PDA

View Full Version : 1.5K Tzeentch knights - all mounted chaos warriors

ArtificerArmour
04-02-2013, 20:30
Soooo, I've a tournament coming up in a month, and since I've duffed my leg up I've alot of time to kill. So here's a list I'd like to try out. Be warned, it's not conventional by any means...

Lords:

(General) Lord Sorceror (metal), Mark of Tz, Familiar, Disc, Talisman of 4+ save, Third eye - 360

He knows 4 spells, channels on a 5+ (rerolling 1s), can fly,3+ armour and has a 3+ ward (rerolling 1s). He flies around, hopefully causing mayhem with his metal spells or staying far away from danger in blood and glory.

Heroes:

Exalted, BSB, MOT, Daemonic mount, Halberd, Enchanted shield, Dawnstone, soul hunger (216)

This is a tricky one. 1+ save with rerolls and a 6+ ward. He's eventually going to lose wounds, so soul hunger may help him out later in the game. He's on a monstrous mount, but he'll still be almost impervious to cannons due to the blasted standard with the knights unit. I want to give him burning body to help him deal with regen creatures.

Core

Chariot

Chariot

5 maruaders horsemen, instrument

5 hounds, van

5 hounds, van

Cores rammed with chaff, tempted to straight swap bot the hounds for marauders, but I do get extra drops for them.

Special

8 knights, MOT, full command, Blasted standard ensorcelled weapons - 400points

(Block with my bsb in it, small, but not going to get any bigger due to it only being 1500 points)

Warshrine, MoT

3+ ward save, buffing my knight unit

Basic plan - sit back for a turn or two, trying to draw the enemy out, hopefully buffing my knights with the warshrines spell whilst hexing any blocks. Then Turn 2-3 pick a unit, smash it with a joint chariot and bus charge.

Yeah, that will never work, but thats the plan!

Thoughts?

ArtificerArmour
04-02-2013, 20:45
Fouled up the maths on the knight unit, its actually 416 points. Therfore Ive dropped the halb on the bsb and a puppy, combining two dog units into one of 9.

zielonkak
04-02-2013, 21:21
Hey i just got the book today and read through it. for the point level, i really like your character builds. i agree with the swaping the soul for burning. i think it will prove to be more useful in the long run. the only thing i would consider changing is trying to fit in a block troop somewhere...something to tarpit, maybe even a spawn or two...they are very useful now in my opinion. other then that, i like it.

ArtificerArmour
04-02-2013, 23:46
Yeah loses it being an entire mounted army, I'm stuck between taking chariots and 30 mot marauders or just a block of 25 mot warriors

zielonkak
05-02-2013, 00:10
yea i hear ya

lukas721
05-02-2013, 22:20
I have a Question, because this is tournament list what are you going to do against my 17 WoC MoT HW+S with killy exalted in watchtower?
I'm not mentioning everything around protecting flanks, maybe chimera, DP, gorebeast chariot etc., but just this 1 bunker anvil in the tower will go cap and hold it to the end of game.

zielonkak
05-02-2013, 22:33
He'll probably have to bank on his metal spells to help.

ArtificerArmour
06-02-2013, 07:38
Yes, all those flaming metal spells which ignore armour and do double damage to units in a building and ignore regen ;)

Let your army come to me (I'll be well buffed), Frenzy bait the ld5 chimmy and then ....well...what can stand up to dp these days?

EDIT - turns out chimmy arnt frenzied! Oops!