PDA

View Full Version : Mangler Squigs hitting units in combat

English 2000
05-02-2013, 01:15
If a Mangler Squig hits a unit in combat, does it only do damage to units it hits? In 7th fanatic hits would be randomized. As far as I can tell they are not randomized in 8th. My regular Orc opponent likes to pin units in combat and then send the manglers in to do some damage. Very annoying but it seems to be perfectly legal. Is that correct?

Blkc57
05-02-2013, 01:38
The unit it hits is the unit it hits, and the rules in the O&G book give it permission to strike models in combat if my memory serves me (which it sometimes doesn't). There is no rule for randomization, only Skaven Globadiers do that nonsense. The deeper question is, even though they are distributed as shooting are they in fact shooting attacks or close combat hits simply distributed in such a manner? I go with close combat hits but thats just me (which means if it passes through artillery crews I use the lower toughness but again thats just me and my group)

Kalandros
05-02-2013, 09:02
Indeed, there is no randomization, if white lions are fighting night goblins and a mangler happens to strike white lions - only white lions are struck.

Avian
05-02-2013, 16:59
Fanatic hits weren't randomized in 7th edition either, and I don't think they were in 6th. You may be thinking of 5th edition.