PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts WoC-list vs. HE-list (beginners)

Musiq
04-02-2013, 11:29
Heyas! I need some advice on a 1000 pts list against an HE-list.

This is what i've been working on:

1000 pts:

Lords and Heroes:
1 x CS (lvl2)
Charmed shield/Enchanted shield
MoT
Talisman of Preservation (4+ward)
Third Eye of Tzeentch

Rare:
1 x Hellcannon

Special:
1 x Gorebeast chariot
MoK
Total cost:

Core:
5 x Warhounds

5 x Warhounds

20 x CW
MoK
Additional hand weapon
Standard bearer

His army:

From what I've figured out I'll be facing:

20 x WL
10 x PG with lvl 2 mage
WL-chariot
32 x spearmen
Some eagles

Prolly lore of beasts or lore of life

Might be something else in there aswell.

Anyway, since I'm new to the game, I'd appreciate any advice on either list och tactics.

Musiq
04-02-2013, 18:33
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zixtyzeffen
04-02-2013, 19:33
It seems to me like your army would be very boring to play with. With only one big unit, a chariot, and a cannon. But if you think it'll be great, go for it.
I think you have to many points tied up in your hero and your cannon. Seems to me like you will be surrounded, by turn 3, and killed.

Musiq
05-02-2013, 14:42
It seems to me like your army would be very boring to play with. With only one big unit, a chariot, and a cannon. But if you think it'll be great, go for it.
I think you have to many points tied up in your hero and your cannon. Seems to me like you will be surrounded, by turn 3, and killed.

Thanks! I really like the idea of using a strong sorc, even in 1000pts. Maybe tweak him a bit more offensively and put him on a disc.

So I should remove cannon and sorc for...? :)

Thanks for the advice!

Zixtyzeffen
05-02-2013, 17:32
Sinse you put 'biginners' in the title, I'm assuming this is your first battle maybe your second?
You should go with what you find 'fun' or use as many troop types as possible to get to know them. Find what you find 'fun' and 'good' and go with that.

Danny76
07-02-2013, 08:40
Hey, thanks for the comment on my list =)
I assume you're not going for tournament level competitiveness anyway, so I don't think it's too bad for that.
I love the Hellcannon, if one thing had to be dropped, it'd have to be that, probably in favor of some Skullcrushers (maybe a warrior or two also to get the points for it, not sure off hand what cost is).

But having said that, some shooting on HighElves before they get to you would be nice. Less ASF hits back on you then =)

zielonkak
07-02-2013, 10:45
Hey i kinda of agree with the list being small. the hell cannon is an awsome model, but as a beginner, i would add more pop to the army. also, not sure where you were putting your character, but he cant join units now due to seperate marks. a real fun thing is putting him on disc and fly him around. you could drop the hell cannon, and add another chariot, some more hounds to block the archers LOS, and add the disc. i would also drop warriors down to 18, as that has been the standard 6X3. any points left over, u could try things that would tie units up, maybe more hounds, or some spawns. the skull crushers are very cool, but they will be shot at a ton, since it was mainly your only threat ( warriors are slow).anyways thats my two cents, really you need to just play test.

Danny76
07-02-2013, 11:01
If need be run the warriors 5x3 also. I've found in 1k that's fine as a size.
It's certainly give you points towards your disc..