PDA

View Full Version : Where To Go Now?

SnakAttack
04-02-2013, 16:04
As of right now, I need to do some updating to my Lizardmen army. Most importantly, I need to get the new rulebook and the new Lizardmen army book, as I currently have the 6th edition rulebook and the Lizardmen army book that came out before the one that is currently out. My plan is to get the new rulebook at some point (probably in the Island of Blood set) and then to get the new Lizardmen army book when it comes out later this year. I figure I might as well wait, because I am in the process of trying to put together/paint units, as well as hopefully getting some more units. I am not sure how things have changed in the new editions of the rulebook or the Lizardmen army book, but I was never very well-versed anyway.

Here is what I currently have for the Lizardmen:
- Saurus Hero
- Skink Priest
- 16 Saurus with Hand Weapons
- 16 Saurus (Not put together yet - Should I make hand weapons or spears?)
- 12 Skinks with Spears
- 12 Skinks with Blowpipes
- 6 Chameleon Skinks
- 1 Salamander Unit (Salamander and Three Handlers)

By my count, I can legally make this army into a 1,000-1,250 point list (based upon the old rulebook and army book I am using). What would you all suggest I try to get in the future to help complete my army? My goal is probably about 1,500-2,000 points for now.

IcedCrow
04-02-2013, 16:20
Bring your saurus units over 30. Add another hero.

Vulcan7200
04-02-2013, 16:21
I would suggest HWS for the unassembled Saurus. That seems to be the general consensus of what's "better". Although personally, I think Saurus look much better with spears when ranked up. With all spear tips facing up, it ends up looking like a very organized, disciplined army, which is fitting for Saurus marching to battle. If you're trying to plan around the new book rumored to be coming out sometime near November, it's a safe bet that Salamanders will be nerfed. As long as they still use the flame template, I'm sure they'll still be GOOD, but I can't help but feel they will not be an auto include anymore. With the magic phase being what it is, a Slann will probably always be an auto include, unless we get a lord level Skink Priest. So a unit of Temple Guard and a Slann will probably be a good investment for the army.

SnakAttack
05-02-2013, 23:37
Awesome, I was kind of thinking what you both said!

IcedCrow, I will definitely invest in more Saurus troops and try to get another hero (maybe a Slann).

Vulcan7200, I will most likely go with hand weapons, because that seems to fit my style more in terms of appearances and playstyle. I can imagine a unit with spears does look amazing though. Great, then I will focus on getting the Slann and Temple Guard, which I had thought may be a good idea.

Danny76
08-02-2013, 12:36
Ah shame your USA based. I've got a load of the stuff you're looking for I'm selling off..

Spiney Norman
08-02-2013, 13:31
Here is what I would do

Combine all your saurus into a single unit of 32 all with hand weapons and shields, with your skinks that fullfills your core requirment up to 2K
Now invest in a Slann and 20 Temple Guard, I can't really concieve of a Lizard army without one unless you want to do a dino riders army.

Then investigate some hammers, Kroxigor or Stegs are my usual go to units in this role, saurus cavalry can work but they are nowhere near as point-efficient as the other two options.

Then... more salamanders and you're good to go.

Or save upi your cash for the almost-inevitable dinosaur monstrous cavalry.

SkawtheFalconer
08-02-2013, 15:23
Incidentally, I believe that Lizardmen are rumoured to be re-released at some point near the end of this year? Check out the Warseer Rumours forum for more.

Danny76
08-02-2013, 20:32
Between July and November somewhere. Depending when splash waves appear I guess..

SnakAttack
14-02-2013, 01:19
Awesome, thank you all for the information! I am going to really have to determine the best and most cost-efficient way to go about building up my army. I sure have a lot to think about.

Kayosiv
14-02-2013, 09:10
I would recomend getting a Slann and a stegadon. Both are extremely solid choices that can be fielded in almost any point setting.

Terrenord
14-02-2013, 11:17
1 Slann
20 Temple Guard

Dante blackfur
14-02-2013, 14:34
Gotta agree with Slann first then budget permitting temple guard and stag.