PDA

View Full Version : New Chariot Heavy WoC list 2500

greenmonsta
03-02-2013, 14:47
So with the new book out I am trying to kick around some ideas for a good solid list. I like the chariot options so I plan to use many of them. Here are some ideas.

lvl4 Sorc Lord = 360
Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Crown of Command, Chaos Familiar

Exalted = 201
Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse icon, BSB, Halbards

5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30

23 Warriors = 390
Shield, full command, Banner of Swiftness

Chariot of Slaanesh = 115
Gorebeast Chariot of Slaanesh = 135
Gorebeast Chariot of Slaanesh = 135

4 Dragon Ogres = 252
xtra HW

3 Skullcrushers = 264
Mus, Banner, Ensorcelled Weapons, Banner of Flame

Hellcannon = 210

Pretty much the army moves foward ASAP and slams into the enemy. Very simple. I have a ton of drops, so I can out deploy my opponent hopefully. I liked the mark of Slaanesh because if a chariot or two gets taken out from shoot then it won't cause others to panic. I have some reservations about this list because I don't think it can handle hordes well and that is the name of the game in this addition. I think it will hit like a ton of bricks, but could possible get ground away. I'm also not sure what lore I should give the Lvl 4. I was thinking shadow or death for character sniping and doom and darkness to help break those pesky hordes. Let me know what you think and let me know if I was incorrect in any way with points cost. Thanks for the help.

LordKrell
03-02-2013, 15:07
If you're afraid of hordes you should field a hellcannon. Drop a gorebeast chariot, and a dragon ogre or maybe a skullcrusher.

greenmonsta
03-02-2013, 15:30
That's true a hellcannon would be helpful for those hordes. Original list edited.

LordKrell
03-02-2013, 16:29
And if you are aiming for a fast list, consider the +1 M banner for the skullcrushers, I think those are 15 well-expended points. Or maybe give it to the warriors and the Banner of flame to the skullcrushers.

I would like to have 6 chariots to try this list! It looks fun!! Tell us how it works!

greenmonsta
03-02-2013, 16:50
Write now the list is just Theoryhammer, but I plan on playtesting this list with proxies for now to get a feel for it and eventually work towards something like this. I plan on getting a lot of chariots in the future because I love the models and I'm kicking around some ideas. Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming. Also what Lore do you think would work best for this list?

LordKrell
03-02-2013, 18:09
Depending on which armies are you going to face, but I would say slaanesh (new & fun stuff like histerical frenzy ... try it on the skullies) or shadows. They reach 48'', 24 or 18'' which means that if your sorcerer is kept on the warriors unit, he needs to reach the opponent or your own units to cast some spells. Almost every slaanesh spell is 24'' And nurgle's average is 18''

The Sorcerer Lord is the general, so I'd rather give the +1M banner to the warriors, but wait... almost everything on the list is L8 too so... never mind :)

greenmonsta
03-02-2013, 19:00
Just to clarify both characters will be going with the warriors because there is no where else to really put them. Also I have been thinking about taking death because of the ability to take out in the magic phase the bsb and general. These two guys are generally the reason why larger units stick around after getting their teeth knocked in. If I take them out and especially the BSB it gives me a greater chance to break the unit on the charge. That is my line of thought anyway. I like the idea of taking the movement banner on the warriors. They are the slowest unit in the list so giving them a little boost in speed helps. Original post edited.

Ullis
03-02-2013, 19:12
I really like the list as a fun game type deal, but I do not think it would prove to be very competitive if that is what you are looking for. You would have major issues dealing with steadfast and once your impact hits are finished, chariots do not have much killing power. Also, a clever opponent can lead your Skullcrushers a merry dance because of their frenzy rule.

I like the list though and agree with the above poster suggesting you take Lore of Slaanesh.

greenmonsta
03-02-2013, 19:28
I agree that it would be hard to win in competitive games because of steadfast, but as I see it now the entire book isn't competitive anymore. I hope I'm wrong. If you have any suggestions to make a competitive list I'm all ears.