PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle 2000

Nightmare84
04-02-2013, 05:43
Just picked up the book and decided to band wagon for my return into fantasy. I'm already a nurgle csm gamer so nurgle was the natural choice and that festus model is amazing!

Haven't played fantasy for quite a while so may be a bit rusty on what I need in a army.

Also this is building from the chaos battalion.

Chaos lord- halberd, nurgle, scaled skin, soul feeder, 295

Festus- xxx
Exalted hero- bsb, nurgle, enchanted shield, dragonbane gem- 155

18x chaos warriors- full com, nurgle shields- 336
5x warhounds- 30
5x warhounds- 30
Chariot- 110
16x warriors- full com, nurgle, halberds- 334
4x dragon ogres- great weapons- 272
5x knights- nurgle, enscrolled weapons- 255

That comes out 7 points over so will probably dump a warrior from the sword and shield unit.
Lord goes with shields, other 2 with halberds. Chariot follows the knights around.
I initially tried the demon prince route but couldn't make it fit especially when I had knights at 7 man for nurgle- ness

So how you think I did?

Thanks in advance

Zixtyzeffen
04-02-2013, 08:34
I was wondering if you considered to take the 'Glittering scales' ("enemies suffer a -1 to hit penalty when attempting to strike the wearer in close combat").

Also I think the knights are 225 pts. in that setup not 255. 4 Dragon ogres seem very difficult to move around on the battlefield in a singel rank or 2x2 setup.

Nightmare84
04-02-2013, 09:17
Yeah I had thought about it but would mean losing 2 points of armor though. Makes characters little more vulnerable to other characters in my eyes

I hadn't thought about that with dragon ogres. I was thinking about them being on ogres bases. Maybe just 3 and a spawn or something like that.

Does anyone know what the rules for skin wolves are like? I have 4 but I don't have the forge world book so don't know how they are costed. Would rather know first otherwise I will use them as trolls.

RainSong
06-02-2013, 19:31
My heroes and core look very similar, good base for an army. Then just experiment with various hammer units from special and rare sections...