PDA

View Full Version : The lure of chaos!!

m1acca1551
03-02-2013, 08:53
Okay, well the lauch of the WoC has happened for most, and im interested in seeing what people opinios are, in regards to;

- Does the book MAKE you want to bring your hordes out to play again
- Has the subtle temptation of the dark gods (GW) been enough to lure you (and your wallet) into damnation debt and ruin

And lastly has the author done WoC justice*? there is another thread on whether cruddace was the man for the job or not and i would like to know what peoples thoughts are on the above.

*By justice i mean has he done enough to make WoC balanced in regards to 8th, has he stuck to fluff as much as he can etc

Please note this topic is not about "cruddace is useless he took away my 1 comp build and now i have to rely on tactics and actual gaming to win"

Cheers all

M1acca1551

Urgat
03-02-2013, 09:08
There's various reasons why I can't work on a new army (or in that case continue an old one), but if these reasons didn't exist, yeah, I think I would be lured again. How long has it been since the warriors aspect of chaos actually felt like it changed at all? The new book is pretty exciting in that regard, if you ask me.
And I mean, there's actually a tentacle monster for Slaanesh armies now :p

AngelsWrath454
03-02-2013, 09:29
Well I can't really comment on whether the author was right for the job but I picked up the book yesterday and have read through it twice already.

I've never played WoC before but it has definitely tempted me into starting my own force which I'll be doing as soon as I get near my LGW.

Daniel36
03-02-2013, 09:36
Any book is done justice if new entries are included, and every book is done injustice when they dillude the background material once more. So every book since 8th has been both positive and negative in that effect.

Is the book going to be balanced? Probably not. Either a book is considered overpowered or underpowered, but people never seem to get the fact that Warhammer isn't and never will be a balanced game, so why continue to play it that way? Play fun scenarios, play Storm of Magic, play something other than pitched battles. They're no fun.

Am I excited about this release? Sure... I was working on an army of Nurgle for a little while so new entries in both this book as well as the upcoming Daemon book will be fun for me to work with, but I am not a competetive player, so...

cathorist
04-02-2013, 17:53
Ha it would seem I am falling behind in the warhammer world once again. They redid Chaos Warriors again? it seeems like only yesterday..
I have now went to their website and have looked upon their new models. Im not sure why it would make me want to bring out my horde units, but it does make me want to go into damnation and debt by looking at some of those bigger monsters. In their last codex I felt lots of their Big bads were a touch boring. maybe these will have rules to blow my mind when I go up against them not knowing a single thing about them other than the basic statline. :P

Colonel Kolm
04-02-2013, 18:30
i already had a WoC army but im happy with the new book. i already bought 2 of the new chariots(i love the model0 and a set of dragon ogres. i can finally use those in my army as before i outright despised the model so i refused to use them. personally i think the book is solid, for a run down on doing them justice i think itll take a little while and a lot of random army builds to see its final outcome. i am however as unhappy in 1 regard with this as to all of the other new books, that being a severe lack of special stuff(weapons armor etc) i get GW wanted only a few things but i miss the amount of wargear each army had and its results on customizability.

DeathGlam
04-02-2013, 18:46
Im seriously close to making my Slaanesh WOC warband, so many conversion idea's and past half finished projects, i could complete finally.

Can anyone with the book tell me what Sigvald is like, is he at all worth whatever points he costs?

As i have always liked the model and his fluff.

LordKrell
04-02-2013, 19:18
Im seriously close to making my Slaanesh WOC warband, so many conversion idea's and past half finished projects, i could complete finally.

Can anyone with the book tell me what Sigvald is like, is he at all worth whatever points he costs?

Sigvald looks exactly the same as in the previous book. I like him too, but even if he is cheaper 3.7.5 pts he's still too expensive for a well-CG balanced army.

The fluff is very similar, still an incestuous son, killed his father etc. New rule which states something like "every roll on the Eye of the gods gets him +1A". The rest is pretty much the same.

Sigvald and Archaon are the only leadership 10 characters in the book. Also, failing a stupidity test and doing nothing for an entire turn is... you know... funny, good for OnG, , but make sure you get him in close combat with a strong unit asap...

DeathGlam
04-02-2013, 19:49
Cheers for that, i will probably still buy the model just won't use him as much as i would like.

pointyteeth
05-02-2013, 16:37

He has gone up to T5 like a regular chaos lord now instead of the inexplicable T4 he had in the old book. Whenever he gets to roll on EotG chart he gains +1A instead of rolling. Other than that his rules and fluff haven't changed.

DeathGlam
05-02-2013, 23:03
Thanks, i have decided to take the plunge and will be buying the army book tomorrow, looking forward to finally finishing the Slaanesh army i have half done and planned for over 5 years.