PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic choices: Pleae Rate

MarcoPollo
04-02-2013, 16:49
Alright,

I came into possession of some daemonic models and am going to be painting them up. But, I have been out of the hobby for a while now and what used to be awesome (flamers and bloodcrushers for example) are not so much anymore. I therefore have to decide whether to use them in fantasy, use them in 40K, or sell them.

So can the warseer community rate the following items in term of game play/tactical awesomeness (1-10: 10 being awesome/ 1 being nerfed to hell and back) -- For fantasy games only (I'll post this in 40K as well and ask those folks to rate these according to their terms of reference). And (if you know) whether to use them in fantasy, 40K or sell them.

Here they are:

1) Keeper of Secrets: (1-10): From what I've read, is good in fantasy. -- (9-Fantasy, ?--40K)

2) 6 blood crushers of Khorne: (1-10): From what I've read, is viable in both fantasy and 40K but nothing special (5-Fantasy, ?-40K).

3) 3 Fiends of Slaanesh: (1-10): Don't know much either way.

4) 8 flamers of Tzeetch: (1-10): From what I've read GW took the nerf bat to them in fantasy. (3-fantasy, ?-40K).

Any extra comments would be helpful and appreciated.

Dante blackfur
04-02-2013, 20:39
Alright,

I came into possession of some daemonic models and am going to be painting them up. But, I have been out of the hobby for a while now and what used to be awesome (flamers and bloodcrushers for example) are not so much anymore. I therefore have to decide whether to use them in fantasy, use them in 40K, or sell them.

So can the warseer community rate the following items in term of game play/tactical awesomeness (1-10: 10 being awesome/ 1 being nerfed to hell and back) -- For fantasy games only (I'll post this in 40K as well and ask those folks to rate these according to their terms of reference). And (if you know) whether to use them in fantasy, 40K or sell them.

Here they are:

1) Keeper of Secrets: (1-10): From what I've read, is good in fantasy. -- (9-Fantasy, ?--40K)

2) 6 blood crushers of Khorne: (1-10): From what I've read, is viable in both fantasy and 40K but nothing special (5-Fantasy, ?-40K).

3) 3 Fiends of Slaanesh: (1-10): Don't know much either way.

4) 8 flamers of Tzeetch: (1-10): From what I've read GW took the nerf bat to them in fantasy. (3-fantasy, ?-40K).

Any extra comments would be helpful and appreciated.

KoS fantasy (10) by far the best greater daemon if not one of the bestowed choices in the game.

Blood crushers (6 1/2) they good hit hard but are exspensive

Fiends personally I haven't used them but they didn't prefer too well when my friend played them (4)

Flamers: personally I love them, d6 shots at S4 is pretty decent and they're not too over priced. IMHO I'd give them a solid (7) for Manuverability and damage output.

I don't play 40k but I've heard KoS is very good also. Not sure on the rest.

Kalandros
05-02-2013, 09:10
Greater Unclean One with Balesword is currently the best. Keeper of Secrets is only good if it can reach combat before losing its pitiful 5 wounds and has the Spirit Swallower to heal her up or with LD Bomb and Allure of Slaanesh to basically never be attacked in close combat, ever.

jtrowell
05-02-2013, 09:28
On thing you should know: new army book and codex for both Warhammer Fantasy and 40k are strongly rumoured to be released next month, so you should probably wait a few weeks as this will probably make any current evaluation obsolete, with the current power choices rebalanced.