PDA

View Full Version : Chaos and death

snakezenn
04-02-2013, 21:13
So me and a couple of guys were wondering what would happen to chaos lords/sorcerers if/when they die and are not raised to daemonhood. Do their souls just get eaten when they die? Or can they come back like how deamons do. Also wondering what would happen to special characters such as abbadon or arhiman etc... if they died.

Camman1984
04-02-2013, 21:49
I imagine if abaddon or arihman or someone the gods have been paying attention too died, depending on the death they may ascend in some way. Gonna be a fight over abaddons soul though. And ahriman might go spawn.

The chaos gods are usually so fickle though that most chaos deaths including even some of the big names will be no more important than an imperial death too them.

It also depends on how they got their gifts. My soul for a gift is a common deal with the devil in real people so i cant see why 'future' humans would act differently so i imagine a lot of the guys will be food or slaves.

TheDungen
06-02-2013, 05:40
I believe I've heard that some souls are taken care of and made demonic heralds.

m1acca1551
06-02-2013, 06:29
Depend son the manner of there death but for most cases death in service of the dark gods generally is seen as failure and failure is met by punishment of say the rest of eternity in damnation, spawndom is simply one being unable to control the warp or raw stuff of chaos in there body.

Those who have pleased the dark gods can be reborn or granted ascension depending on there service, but the gods are fickle and even the most favoured son can find themselves being gorged on by daemons for eternity.

totgeboren
06-02-2013, 12:26
I think Eliphas the Inheritor, who was killed, got resurrected later on by the Gods, because they wanted him alive for something. But that is from the DoW series, and not really canon I suppose.
Not to reveal too much, but in one HH book, a character who died got resurrected something like a year later by a Dark Apostle, using sorcery and the bones of the deceased. The impression I got was that this characters soul was hunted and tortured in the warp after death.

So, Death=Hell for chaos as well as for Imperials, though it is possible to return, even after being dead for a while.