08:47
I was wondering if you considered to take the 'Glittering scales' ("enemies suffer a -1 to hit penalty when attempting to strike the wearer in close combat").

datalink7
04-02-2013, 15:00
I had. My biggest concern with glittering scales, and why I ultimately decided not to go with it, was the lowered armor save against massed bow fire.

datalink7
06-02-2013, 17:59
Ok, I think I'm going to find some points by dropping the halberds and getting shields instead. Sword and board will net me an extra 32 points to play with. Are S&B Warriors effective enough?