PDA

View Full Version : Orcs & gobbos 2400 deployment advice needed

SevenSins
03-02-2013, 19:03
Now as discussed in the o&g tactical thread I'll give a MMU/MSUish army a test in a one-day tourney. Due to some model limitations I don't need advice on the list itself except for character loadouts.
What I really need is some general deployment ideas, I tend to get in my own way so to speak and considering the number of drops in this army it can get chaotic fast. I'd like a deployment plan and more or less stick to it, largely ignoring what my opponent is doing (not the most tactically sound idea mayhap...) so at least I'll have some functional movement lined up ;)

The list (more or less) with some questions here andt there

Lords
Orc shaman lvl4, talisman of preservation
Orc warboss? Suggested equip? (My wizards tend to blow up, so a cheap leadership provider?)

Heroes
Lvl 1?2? Night gobbo w dispel scroll
Gobbo bsb, standard of discipline?
Others?

Core
3x25 orc boys, ehw, st/mus
5 wolf riders, spears (anything else they need? Shields? Mus?)
20 night gobbos bunker, mus? Standard?
2x10 arrer boys

Special
6 boar boys, st/mus
Troll
3x single wolf chariots
2x boar chariots
2x chukkas

Rare
2x Giant
Rock lobba
Doom diver

sens16
03-02-2013, 19:57
Now as discussed in the o&g tactical thread I'll give a MMU/MSUish army a test in a one-day tourney. Due to some model limitations I don't need advice on the list itself except for character loadouts.
What I really need is some general deployment ideas, I tend to get in my own way so to speak and considering the number of drops in this army it can get chaotic fast. I'd like a deployment plan and more or less stick to it, largely ignoring what my opponent is doing (not the most tactically sound idea mayhap...) so at least I'll have some functional movement lined up ;)

The list (more or less) with some questions here andt there

Lords
Orc shaman lvl4, talisman of preservation
Orc warboss? Suggested equip? (My wizards tend to blow up, so a cheap leadership provider?)

Heroes
Lvl 1?2? Night gobbo w dispel scroll
Gobbo bsb, standard of discipline?
Others?

Core
3x25 orc boys, ehw, st/mus
5 wolf riders, spears (anything else they need? Shields? Mus?)
20 night gobbos bunker, mus? Standard?
2x10 arrer boys

Special
6 boar boys, st/mus
Troll
3x single wolf chariots
2x boar chariots
2x chukkas

Rare
2x Giant
Rock lobba
Doom diver

iron curse icon on some one to save one unit from some shooting
fencers blades are something i like to but on the orc shaman combined with +3 +3 attack spell allows him to hold his own in combat plus the weapon skill makes him even harder to hit

make one unit of orcs bigguns

Wharfrat1979
03-02-2013, 20:02
Curious if you were considering one of thos boyz units as biguns

Wharfrat1979
03-02-2013, 20:08
Are you going to be more offense or defense? With I would almost suggest a wait and see approach. Soften with magic and war machines. Hit with chariots and the mop up with your smaller units

SevenSins
08-02-2013, 17:44
So tomorrow I'll see how it goes, dropped one orc boyz mob/1 arrer unit/1 wolf chariot to get a 40 man ng mob, with nets and three gw bosses.
Was thinking ng center flanked by the orc mobs, chariots between the units. bunker behind this front line, along with war machines. Giants will flank and chaff will chaff ;)