PDA

View Full Version : 2k Mono-Tzeentch WoC

Kozuka
04-02-2013, 13:59
I fancy painting alot of blue metal, and heres what I've come up with. I just want something that's fun to play that doesn't necessarily get smashed easily by people with decent armies. Any feedback on building mono tzeentch armies is welcome!

Lords
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
Level 3, Daemonic Flight, Chaos Armour, Soul Feeder, Scaled Skin, Dawnstone

Heroes
Chaos Sorceror
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Dispell Scroll

Exalted Hero
Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Tzeentch, Banner of Eternal Flame

Core
22 Warriors of Chaos
Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Shields, Blasted Standard

5 Chaos Warhounds
Vanguard upgrade

5 Chaos Warhounds
Vanguard upgrade

Special
10 Chaos Knights
Full Command, Ensorcelled Weapons, Mark of Tzeentch

3 Dragon Ogres
Additional Hand Weapons, Shartak

The general premise is the Ogres and Knights ride out on the flanks, with the ogres hopefully being a big distraction. Either the knights or the warriors will probably get reduced below combat effectiveness but if one of them can make it home at decent strength I'm happy. I realise the daemon prince is a mighty risk...but they are just cool!

Lord Solar Plexus
04-02-2013, 14:58
I don't think the DP is a big risk. I wouldn't field a Tzeentch caster until Warpflames have been FAQ'ed or agreed upon in my group but your BSB is risky.

I aslo think your units might be a bit to big (Warriors and Knights that is) and would suggest to try to field more units. 18 Warriors, 2*5 Knights, something like this. A magic missile - for example - can only target one unit at a time, same with charges and missile weapons. Of course the units are weaker individually but a single unit can for example never get a combined front + flank charge off. Two units of Knights can always try to charge the same opponent though.